+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would Manchester City win the League with Russell Slade as manager?

Re: Would Manchester City win the League with Russell Slade as manager?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don't get it either, he assembled the greatest side I've ever seen play football granted I'm to young to have seen 1970 Brazil and 74's Holland. But if people took the time to read about him his attention to detail and his obsession for perfection is incredible the structural changes he makes off the field that no one mentions is brilliant he doesn't just sit back as if he's playing football manager ffs

Have you read the book Pep Confidential and Pep Evolution mate? Unbelievable access behind the scenes and into the thinking behind Pep's philosophy.

Not a chance, although they would probably still be in the running for a European spot

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    Watching Man City against us last week, they reminded me of a junior team who have most of the best players in their league and win every game without being coached. So could our Russ as manager win them the Premier League title?
    Only if Trollope was his right hand man.

Otherwise, no....

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No.

Look at the difference of them in 2 years.

They ARE coached.
    This, entirely.

Man City have been the big spenders of the Premier League yet have arguably not achieved what they maybe should. Better managers than Slade have failed there. Arguably, their spending causes its own problems and pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    No.

Look at the difference of them in 2 years.

They ARE coached.
    Absolutely, look at players like stirling.
    The change in his game is dramatic - not so much the goal scoring, more the general decision making and game management you see from him these days

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Absolutely, look at players like stirling.
    The change in his game is dramatic - not so much the goal scoring, more the general decision making and game management you see from him these days
    Scoring could be a purple patch. He does get loads of chances.

There was a piece on the bbc about Stirling..how his game has changed etc. He is benefiting from listening to Pep.

Anyone who thinks pep is just a cheque book is an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Have you read the book Pep Confidential and Pep Evolution mate? Unbelievable access behind the scenes and into the thinking behind Pep's philosophy.
    I haven't read it but will keep an eye out for it. I've watched and read a load of stuff online and the guy is incredible if you watch him on the side line he's constantly instructing his players what to do if it's not going right, he can come across as arrogant sometimes but I think most of the greats got that bit of arragonce about them I did read somewhere maybe when he was at brescia that he refused to pass to a player because he thought he was shit and waste the possession he would give him

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I haven't read it but will keep an eye out for it. I've watched and read a load of stuff online and the guy is incredible if you watch him on the side line he's constantly instructing his players what to do if it's not going right, he can come across as arrogant sometimes but I think most of the greats got that bit of arragonce about them I did read somewhere maybe when he was at brescia that he refused to pass to a player because he thought he was shit and waste the possession he would give him
    😂😂😂