+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Manchester City win the League with Russell Slade as manager?

Would Manchester City win the League with Russell Slade as manager?

Watching Man City against us last week, they reminded me of a junior team who have most of the best players in their league and win every game without being coached. So could our Russ as manager win them the Premier League title?

Re: Would Manchester City win the League with Russel Slade as manager?

No, they would have Alex Revell up front and would have to rename themselves Man City Nil

Re: Would Manchester City win the League with Russel Slade as manager?

Congratulations on the dumbest post of the year! Haven't been coached

Re: Would Manchester City win the League with Russell Slade as manager?

Not a chance

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    Watching Man City against us last week, they reminded me of a junior team who have most of the best players in their league and win every game without being coached. So could our Russ as manager win them the Premier League title?
    Barcelona play 442, so why not.. perhaps his tactics are more suited towards a team with a better ethos

I think a better question would be could Pepe coach a winning team on Slades budgets of that level.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I think a better question would be could Pepe coach a winning team on Slades budgets of that level.

Exactly, that's the point of the thread. Has he ever coached a side without top class players?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    No.

Flip the question around - if Guardiola and Mourinho swapped jobs, do you think Man City would be way out in front at the top of the league? I don't.

Maybe people should look up pep's time at Barcelona b

Are we ever going to stop going on about Russell Slade on here???

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Are we ever going to stop going on about Russell Slade on here???
    You just did

I can't ever get my head around people being so dismissive of Pep's acheivements.
    The English media have wanted him to fail saying you can't play that way and win the premier league since the moment he came here.
    Add to that, the fact that he he wouldn't say that the premier league is the best league in the world and his first year was all about proving him wrong in his first year.

Would he win the champions league with Notts County, no but I 100% believe he'd make them over acheive.

I have said on countless occasions that Barcelona weren't in a good place when he took over, the club was in severe danger of crumbling and the senior players were running the changing room.

Of course he inherited a top team at Bayern but he still went in and implemented massive changes to their style of play and won the league every year after they won the treble.

They were undone by Messi in the champions league semi final in his first year, they were well beaten t be fair by Real Madrid the year after and how they didn't beat Athletico in his final season in the semi final is a mystery to me. It was smash and grab at its finest!

If you can't appreciate what he's done in England this season then I can't help you but in my opinion the guy is more than just a top manager, he's one of football history's few revolutionary's.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I can't ever get my head around people being so dismissive of Pep's acheivements.
    The English media have wanted him to fail saying you can't play that way and win the premier league since the moment he came here.
    Add to that, the fact that he he wouldn't say that the premier league is the best league in the world and his first year was all about proving him wrong in his first year.

Would he win the champions league with Notts County, no but I 100% believe he'd make them over acheive.

I have said on countless occasions that Barcelona weren't in a good place when he took over, the club was in severe danger of crumbling and the senior players were running the changing room.

Of course he inherited a top team at Bayern but he still went in and implemented massive changes to their style of play and won the league every year after they won the treble.

They were undone by Messi in the champions league semi final in his first year, they were well beaten t be fair by Real Madrid the year after and how they didn't beat Athletico in his final season in the semi final is a mystery to me. It was smash and grab at its finest!

If you can't appreciate what he's done in England this season then I can't help you but in my opinion the guy is more than just a top manager, he's one of football history's few revolutionary's.
    I don't get it either, he assembled the greatest side I've ever seen play football granted I'm to young to have seen 1970 Brazil and 74's Holland. But if people took the time to read about him his attention to detail and his obsession for perfection is incredible the structural changes he makes off the field that no one mentions is brilliant he doesn't just sit back as if he's playing football manager ffs

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Be6e View Post
    You just did
    Just did what????

No.

Look at the difference of them in 2 years.

They ARE coached.

N9 team at that level would have a tiny budget would they

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Transfer 'Pep' to Grimsby and move 'Russ' to Man City and see what happens - they would be playing each other within 2 seasons, and the Grimsby v Man City game - would be a must win game for citeh.....

I liked Slade as a person, just didnt want him as a manager of us.
    It appears that no fans want him as their manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Transfer 'Pep' to Grimsby and move 'Russ' to Man City and see what happens - they would be playing each other within 2 seasons, and the Grimsby v Man City game - would be a must win game for citeh.....

I liked Slade as a person, just didnt want him as a manager of us.
    Id wager evwrything i own on pep making a success of Grimsby.

Russell Slade couldn’t win a raffle even if he was the only person who bought a ticket

Russell Slade was brought in to do a job for us, namely cut wages and stabilize our position in the championship. He did do that well - you cannot argue otherwise..

If you hired a plumber to fix your toilet, it would be somewhat harsh to blame the guy when your internet connection goes down, right? (but then again half of you are so dull I bet you'd be on the plumbers case the very next morning )

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    Russell Slade was brought in to do a job for us, namely cut wages and stabilize our position in the championship. He did do that well - you cannot argue otherwise..

If you hired a plumber to fix your toilet, it would be somewhat harsh to blame the guy when your internet connection goes down, right? (but then again half of you are so dull I bet you'd be on the plumbers case the very next morning )
    #IAmVerySmart

I don't think mourinho would have that team playing this well. Pep is widely accepted as the best coach in the world, what a stupid post,

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    #IAmVerySmart
    hey you stole my hashtag. #BetterBlameRussellSlade