+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Six Nations

Six Nations

Leaving the usual stuff aside... you know the stuff, the fact that rugby is wrongly synonymous with Wales, minority sport, pissed up women with silly hats, "high jinx" as oppose to football thuggery etc etc, the 6 nations does get the patriotism in the layman going.
    Always cheer Wales in any sport me.

Good start by Wales against Scotland (14-0 currently) so far the experts have got it wrong. Hopefully it continues.

Anyway it's going off at half time when I shall be tuning in to the mighty Bluebirds vs Weeds

Re: Six Nations

Great win for the Scarletts, I did fancy Scotland to win today but brilliant performance from wales

Six Nations biggest spectator sport in World,crowds bigger than Football World Cup or any other sport, this fact reported on BBC today,I was quite surprised! Average gate 70k+

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Six Nations biggest spectator sport in World,crowds bigger than Football World Cup or any other sport, this fact reported on BBC today,I was quite surprised! Average gate 70k+
    Difficult to compare to world cup when you have a lot more games. I'm a big fan of rugby I don't understand why it gets knocked so much on here

Me and my lad are so fed up with Stam that we stayed at home today and watched Wales. We made the right call. Wales were outstanding and played some great rugby.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Me and my lad are so fed up with Stam that we stayed at home today and watched Wales. We made the right call. Wales were outstanding and played some great rugby.
    Just briefly went over the game on the BBC text and the comments were more critical of Scotland than praise for Wales.
    I know they’ve had a decent couple of months but did people REALLY expect Scotland to come to Cardiff and turn Wales over comfortably? Judging by the reaction on social media, a lot of people did.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Just briefly went over the game on the BBC text and the comments were more critical of Scotland than praise for Wales.
    I know they’ve had a decent couple of months but did people REALLY expect Scotland to come to Cardiff and turn Wales over comfortably? Judging by the reaction on social media, a lot of people did.
    Scotland were overhyped but Wales played some lovely rugby today. Very enjoyable. Just to add Reading have not won at home on a Saturday this season. Stam OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Scotland were overhyped but Wales played some lovely rugby today. Very enjoyable. Just to add Reading have not won at home on a Saturday this season. Stam OUT.
    can't say I feel for you though

I thought Scotland might win what with all the injuries in the welsh squad. But fair play Wales were superb, those two young lads on the wing Adams and Evans were top class and the back row put in as good a performance as I've ever seen from Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    I thought Scotland might win what with all the injuries in the welsh squad. But fair play Wales were superb, those two young lads on the wing Adams and Evans were top class and the back row put in as good a performance as I've ever seen from Wales.
    I thought patchell was brilliant at 10 and something we've been missing for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I thought patchell was brilliant at 10 and something we've been missing for a long time
    He was, nice to have big number 10, he's physical as well as skilful. Bottom line is Wales didn't miss any of the injured first choice players, in fact they might be kept out of the side by these lads now.

He was, nice to have big number 10, he's physical as well as skilful. Bottom line is Wales didn't miss any of the injured first choice players, in fact they might be kept out of the side by these lads now.
    That's the worry now because gatland has his favourites

Interesting that North, Amos and Liam Williams look likely to be fit for the England game. I would have Williams on the bench along with either North or Amos and keep Adams and Evans in the starting line up. They do not deserve to be dropped.

Agree, Steff Evans definitely in, and I would risk Adams. Navidi surprised me, excellent i thought. Patchell did ok, but prefer a jinky 10 .

England would have put 60 points on the jocks

International

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    England would have put 60 points on the jocks
    It's easy to say "WOULD HAVE". Lets see the scores after we play Engerland and then see if you are anywhere near rigfht.
    And of course you will have your chance to be right in the Calcutta Cup match. Should we bookmark this ?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It's easy to say "WOULD HAVE". Lets see the scores after we play Engerland and then see if you are anywhere near rigfht.
    And of course you will have your chance to be right in the Calcutta Cup match. Should we bookmark this ?
    I’m talking about one this day Scotland wasted a lot of chances

Do you think we have any chance of beating the English

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    World cup games aren't always played in stadiums that hold 70k+.

I suspect that if a 6 nations football tournament was held, featuring the same 6 countries, attendances would be similar to those in the rugby.

If alcohol was banned, as it should be judging by the behaviour of a lot of them the place would be half empty,it’s a piss up, a social occasion not a sporting event in Wales

I’m talking about one this day Scotland wasted a lot of chances

Do you think we have any chance of beating the English
    Yep we have a chance. The Aviva teams have been dreadful in Europe. The Scarlets boys are flying st the moment. England are favourites but we do have a chance. A real chance.

If alcohol was banned, as it should be judging by the behaviour of a lot of them the place would be half empty,it’s a piss up, a social occasion not a sporting event in Wales
    I dislike all the boozing but of course it’s a sporting event

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    World cup games aren't always played in stadiums that hold 70k+.

I suspect that if a 6 nations football tournament was held, featuring the same 6 countries, attendances would be similar to those in the rugby.
    I thought that the best attended sporting event in the world was the Tour de France.

As Eric says, the reality is that it is almost impossible to compare on a like for like basis .

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    I thought that the best attended sporting event in the world was the Tour de France.

As Eric says, the reality is that it is almost impossible to compare on a like for like basis .
    Not only the best attended but also the worlds best sporting event drugs or not

Did Shame Williams play?

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post

Yes, it's impossible. Imagine the top 6 European clubs having a round-robin tournament? The attendances would smash those of the 6 nations. As many as 15 million (estimated) attend the Tour De France. I read somewhere once about a golf tournament on the PGA tour having around 190,000 to watch in one day.

The 6 nations is undoubtedly popular. Claiming it's the biggest spectator sport in the world is nonsense.