+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So Maxine was at least £5m

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: So Maxine was at least £5m

I hope he proves me wrong but I think 5 million could've been spent a lot better elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I hope he proves me wrong but I think 5 million could've been spent a lot better elsewhere
    Yes, I feel the same really, but, to be fair, although I've said I can't get too enthusiastic about this signing, I've not really seen a great deal of Madine (I can remember being impressed by him in a televised game yonks ago where I thought he had good feet for a big man) , so before I go slagging him off too much, he deserves a chance to show he is better than I thought he was. Sadly, after a decade or more watching what Jamie Ward brings to a Championship team, I feel I know all about him already - I'll leave it at that for now!

Traore's a strange one, because, after greeting the previous few signings we've made with the words "typical Warnock player", I'm not sure that applies to him - based on what I've seen of him, he's quick, talented, but erratic and prone to make a cock up which costs his team a goal every now and again (e.g. Joe Ralls' goal at the City Ground last season).

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I feel the same really, but, to be fair, although I've said I can't get too enthusiastic about this signing, I've not really seen a great deal of Madine (I can remember being impressed by him in a televised game yonks ago where I thought he had good feet for a big man) , so before I go slagging him off too much, he deserves a chance to show he is better than I thought he was. Sadly, after a decade or more watching what Jamie Ward brings to a Championship team, I feel I know all about him already - I'll leave it at that for now!

Traore's a strange one, because, after greeting the previous few signings we've made with the words "typical Warnock player", I'm not sure that applies to him - based on what I've seen of him, he's quick, talented, but erratic and prone to make a cock up which costs his team a goal every now and again (e.g. Joe Ralls' goal at the City Ground last season).
    I don't think Madine is a bad player, but maybe we're playing so badly, at least aesthetically that Warnock has decided to steer into the skid and get a striker that can cope with the way we are currently playing.