Maybe 35 years ago .....

Re: F1 Grid Girls Binned

Quote Originally Posted by stevebrickman View Post
    Thinly veiled "my mrs is mint" post.
    Beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Steve R View Post
    You wish

Another one of those lovely spiked stories for you.
    http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite...4#.WnNB-VSFg3g
    Are Spiked still classed as controversial/contrarian even though you know they'll always post the contrary view in their articles?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    So, you reckon that the hugely powerful F1 franchise has succumbed to complaints from feminists ( probably not a priority in target audience)
    These people will happily distort science so I'm sure they would have a go at F1
    http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed...210-story.html

I'm not saying that's what happened but it wouldn't surprise me if it had, I follow lots of feminism pages and they are always having a go at someone, they are turning on themselves now by boycotting their own marches.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    My wife is an ex grid girl
    My ex wife is a grid girl.

I kicked her out today, now that she can no longer pay her way!

tbh I can see where hes going with this, any boring old sod who gets his rocks off watching a bunch of paper cars fly around a circular track like 100 times isn't going to be thinking anything more than "get on with it!!" when some tarts walk down the speedway. It's just a waste of money

You shouldn't mix sport with masturbation. Mixed doubles can leave a man very confused.

Is there any truth to the rumour that Churchill Way is going to be renamed Snowflake Way?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Is there any truth to the rumour that Churchill Way is going to be renamed Snowflake Way?
    I think it's quite obvious who the snowflakes are in this instance.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Spot on they are not forced in to doing the job.
    Well as long as the wealthy liberal elite can gaze out of there well
    groomed house through rose tinted spectacles,there probaly the same lot who want us to open up our borders as long as they don't live near the Impact on thier communities.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    First they came for the Page 3 Girls
    Then they came for the Darts Girls
    Then they came for the F1 Grid Girls

Who's next?
    The girls that can't pull off the revealing outfits they think they can get away with wearing in South Wales town centres on a weekend. Enough to make a man want to put down his beer and go home sometimes.

If a younger lady wishes to take part in such a job then that’s her decision and it seems that people can find fault in anything these days or have some faux outrage.

What I agree with is though is that that the bosses of formula one that multi million if not billion industry probably didn’t go all Germaine Greer, start playing ‘Sisters are doing it for themsleves’ And think yeah they’ve got a point, right on Sisters.

I think they’ve their own reasons probably along the lines of tackiness as stated above as opposed to what a few people write on Twitter.

Now that a load of women will no longer be working in F1, the next thing will be a campaign to get more women employed in F1 because of the male imbalance in the industry.

Have Crystal Palarse pulled their's yet ?

Dirty old men leering at beautiful young women. Nice!

Women are being positioned as an embellishment to a sport. Nice!

The following statement sums the situation up perfectly.

“Sport mirrors and magnifies society. If we depict women in sport in a way that reinforces a narrow stereotype, we add to the pressure young girls in particular feel to look and act a certain way. If we depict women in a central, powerful and sporting role, we create a positive, modern and accurate image to inspire others.”

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Shame on you. Utter filth, there's children read this board.

It’ll be more like the pot noodle advert
    [img]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/1600/1*Z08nzuji_9uLtBhKJoTvKQ.jpeg[/img]

It’ll be more like the pot noodle advert

Some girls are sporty, some aspire to be models, some like to get glammed up and parade themselves, some get a kick out of being objectified by men. Why should it be up to a certain section of these women, the feminist nazis, that decide what can and cant go for all women?

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Dirty old men leering at beautiful young women. Nice!

Women are being positioned as an embellishment to a sport. Nice!

The following statement sums the situation up perfectly.

“Sport mirrors and magnifies society. If we depict women in sport in a way that reinforces a narrow stereotype, we add to the pressure young girls in particular feel to look and act a certain way. If we depict women in a central, powerful and sporting role, we create a positive, modern and accurate image to inspire others.”
    Rubbish. None of these girls who have lost their job said they feel pressured in anyway, they are absolutely gutted to lose large parts of their modelling income.

I dont hear any calls to ban David Gandy and David Beckham off the undercrackers adverts to stop women oggling and objectifying them. :rollseyes:

Where did I say in my post that the girls were being pressured??

Why in today’s day and age in sport do we have to have women wearing next to nothing draped over cars etc.

As a woman who absolutely loves sport, it doesn’t sit comfortable with me.

However I am NOT some kind of looney feminist I just feel that it’s not necessary.

Why in today’s day and age in sport do we have to have women wearing next to nothing draped over cars etc.

However I am NOT some kind of looney feminist I just feel that it’s not necessary.
    Erm, the statement you quoted (which you said "sums it up perfectly") states "we add to the pressure young girls in particular feel to look and act a certain way".

Whatever next? Ban womens beach volleyball because they wear next to nothing?

If it was up to the fat, ugly, jealous, nazi feminists no doubt they would!!

We'd better start putting t-shirts on those male models then in the boxer adverts.

May as well throw a vest on AJ when he boxes too judging by the drooling women over my Instagram (the kind that if it was a bloke to a woman would be reported)

Anyone think of any more?

In fact they ought to have a man stood there fully dressed holding a pair of boxer shorts, after all the majority of men the advert is aimed at don't want to see a man half naked do they..another advert indirectly on t.v. f9rbthe pleasure of oggling women.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    We'd better start putting t-shirts on those male models then in the boxer adverts.

May as well throw a vest on AJ when he boxes too judging by the drooling women over my Instagram (the kind that if it was a bloke to a woman would be reported)

Anyone think of any more?

In fact they ought to have a man stood there fully dressed holding a pair of boxer shorts, after all the majority of men the advert is aimed at don't want to see a man half naked do they..another advert indirectly on t.v. f9rbthe pleasure of oggling women.
    Boxers should be made to wear black tie attire like snooker players