+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: After the Millwall game

After the Millwall game

We will have 5 of the next 7 at home.

Get something at the Den and we will have a really good chance to make sure we are in the mix for the end of season excitement

Next 8...

Millwall, Brentford and Ipswich away

Bolton, Boro, Bristol City, Birmingham and Barnsley at home.

Re: After the Millwall game

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    We will have 5 of the next 7 at home.

Get something at the Den and we will have a really good chance to make sure we are in the mix for the end of season excitement

Next 8...

Millwall, Brentford and Ipswich away

Bolton, Boro, Bristol City, Birmingham and Barnsley at home.
    All bees, where's Eric?

Hopefully you are right. Its not beyond us. I would also like to see the teams around us drop a point or two. Some of them have to play each other during the eight games you've highlighted.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    All bees, where's Eric?
    Aah.. .. Boro is only half a bee

As we well know anything can, and usually does happen in the Championship so we cannot take this seemingly easier run for granted.
    Having said that we have a chance to reinforce our good home form. Very few teams will fancy playing us bullies at CCS, so yes, we have a great chance of reinforcing our playoff place. Auto is probably beyond us, IMO.

Millwall are a tough but to crack away from home (they played really well down here as well). But saying that I think we will beat them.
    I think we’ve got over our blip and will go on a good run now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Millwall are a tough but to crack away from home (they played really well down here as well). But saying that I think we will beat them.
    I think we’ve got over our blip and will go on a good run now.
    Millwall away is going to be a big test. They’ve taken points off every team in the top ten, apart from Fulham. A point would be a good result but three points on Friday night would make the weekend much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    All bees, where's Eric?
    Here I am, sweet cheeks!

There was a ridiculous article on Wales Online earlier in the season suggesting we had a problem playing teams wearing white. It was usual bollocks from the Wales Online stable, but in the spirit of that, here's my analysis of playing the Bs.....

We have a record of 3 wins in 6 games against teams starting with a B (discounting Middlesbrough but including Brentford, not that it makes any difference). That's an average of 1.5 points a game.

I confidently predict this run will continue identically, so over these 5 games against the Bs, we'll win 7.5 points exactly.

There is a joke about playing B sides, or something, but I forget what it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Here I am, sweet cheeks!

There was a ridiculous article on Wales Online earlier in the season suggesting we had a problem playing teams wearing white. It was usual bollocks from the Wales Online stable, but in the spirit of that, here's my analysis of playing the Bs.....

We have a record of 3 wins in 6 games against teams starting with a B (discounting Middlesbrough but including Brentford, not that it makes any difference). That's an average of 1.5 points a game.

I confidently predict this run will continue identically, so over these 5 games against the Bs, we'll win 7.5 points exactly.

There is a joke about playing B sides, or something, but I forget what it is now.
    That joke is a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    As we well know anything can, and usually does happen in the Championship so we cannot take this seemingly easier run for granted.
    Having said that we have a chance to reinforce our good home form. Very few teams will fancy playing us bullies at CCS, so yes, we have a great chance of reinforcing our playoff place. Auto is probably beyond us, IMO.
    Think your right, Xmas period buggered us .

I think Villa will grab second spot .

The play Offs will be tough though , rather play Derby or Boro in there , than the improving Villa .

Not such a good thing after recent Cottagers and Lilywhites’ debacles??

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

The play Offs will be tough though , rather play Derby or Boro in there , than the improving Villa .
    Funnily enough I think Villa are more vulnerable than Derby. I certainly wouldn't want to play Fulham in the play offs. Sessignon guaranteed at least 2 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    I don't think they are easier games.
    Also looks like OP pointed out they are home games..

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Fulham I reckon

If wolves were to have a blip I'd fancy Fulham for the title.

Imagine if Villa and Fulham had started just okay instead of badly.

I am the expert of European wasps and the sounds that they make

International

I'm sure the team know what they need to od, and the lure of Prem football will concetrate thier minds.
    But for me, we have to beat derby and Vile away and obviously smash the wursels.

All the wins won't help if we dont beat the first two mentioned.
    Beating wolves in April won't change the champions but it might keep us safe

I'm most amazed that out next 5 home games are all against 'B' teams

as long as they don`t bring their A game.

We have got to go for second place,playoffs are a lottery which we won’t win, 21 points from next 7 games will put us second!Millwall are also playing Rochdale in FACup tonight so great chance of 3 points!
    Last edited by Ianto13; 06-02-18 at 16:29. Reason: Missed comment

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Imagine if Villa and Fulham had started just okay instead of badly.
    They play one another next week so can't both keep their 100% records. Villa have the small matter of a Bluenose derby first though!