+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pilkington’s goal courtesy of Zahore’s air kick.

Pilkington’s goal courtesy of Zahore’s air kick.

Zahore can still come good

Re: Pilkington’s goal courtesy of Zahore’s air kick.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEAWAY View Post
    Zahore can still come good
    I don't think he's an out and out striker, correct me if i'm wrong, but most of his goals seem to start with him with the ball outside the box, not your average strikers goal. He's not the man for a three yard tap in. I don't know whether it's to do with the way Warnock has set out this season, the way our wingers play (cutting inside and going for goal) or whether Zohore is a marked man. He's very strong, but not physical, he doesn't like to contest headers, he'd much rather back in to a defender, and you can't jump while you're backing in. I wonder whether he would be better served in a wide position, or just infront of a main striker-i'd say that he's missing gunnarsson, as he is very good at breaking down play and playing Zohore in early.

Looked like he didn't celebrate the goal either - although the clip was cut short.

It was a dummy Shirley

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't think he's an out and out striker, correct me if i'm wrong, but most of his goals seem to start with him with the ball outside the box, not your average strikers goal. He's not the man for a three yard tap in. I don't know whether it's to do with the way Warnock has set out this season, the way our wingers play (cutting inside and going for goal) or whether Zohore is a marked man. He's very strong, but not physical, he doesn't like to contest headers, he'd much rather back in to a defender, and you can't jump while you're backing in. I wonder whether he would be better served in a wide position, or just infront of a main striker-i'd say that he's missing gunnarsson, as he is very good at breaking down play and playing Zohore in early.
    I think he could work alongside Madine but I can't see Warnock reverting to a 4-4-2. I agree with the points you make, sometimes Zohore is a bit too nice as a lone striker.

After today, Madine has the lone striker's shirt. Now it's up to Zohore to prove when he has the opportunity that he wants it back. A bit of competition might be the thing that Zohore needs. It'll be interesting to see how he handles it. I'm not sure he handled us turning down Everton's bid for him earlier in the season particularly well. Warnock will demand some character, I'm sure.

For me, Madine showed what we've been missing for the last couple of months.

All the hype went to Ken’s head before he got injured since then he’s been lazy mainly due to the extra couple of stone he’s carrying around

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    All the hype went to Ken’s head before he got injured since then he’s been lazy mainly due to the extra couple of stone he’s carrying around
    Kidney stones??

If that miss had been crucial, he’d have been slaughtered on here. That was one mother and father of all sir kicks, and easily as bad as “Stairling’s” for Man City.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Couple of stone?

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    If that miss had been crucial, he’d have been slaughtered on here. That was one mother and father of all sir kicks, and easily as bad as “Stairling’s” for Man City.
    aaaaaaaaand ignore

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    Whats a 'sir kick' ?. Is it Yorkshire slang ?.

Species of air kick tha knaws.

I think he was rushed back from injury and was played to much in short spaces between a lot of games

He did look pissed off that he missed it and Pilks scored, he did celebrate albeit delayed and begrudgingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    He did look pissed off that he missed it and Pilks scored, he did celebrate albeit delayed and begrudgingly.
    To be fair, had he connected it was probably going in (I’d hope) so I’d be a little annoyed/embarrassed if I missed it as well.
    Luckily Pilks was on hand to sweep up and finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I don't mind him being pissed-off missing, Forwards should crave goals, especially when they're going through a lean patch. We've all seen what Ken can do but he could with a bit of fire in his belly at the moment imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Madassa View Post
    Looked like he didn't celebrate the goal either - although the clip was cut short.
    In fairness, he was probably dwelling on THAT miss a second or two earlier ... shocking miss!

Pilkington laughing at him as he ran straight past him won't help

Pretty sure he would have celebrated if Pilks goal was the winner in a tight game. As said he probably felt a bit daft about his miss, especially with a new striker at the club.

Baffles me how people spell his name wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Baffles me how people spell his name wrong.
    You've changed dembs, marking other people's spelling is it?

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    You've changed dembs, marking other people's spelling is it?

Mines always down to not checking my phone before I submit a post..

Reminds me of people ordering a "chinease" ffs ya thick twat your looking at a menu to order it's got the spelling on there...

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think he could work alongside Madine but I can't see Warnock reverting to a 4-4-2. I agree with the points you make, sometimes Zohore is a bit too nice as a lone striker.

After today, Madine has the lone striker's shirt. Now it's up to Zohore to prove when he has the opportunity that he wants it back. A bit of competition might be the thing that Zohore needs. It'll be interesting to see how he handles it. I'm not sure he handled us turning down Everton's bid for him earlier in the season particularly well. Warnock will demand some character, I'm sure.

For me, Madine showed what we've been missing for the last couple of months.
    “I'm not sure he handled us turning down Everton's bid for him earlier in the season particularly well”

Did Everton even make a bid?

How did he handle it? Is he on record as having had a verbal or written reaction to it?... or are you making the whole thing up?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post

Reminds me of people ordering a "chinease" ffs ya thick twat your looking at a menu to order it's got the spelling on there...
    Real pro's just use the numbers. Saves time and any effort.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Real pro's just use the numbers. Saves time and any effort.
    There's one by me that will only take orders by number easier to translate as they can't 7nferstsnf the valleys accent

Still dont get how someone can order a "chinease" though and not a Chinese.

Can tell I'm hungover im grumpy as ****.