Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: And these are trying to get into the UK

And these are trying to get into the UK

Re: And these are trying to get into the UK

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    Politics forum is there for this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    And leaving the EU deals with asylum seekers how, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Eric - these arent asylum seekers - asylum seekers are supposed to take refuge in the first safe country from their native home. So Geography tells me that between Afghanistan and Calais - there are a few safe countries, same goes for Eritrea.

These 'people' are economic migrants. They are not fleeing anything, and it is because the UK / EU let them stay is because the more that will follow.

I guess being outside the EU means we no longer have to follow EU rules on taking people in. As it stands Brussels tell the UK how many people will come here, just like it does for other countries. Not being in the EU means not having to abide by Brussels decisions.

The only way they can get across is by illegal means - if they do make it - they get sent back to the last country they came from or country of orgin - I guess ?
    Why have you put speech marks around people? They're people.

The EU has absolutely no say or influence on us taking immigrants from non EU countries, certainly none that we can't veto. Maybe we should just get hard Brexit, so our country is so shit no immigrants will want to come anyway.

Eric - these arent asylum seekers - asylum seekers are supposed to take refuge in the first safe country from their native home. So Geography tells me that between Afghanistan and Calais - there are a few safe countries, same goes for Eritrea.

These 'people' are economic migrants. They are not fleeing anything, and it is because the UK / EU let them stay is because the more that will follow.

I guess being outside the EU means we no longer have to follow EU rules on taking people in. As it stands Brussels tell the UK how many people will come here, just like it does for other countries. Not being in the EU means not having to abide by Brussels decisions.

The only way they can get across is by illegal means - if they do make it - they get sent back to the last country they came from or country of orgin - I guess ?
    A few comments in reply to this.

There is nothing in international law to say an asylum seeker should take refuge in the first safe country they reach. If that was the case, then countries closer to their home would simply not cope. Turkey has several million Syrian refugees for example. In the case of genuine asylum seekers, I believe all civilised countries should do their bit to help the situation, including us. I'd prefer to have a bit of humanity, even if you don't. We take in fewer asylum seekers than most European countries as it is, around 4% of all of our immigrants are trying to claim asylum.

There are also no EU laws or regulations forcing any European country to accept asylum seekers, contrary to the view of quite a few people that I talk to. I appreciate that the EU has put pressure on countries to accept asylum seekers, it is even going through the ECJ to force 3 countries to accept more, but they haven't a leg to stand on and they'll lose the case. There's no chance whatsoever of any law being passed forcing EU member countries to accept quotas of asylum seekers as it would be vetoed. In a nutshell, if the UK doesn't want to accept asylum seekers, it doesn't have to, regardless of what the EU says. This is fact.

The UK alone decides how it deals with asylum seekers and illegal immigration (separating them as they are not one and the same). Illegal immigration will probably never be stamped down on as it provides dirt cheap labour for unscrupulous bosses, who earn massive profits as a result.

Any questions or issues with how Britain accepts asylum seekers or deals with non-EU immigrants should be directed to HM Government. They alone are the ones responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Not according to the Daily Mail. Who can forget that utterly unforgiveable rats cartoon? I suspect Mambo feels these 'people' are rats, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post

The EU has absolutely no say or influence on us taking immigrants from non EU countries, certainly none that we can't veto. Maybe we should just get hard Brexit, so our country is so shit no immigrants will want to come anyway.

Exactly, we actually have our own rules on which and how many non-EU migrants we allow into the country, the EU have no say on that. EU free movement is about the free movement of EU nationals - which, again, we actually have a say over, we can stop some EU nationals coming in to the country as well - just because we don't exercise these rights is not the fault of the EU. I wish people would stop blaming the EU for immigration issues, any issues are the fault of the UK government, not the EU. A lot of people voted for Brexit because of immigration, however I believe their issues with immigration are not because of EU nationals but because of non-EU nationals, well I'm sorry to say that with the outflux of EU nationals we're going to end up with an influx of non-EU nationals to replace them, the people who you didn't want here in the first place.

I think we're going to end up with a Brexit at any cost causing massive damage to the UK economy, and just to keep the vocal minority happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    A few comments in reply to this.

There is nothing in international law to say an asylum seeker should take refuge in the first safe country they reach. If that was the case, then countries closer to their home would simply not cope. Turkey has several million Syrian refugees for example. In the case of genuine asylum seekers, I believe all civilised countries should do their bit to help the situation, including us. I'd prefer to have a bit of humanity, even if you don't. We take in fewer asylum seekers than most European countries as it is, around 4% of all of our immigrants are trying to claim asylum.

There are also no EU laws or regulations forcing any European country to accept asylum seekers, contrary to the view of quite a few people that I talk to. I appreciate that the EU has put pressure on countries to accept asylum seekers, it is even going through the ECJ to force 3 countries to accept more, but they haven't a leg to stand on and they'll lose the case. There's no chance whatsoever of any law being passed forcing EU member countries to accept quotas of asylum seekers as it would be vetoed. In a nutshell, if the UK doesn't want to accept asylum seekers, it doesn't have to, regardless of what the EU says. This is fact.

The UK alone decides how it deals with asylum seekers and illegal immigration (separating them as they are not one and the same). Illegal immigration will probably never be stamped down on as it provides dirt cheap labour for unscrupulous bosses, who earn massive profits as a result.

Any questions or issues with how Britain accepts asylum seekers or deals with non-EU immigrants should be directed to HM Government. They alone are the ones responsible.
    Spot on.

The Jungle is a handy buffer zone for us. Wonder if the French will keep helping us out this way after brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The Jungle is a handy buffer zone for us. Wonder if the French will keep helping us out this way after brexit?
    They'd have no reason to. Let them come over here and be our responsibility.

Dublin Convention anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by rs3100 View Post
    A lot of people voted for Brexit because of immigration, however I believe their issues with immigration are not because of EU nationals but because of non-EU nationals, well I'm sorry to say that with the outflux of EU nationals we're going to end up with an influx of non-EU nationals to replace them, the people who you didn't want here in the first place.
    This is the ultimate irony for me. I would say a significant percentage of those who want immigration lowered actually want less Muslims (in particular) coming into the country. By and large, Muslims would be coming in from non-EU countries. The power to stop Muslims coming into the UK then lies with our own government. Now, when we leave and are aiming to get trade deals with other countries, you can guarantee we'll be negotiating with countries in the middle east, where labour and products are cheap. They'll demand some form of freedom of movement, which out of desperation the UK will agree to. What will that mean? More Muslims!

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    And here enters Cedric, the old racist. I thought you had been banned?

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    There we go, blame us again. ;)

And here enters Cedric, the old racist. I thought you had been banned?
    He’s always bloody banned.

No human being is horrible by nature. Their circumstances turn them to be less civil.

People bang on about groups like hezbollah being supported in the middle east. As if it is an indication of the scumbag nature of the people there. Wtf do you think people are going to do? Cheer for the opposition?.

If wales was a warzone and we had to live in their circumstances, our children would grow up to be far less civil than they are now. We would be bloody horrible.

But no we sit behind our computers judging these desperate people, while we decide what brand of sausages we're going have for breakfast tomorrow.

People have it in their heads we are some kind of higher beings looking down on vermin from ME/Asia. Not a chance

Lets have a, e.g gorilla war, in western europe and see how civil the common man and woman are.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    No human being is horrible by nature. Their circumstances turn them to be less civil.

People bang on about groups like hezbollah being supported in the middle east. As if it is an indication of the scumbag nature of the people there. Wtf do you think people are going to do? Cheer for the opposition?.

If wales was a warzone and we had to live in their circumstances, our children would grow up to be far less civil than they are now. We would be bloody horrible.

But no we sit behind our computers judging these desperate people, while we decide what brand of sausages we're going have for breakfast tomorrow.

People have it in their heads we are some kind of higher beings looking down on vermin from ME/Asia. Not a chance

Lets have a, e.g gorilla war, in western europe and see how civil the common man and woman are.
    You can change your username now

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    You can change your username now
    no ill keep it for when we get promoted. Plan ahead

This is the ultimate irony for me. I would say a significant percentage of those who want immigration lowered actually want less Muslims (in particular) coming into the country. By and large, Muslims would be coming in from non-EU countries. The power to stop Muslims coming into the UK then lies with our own government. Now, when we leave and are aiming to get trade deals with other countries, you can guarantee we'll be negotiating with countries in the middle east, where labour and products are cheap. They'll demand some form of freedom of movement, which out of desperation the UK will agree to. What will that mean? More Muslims!
    Yep, yep and yep. The irony has been missed on a lot of people. I can’t imagine the French Piloce being too arsed post Brexit.

And leaving the EU deals with asylum seekers how, exactly?
    Well, it doesn't. The UK Government already has complete control over it's borders. It doesn't need brexit to increase our powers.

What Brexit won't do is give the British ruling class a pair of balls - they're a lot more concerned with impressing other Countries with their 'fairness' and 'sticking to the rules'. To hell with their own folk.

Wouldn't give any of them my vote ...

Eric - Do you think these are asylum seekers ?, why are they all single males ?

I agree illegal immigration will never be stamped out. But are they Asylum Seekers, Refugees or Economic Migrants ? , they've just had a gun fight at Calais (if that helps)

In my opinion Syrian 'refugee' families - yes we'll have those. Vietnamese boat people same, Single blokes with guns - erm maybe no thanks. Is there room in your house for a couple?

Afghan and Eritreans men fighting with guns in Calais - I cant think of any country that wants or needs people like this - can you (maybe the country theyve come from - or maybe ISIS will take them in ?)

I agree with your sentiment re providing dirt cheap labour for unscruplous bosses - however in realty these as gangster type 'bosses' not regular company directors - in my humble opinion. But I'm democratic if the voters want them IN then let them all in - maybe into the house or street where you live - I wonder how long it will take for people to change their minds.

ps - I say this as a man - whose Mrs has a friend from school - who is claiming asylum from Albania, she has her kids in school here as well, she speaks 4 languages. In her own words - she is the exception to the rule, in Albania we are seen as the land of milk and honey (and benefits). The only reason she is here is because 1 of her kids was born here.
    Ask Theresa May. She wasn't overly concerned about it as Home Secretary, mind, but she'll have the answers you seek.

Well said.

No human being is horrible by nature.
    I guess you haven't met many human beings.

Quote Originally Posted by David Vincent View Post
    I guess you haven't met many human beings.
    "by nature"

"by nature"
    Do you think all human beings are born good and it is only their environment that turns them bad?