+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Time to eat a slice of humble pie as City stun Leeds.

Time to eat a slice of humble pie as City stun Leeds.

Re: Time to eat a slice of humble pie as City stun Leeds.

Our bad run let in Villa and Derby, so I would be hoping that both of these teams run into a bad patch sooner or later, otherwise it's going to be the play-offs for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Our bad run let in Villa and Derby, so I would be hoping that both of these teams run into a bad patch sooner or later, otherwise it's going to be the play-offs for us.
    Long way to go yet.
    South a tough league that as long as we keep getting results we are in with a chance.

So much more fun than the previous 4 seasons though.

Don't want to miss a minute

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What I find confusing is that every team we play tend to say we are bullies and of the dirtiest teams to have crossed their paths. I looked at the fairplay stats for the championship Leeds are top ( or bottom as being number 1 is negative) and we are 18th with even Wolves above us !

https://www.transfermarkt.com/champi...wettbewerb/GB2

You will need to click the points column to sort points highest to lowest

I do love beating Leeds though and a great performance yesterday made my Saturday night !

Villa had a sticky December, winning 3 points in a winless run of 5 games, this after a start to the season where they won 3 games in 9. They've won 6 on the bounce now, which always takes some doing, though wins at Boro and Sheffield Utd are perhaps not as surprising as they would have been. Their last 3 aways have finished 1-0, so Steve Bruce has got Villa grinding results away from home and has addressed their average away form. Fulham, Sheffield Wed and Wolves should put a halt on their form over the next 6 games, they also host their biggest rivals next weekend.

Derby are unbeaten in 11 and, since being thrashed at Trashton Gate, have lost twice in 23 games. They go to Sheffield Wednesday, play Leeds and Fulham in their next 4.

If we can get results against the Wurzels and Middlesbrough this month, we should still be in the hunt going into the final run in. Trips to Derby, Villa and Norwich will be interesting. Let's hope Warnock can use be his wily self!

Yes, a slice served up and eaten here, too.

Excellent read as always Bob!

2 excellent saves from Etheridge as well.

Enjoyable read as always. Sunday morning wouldn’t be the same without your blog and a bacon sandwich.

You’ve mentioned on previous reports about a fan of one of Neil Warnocks former teams commenting on many of his transfers being seemingly average or uninspiring, then proving to be successful moves. Hopefully we’ll see that continue with the January incomings.

Good read but just to add a note of caution that Leeds had a lot of their first team squad missing and lost their main defender too. However it seemed we were back on our game again from the start and hopefully this enables us to start playing again with the confidence and impact we had at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    Enjoyable read as always. Sunday morning wouldn’t be the same without your blog and a bacon sandwich.

You’ve mentioned on previous reports about a fan of one of Neil Warnocks former teams commenting on many of his transfers being seemingly average or uninspiring, then proving to be successful moves. Hopefully we’ll see that continue with the January incomings.
    Fair point, but I wonder what was the bigger factor in Saturday performance , the influence of new boys Madine and Traore or a sense of "we'll show yo" at the way manager and team were treated after the Man City match?

Fair point, but I wonder what was the bigger factor in Saturday performance , the influence of new boys Madine and Traore or a sense of "we'll show yo" at the way manager and team were treated after the Man City match?
    Without trying to over emphasise our own importance as fans I do wonder how much Warnock used the negativity regarding our transfer window from our own fan base (me included) to rally the players! I noticed Warnock was quick to big up the players who were doubted for praise after the game.

Excellent read as always.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Without trying to over emphasise our own importance as fans I do wonder how much Warnock used the negativity regarding our transfer window from our own fan base (me included) to rally the players! I noticed Warnock was quick to big up the players who were doubted for praise after the game.
    Warnock and Morrison have both commented this season how criticism of our style of play has spurred them on, so I don't doubt Warnock would have used some mind games with the players he's brought in. I must say, Madine is a better player than I thought.