+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Maxine was at least £5m

So Maxine was at least £5m

According to NW this morning...

Re: So Maxine was at least £5m

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Impossible. The ITK experts on here said we didnt have anywhere near that money to spend and the majority of it was based on add-ons such as us getting promoted.

I seen one guy say 2m upfront 4m on promotion like as if promotion is a dead cert

As if Bolton were going to gamble multiple millions on us getting promoted. :rollseyes:

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Impossible. The ITK experts on here said we didnt have anywhere near that money to spend and the majority of it was based on add-ons such as us getting promoted.

I seen one guy say 2m upfront 4m on promotion like as if promotion is a dead cert

As if Bolton were going to gamble multiple millions on us getting promoted. :rollseyes:
    We gambled £2.5 million on hull staying up last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    We know that but he still doesn't say how much was up front and how much add on.Don't

Its peanuts if he scores , forces defenders into error , we have no big bully up front , now we have , so lets breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    We gambled £2.5 million on hull staying up last year.
    Completely different situation. We wanted Marshall off the wage bill and took what we could.

Bolton did not want to sell, they said he was key to them staying up, but the bid got so big that commercially they could not turn it down. Therefore, there is no logic in the claim that 66% of the deal hinges on us getting promoted, when we look more likely to finish outside the play-offs than we do getting promoted at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its peanuts if he scores , forces defenders into error , we have no big bully up front , now we have , so lets breeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeath

Dream on
    He isnt and never has been that sort of player

I just hope he lets others worry about the price tag and scores some goals. Play without pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    I just hope he lets others worry about the price tag and scores some goals. Play without pressure.
    Well lets hope he gets better service than Big Kens been getting of late

I'm not itk but my dismissal of the figure being so high was more a wish/trying to use common sense on his value/ffp/tan and just not being willing to accept that it COULD be 5 million.

No need to be bitchy JR

Look like they can live off different service..

A ball wildschut played in the box against Sunderland and similarly against Wednesday you can see Medine possibly scoring off..not the sort of ball Ken scores off from what I've seen

Amen. Even the best striker would struggle with the service of late.

"It's good and it shows the commitment, Vincent, all the way through has been fantastic," said Warnock.

"We made an offer of £2.5m originally and that ended up doubling so it shows the commitment of Vincent.

"He's given me the ammunition I've wanted. He trusts me and it's great for a manager to know that.

"I don't think we could have done better business, I think it's probably the best transfer deadline I've had in 37 years.

"I can't remember another day when I've improved the squad as much as I've done and been so happy."

Quote Originally Posted by chepstow View Post
    Dream on
    He isnt and never has been that sort of player
    we will know soon ,he could create more , apparently he's a handful in the air , I will though take your advice though and dream positively about success

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    "It's good and it shows the commitment, Vincent, all the way through has been fantastic," said Warnock.

"We made an offer of £2.5m originally and that ended up doubling so it shows the commitment of Vincent.

"He's given me the ammunition I've wanted. He trusts me and it's great for a manager to know that.

"I don't think we could have done better business, I think it's probably the best transfer deadline I've had in 37 years.

"I can't remember another day when I've improved the squad as much as I've done and been so happy."
    Cant fault Tan on this one. Wether hes going to get value for money on this signing, well that remains to be seen.

Hopefully Madine will prove a lot of people wrong, myself included.

Still scratching my head on Jamie Ward, even more so after Warnocks comments today, he must have been stuck in a time warp for about 5 years.

Cant fault Tan on this one. Wether hes going to get value for money on this signing, well that remains to be seen.

Hopefully Madine will prove a lot of people wrong, myself included.

Still scratching my head on Jamie Ward, even more so after Warnocks comments today, he must have been stuck in a time warp for about 5 years.
    I think he was offed Ward ans though hey why not ,cover injuries .
    Reference Tan other that the barking red ideas hes fast becoming our most loyal owner
    We needed a forward desperate not much out there , we were never going to Grabbon, or Marriott , so hey lets have someone ,at least he'll put himself about

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post

He’s more friggin deluded than many of the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    He’s more friggin optimistic than many of the fans.
    FYP. Not that that is a difficult state to achieve if this board is any indication of the outlook of the broad fan base.

I hope he proves me wrong but I think 5 million could've been spent a lot better elsewhere

As you're an ITK expert, care to say where he breaks down the deal into discrete terms?

Deal £5m, you've no more idea of how that was broken down than anyone else.

Madine handed in a transfer request. As will be seen with Mahrez, turning down a transfer to a better club can lead to very disgruntled players and with Madine's past of being a nutter... who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I hope he proves me wrong but I think 5 million could've been spent a lot better elsewhere
    Yes, I feel the same really, but, to be fair, although I've said I can't get too enthusiastic about this signing, I've not really seen a great deal of Madine (I can remember being impressed by him in a televised game yonks ago where I thought he had good feet for a big man) , so before I go slagging him off too much, he deserves a chance to show he is better than I thought he was. Sadly, after a decade or more watching what Jamie Ward brings to a Championship team, I feel I know all about him already - I'll leave it at that for now!

Traore's a strange one, because, after greeting the previous few signings we've made with the words "typical Warnock player", I'm not sure that applies to him - based on what I've seen of him, he's quick, talented, but erratic and prone to make a cock up which costs his team a goal every now and again (e.g. Joe Ralls' goal at the City Ground last season).

Maybe quite a bit of the quoted figures will be held back until the end of his contract to pay for Maxines sex change treatments and ops.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Look like they can live off different service..

A ball wildschut played in the box against Sunderland and similarly against Wednesday you can see Medine possibly scoring off..not the sort of ball Ken scores off from what I've seen
    Hopefully youre spot on. A different type of striker. Maybe given the overall service that kens getting then maybe Warnock sees Madine as being able to make more out of it. Being optimistic I'm hoping that Warnock is looking at it that when we aren't playing great then an easy ball into the box might suit Madine better. With my pessimist hat on I would think bang goes trying to play football. Its obviously not as straight forward as that.

Some big lads like Madine mature latter in football as well and learn how to use the physical attributs they posses better which is why I'm not overly fussed about his previous scoring record until this season. Given the lack of momentum and playing time through stupid things he's done then I hope this is the case.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Yes, I feel the same really, but, to be fair, although I've said I can't get too enthusiastic about this signing, I've not really seen a great deal of Madine (I can remember being impressed by him in a televised game yonks ago where I thought he had good feet for a big man) , so before I go slagging him off too much, he deserves a chance to show he is better than I thought he was. Sadly, after a decade or more watching what Jamie Ward brings to a Championship team, I feel I know all about him already - I'll leave it at that for now!

Traore's a strange one, because, after greeting the previous few signings we've made with the words "typical Warnock player", I'm not sure that applies to him - based on what I've seen of him, he's quick, talented, but erratic and prone to make a cock up which costs his team a goal every now and again (e.g. Joe Ralls' goal at the City Ground last season).
    I don't think Madine is a bad player, but maybe we're playing so badly, at least aesthetically that Warnock has decided to steer into the skid and get a striker that can cope with the way we are currently playing.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    As you're an ITK expert, care to say where he breaks down the deal into discrete terms?

Deal £5m, you've no more idea of how that was broken down than anyone else.

Madine handed in a transfer request. As will be seen with Mahrez, turning down a transfer to a better club can lead to very disgruntled players and with Madine's past of being a nutter... who knows.
    This board can be so ****ing tedious at times.

Get out. Drink a beer.. say something rude to a bird in the pub and get a slap/shag

Jeez.