+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Armand Traore loan signing confirmed

Armand Traore loan signing confirmed

City squeezed in one last transfer

More...

Cardiff City have confirmed the completion of the signing of Armand Traore from Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of the season.

The left back was a former Warnock player at QPR and the details of the signing were only revealed after the transfer window closed.

It took more han 24 hours after that for the club to confirm all the details had been completed and Traore is a Bluebird and cleared to play.

A statement from the club reveals it's a loan deal until the end of the season.

C:WindowsTempphpF954.tmp

Warnock said: “I signed Traoré from Arsenal while I was at QPR and I’ve kept an eye on him ever since. He gives us a lot of versatility down the left with his natural left foot.

“We’re delighted he is coming in as part of the squad and I’m sure he’ll be an asset to us.”

Re: Armand Traore loan signing confirmed

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff City Mad View Post
    City squeezed in one last transfer

More...
    Strange one...I thought he was a free agent after his contract wss cancelled and didn't join until after the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    Strange one...I thought he was a free agent after his contract wss cancelled and didn't join until after the deadline
    That seemed to be the impression given in the media on Thursday morning but it took until last night for the clubs to confirmed it was a loan deal.

Warnock did say that he was signed before 11pm as he was there.

Every time I have seen him he blows hot and cold. Capable of looking impressive going forward. Likes a tackle some of them x rated. Can also look suspect in defence. He is pretty quick but if we are playing with wingers in front of him then I hope it doesn't negate him going forward. Maybe a more defence minded full back might be better but then he was a free and I'm glad he signed short term. Could be very useful.