Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
I try to be upbeat with the City, on field and off, a view of "there is nothing I can do to affect what happens so make the best of things" type attitude.
Unfortunately, the initial optimism when NW arrived and the "building of a side to have another go at promotion" for this season looks to have hit the buffers and currently I'm left feeling flat.

I don't entirely blame our Neil for the way we are going and the way we want to play, as some seem to.
We have been looking to do things on the cheap, which has been accepted by many, and as such we have been unable to attract the "better" players available that seem to have gone elsewhere.
Is this purely down to our "typical NW style"?
I don't think so. Okay, the unfair tag that we have been unable to shake off hasn't helped but it seems we have been reluctant to shell out when we have been desperate due to lack of depth.

It looks like we should all prepare for Championship football again next season.
This was in the back of most realistic minds as probably for the best anyway, but the TW business (or lack of) has confirmed this and I believe that is why most of us feel deflated, particularly with our unexpected great start.

Time is a healer and we should all be right behind Neil and our team soon, starting on Saturday.
To be fair we have signed 5 players in this window. A player that was signed for £7 million in his last transfer, a player who has scored 10 goals this season for a struggling club, a highly rated youngster from a top 4 premier league club, and 2 squad players at this level.

Its hard to say there has been a lack of activity, its simply that the fans are not excited by these signings.