Again I'm not necessarily writing off Madine. He may turn out to be decent. I just don't share the view with others that a striker was our most pressing issue in this window.

I don't see how we're gonna be able to win a midfield battle with what we've got.

Patterson in midfield is a complete no no for me. And Peltier is on the same level as Super Kev and Ben Turner technically.

The only creativity we have left in the whole squad solely rests on Hoiletts shoulders.

Kadeem Harris, Mendez-Laing, Wildschutt can run fast and would all win the 100 metres in school but none of them can see anything different on a football pitch.

I'm not one who demands that the club loosen the purse strings, we've got to work within a tight budget but that budget has been pushed out this window and that is why I'm uninspired cos you would at least expect Warnock to be looking to replace Tomlin given how highly he spoke of him having the x factor at in the summer.

As it is we look completely "functional" and all Warnock's words about sending the fans home excited at 5pm on a Saturday sound a bit hollow.

I'd like us to go up and I'm not one who would rather stay in the championship etc etc but I understand there are big clubs throwing money at it so the odds are against it. If we can't go up though I'd like to at least watch some football which excites me and see players do things other than just run around!