+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Six Nations

Re: Six Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Not only the best attended but also the worlds best sporting event drugs or not
    Is that the riders or the spectators?

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Six Nations biggest spectator sport in World,crowds bigger than Football World Cup or any other sport, this fact reported on BBC today,I was quite surprised! Average gate 70k+
    I think it was on a " game V's game " basis, i.e all the 6 nation games sell out

though saying that, surely all the world cup games sell out, though i guess they have some smaller stadiums ? ? ?

Must say I was very pleasantly surprised by Wales' performance today. Although I have been aware of the Scarlets' success lately, I don't watch anywhere near as much rugby as I used to so didn't really realise just how successful they have been until I did a bit of research on the subject - when you look at how they played to win the Pro 14 last season, it shouldn't really have been such a shock to me that a Wales team composed predominantly of Llanelli players would perform as well as they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I dislike all the boozing but of course it’s a sporting event
    It is, but it's also a social event. And, judging by what I saw throughout the day in Cardiff yesterday, I would say it is more of a social occasion than a sporting occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    I’m talking about one this day Scotland wasted a lot of chances

Do you think we have any chance of beating the English
    How would Scotland missing chances have helped England to score 60 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Badly Ironed Shirt View Post
    It is, but it's also a social event. And, judging by what I saw throughout the day in Cardiff yesterday, I would say it is more of a social occasion than a sporting occasion.
    Agreed. But when I was in France for the Euros it was as much a social occasion as a football occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    Agreed. But when I was in France for the Euros it was as much a social occasion as a football occasion.
    Don't say that football fans don't drink only the scum rugby fans drink and cause trouble

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    How would Scotland missing chances have helped England to score 60 points?
    What chances did Scotland miss more importantly? Wales' defence was superb

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Don't say that football fans don't drink only the scum rugby fans drink and cause trouble
    How did the Egg boy is cope with bars being closed in the stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    How did the Egg boy is cope with bars being closed in the stadium?
    Push the button Mike/Matt

I meant how did the egg boyish cope with stadium bar closures? I know this was proposal being considered, but not sure if implemented?

Also thought egg drunkenness and bad behaviour being construed as “high spirits” was something we wanted to expose?

England v Wales...

Surprisingly pundits giving Wales a chance and the English ones are a bit worried. Just kiddology maybe?

With Leigh Halfpenny out there will be massive pressure on Rhys Patchell today, taking over the kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    England v Wales...

Surprisingly pundits giving Wales a chance and the English ones are a bit worried. Just kiddology maybe?

With Leigh Halfpenny out there will be massive pressure on Rhys Patchell today, taking over the kicking.
    Do you want a dedicated thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Do you want a dedicated thread?
    Not me personally but see how things pan out. Not sure might be much interest after that start