Re: F1 Grid Girls Binned

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    Bingo?
    Sewing?
    Rabbiting?
    Got me in stitches here

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post

Thinking about the sexual exploitation of women in sport. Can you name a female sport where they use scantily clad men to promote their sport
    Foxy Boxing

Got me in stitches here
    That'll be the sewing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Some girls are sporty, some aspire to be models, some like to get glammed up and parade themselves, some get a kick out of being objectified by men. Why should it be up to a certain section of these women, the feminist nazis, that decide what can and cant go for all women?
    dirty old man...

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    That'll be the sewing.
    Stop trying to needle me

If women want to choose a career that is created by men to titillate other men and unavailable to most women we should let them have that choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    "Nazi feminists" don't run or have much in the way of influence over formula one.
    They've clearly just made this decision because it was no longer worthwhile wasting their money paying models to stand by the cars.
    No amount of frothing at the mouth by the hard of thinking on here, means that this is not true.
    Dont waste your breath, ccmb is now full of the thickest people on the internet who’ve had their brains warped by the absolute bollocks they’ve come across on the Internet. The irony of them calling people offended and snowflakes is also lost on them while they spend every second of their pathetic lives posting on here.

Thinking about the sexual exploitation of women in sport. Can you name a female sport where they use scantily clad men to promote their sport
    No.

Cos sexy women promote tennis/beach volley ball etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Dont waste your breath, ccmb is now full of the thickest people on the internet who’ve had their brains warped by the absolute bollocks they’ve come across on the Internet. The irony of them calling people offended and snowflakes is also lost on them while they spend every second of their pathetic lives posting on here.
    Says the keyboard warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Says the keyboard warrior.
    What does that even mean in this context?

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    What does that even mean in this context?
    Well, it means that you are a keyboard warrior. Looking at your Post, anyone would assume it means you are comfortable saying these things with a keyboard, and wouldn't be as likely to repeat them in different circumstances.

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebirdman Of Alcathays View Post
    If women want to choose a career that is created by men to titillate other men and unavailable to most women we should let them have that choice.
    Correct, but also if F1 decide they don't want to waste money paying models to hold umbrellas, because they aren't bringing in the crowds any more, then we should respect that choice

Gallery denies censorship after removing Victorian painting

A gallery has temporarily removed a Victorian painting of naked adolescent girls in a move to "encourage debate" about how such images should be displayed in the modern age.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42904024

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Gallery denies censorship after removing Victorian painting

A gallery has temporarily removed a Victorian painting of naked adolescent girls in a move to "encourage debate" about how such images should be displayed in the modern age.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-42904024
    Saw that. Its not Razzle.

Correct, but also if F1 decide they don't want to waste money paying models to hold umbrellas, because they aren't bringing in the crowds any more, then we should respect that choice
    Sorry, Rjk, I was trying to be a clever-arse by suggesting that it isn't much of a career choice for women if 1. It's based on the basic desires of others, and 2. It's determined by how she looks and how old she is.

What makes you believe this though? Everything that's been going on lately points to the fact people are getting scared imo

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    What makes you believe this though? Everything that's been going on lately points to the fact people are getting scared imo
    Not that I'm saying it should happen (some men ARE ****ing nuisance pest types) but it's got to the point where in a busy pub you won't even point out a decent looking girl anymore for fear of a blackcurrant vodka down ya white top...

Sorry, Rjk, I was trying to be a clever-arse by suggesting that it isn't much of a career choice for women if 1. It's based on the basic desires of others, and 2. It's determined by how she looks and how old she is.
    Football isn't much of a career for men given it's determined by physical acts and how old the players are...

Basic desires? Vast majority of F1 viewers are petrol heads. Think you'll find most creaming themselves over the excellent technical features Sky have rather than a fleeting glimpse of a young woman for all of a second.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    Football isn't much of a career for men given it's determined by physical acts and how old the players are...

Basic desires? Vast majority of F1 viewers are petrol heads. Think you'll find most creaming themselves over the excellent technical features Sky have rather than a fleeting glimpse of a young woman for all of a second.
    Are footballers chosen by how good they look?

And if F1 viewers aren't interested in the women then why have them?

Are footballers chosen by how good they look?

And if F1 viewers aren't interested in the women then why have them?
    If you can point out any footballers who don't match the fotballer prototype these days... those overweight tend to be loaned out in the hope other clubs can get them fit.

They are there, afaik not employed directly by F1 but by local promoters to bring a bit of glamour.

The cars and drivers are the stars, the grid girls are just something that's there. No viewer tunes in to watch the grid girls ( except sludge ), no viewer tunes in to watch the ring girls in boxing or ufc ( except Sludge ) etc.

What we're seeing these days is a culture espoused that women can truly do anything they want to - except things a vocal minority don't want them to do. Which seems to me to be as anti-feminist as you can get.

If you can point out any footballers who don't match the fotballer prototype these days... those overweight tend to be loaned out in the hope other clubs can get them fit.

They are there, afaik not employed directly by F1 but by local promoters to bring a bit of glamour.

The cars and drivers are the stars, the grid girls are just something that's there. No viewer tunes in to watch the grid girls ( except sludge ), no viewer tunes in to watch the ring girls in boxing or ufc ( except Sludge ) etc.

What we're seeing these days is a culture espoused that women can truly do anything they want to - except things a vocal minority don't want them to do. Which seems to me to be as anti-feminist as you can get.
    You ask me to name a player who doesn't meet the footballer prototype then you name one. But it's a poor analogy anyway - a footballer's skill is nurtured over many years and not just a genetic gift and a hour in hair and make-up.

Then you suggest they're there to bring a bit of glamour but no-one's taking any notice. Then why have them if no-one is bothered about the glamour?

I don't think what is being espoused has changed. Feminism wants women to be judged equally and fairly like anyone else and not just as eye candy and 'glamour'.

You ask me to name a player who doesn't meet the footballer prototype then you name one. But it's a poor analogy anyway - a footballer's skill is nurtured over many years and not just a genetic gift and a hour in hair and make-up.

Then you suggest they're there to bring a bit of glamour but no-one's taking any notice. Then why have them if no-one is bothered about the glamour?

I don't think what is being espoused has changed. Feminism wants women to be judged equally and fairly like anyone else and not just as eye candy and 'glamour'.
    That's bs though. Feminists can claim that all they like but women themselves are highly judgmental on looks et al - probably moreso than men. Feminists would rail against NFL cheerleaders, I'm sure. Ok, they are highly trained, demonstrating skill in their routines and indeed virtually all are educated to degree level but damn, they aren't wearing suits.

Would you say NFL cheerleaders are just "a genetic gift and an hour in hair and make-up"? That's quite judgemental if you agree with that view.

End of the day, if a model ( part time or other ) wants to hold a sign at a grand prix event ( and they aren't hardly just stood there wearing bikinis ) then imo they are prefectly free to do so without being judged by anyone, especially "feminists".

PS,

I didn't say nobody was taking notice. What I said was that the overwhelming majority of F1 viewers are petrolheads. Do they add a bit of glamour to a sport that is testosterone on speed? Yes. Do people tune in specifically to watch them ( apart from Sludge )? Behave...

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Scared of what?

That's bs though. Feminists can claim that all they like but women themselves are highly judgmental on looks et al - probably moreso than men. Feminists would rail against NFL cheerleaders, I'm sure. Ok, they are highly trained, demonstrating skill in their routines and indeed virtually all are educated to degree level but damn, they aren't wearing suits.

Would you say NFL cheerleaders are just "a genetic gift and an hour in hair and make-up"? That's quite judgemental if you agree with that view.

End of the day, if a model ( part time or other ) wants to hold a sign at a grand prix event ( and they aren't hardly just stood there wearing bikinis ) then imo they are prefectly free to do so without being judged by anyone, especially "feminists".

PS,

I didn't say nobody was taking notice. What I said was that the overwhelming majority of F1 viewers are petrolheads. Do they add a bit of glamour to a sport that is testosterone on speed? Yes. Do people tune in specifically to watch them ( apart from Sludge )? Behave...

You've already explained the difference between cheerleaders and someone holding a sign, so no, I wouldn't make that judgment (not that I mentioned cheerleaders).

"End of the day, if a model wants to hold a sign..." Do they though? Or do they think it's just a job because that's all we can offer them? This is the worth we bestow on them which becomes their self worth - 'just stand there, don't think, don't offer any ideas, you're here just to be the sugar on the event, until we think you're not attractive enough anymore.'

And what if someone applies to be a grid girl and they're not qualified i.e. not hot enough? Maybe (some) women are judgmental about each other because this is how society values them. Also, everyone can be quite snooty about each other in particular ways; it doesn't mean they want that in a societal framework.

Glamour is shallow and a facade; I think it's good we're moving away from such a mindset.

You've already explained the difference between cheerleaders and someone holding a sign, so no, I wouldn't make that judgment (not that I mentioned cheerleaders).

"End of the day, if a model wants to hold a sign..." Do they though? Or do they think it's just a job because that's all we can offer them? This is the worth we bestow on them which becomes their self worth - 'just stand there, don't think, don't offer any ideas, you're here just to be the sugar on the event, until we think you're not attractive enough anymore.'

And what if someone applies to be a grid girl and they're not qualified i.e. not hot enough? Maybe (some) women are judgmental about each other because this is how society values them. Also, everyone can be quite snooty about each other in particular ways; it doesn't mean they want that in a societal framework.

Glamour is shallow and a facade; I think it's good we're moving away from such a mindset.
    That's all we can offer them? Good grief - it's one days work. One day. Models are self-employed after all...

Shallow, facade are terms that can be used at the faux outrage on behalf of such downtrodden women...