+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Hoilett

Hoilett

Patterson played well yesterday but Hoilett was my motm he makes everything happen for us and God forbid if he got injured

Re: Hoilett

Player of the season

Was he free too? How old is he? Good signing

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Was he free too? How old is he? Good signing
    He’s only 27 and yes he was a free agent.

I think his contract runs out at end of season as well. No idea now why a prem club didn't try for him in January. In fact in the close season just past.

I thought he was our best player yesterday as well

Morrison has been our player of the season so far

We can just about cope without Hoilett - we fall to pieces without Morrison

Bamba and Hoilett were Warnock's first two signing and, in my opinion, his best. Too be honest, his free signings have been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    Bamba and Hoilett were Warnock's first two signing and, in my opinion, his best. Too be honest, his free signings have been amazing.
    Agree. I doubt either would have signed without Warnock given the mess we were in.

He's 27???? I thought he was early 30's! Christ, he'll be gone if we don't go up. Our most consistent player NQAT

Hoilett is my favourite winger since Dave Bennett

hated seeing hoilett on the teamsheet last season - I just couldn't possibly see a way for him to get back into my good books..yet here I am saying this guy is easily our player of the season. Consistently great.

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    hated seeing hoilett on the teamsheet last season - I just couldn't possibly see a way for him to get back into my good books..yet here I am saying this guy is easily our player of the season. Consistently great.
    Well said. Hopefully others will take notice before labelling players as rubbish or useless. Players form fluctuates and depending on various things.

Hopefully we can tie him down to a new deal, but I won't hold my breath

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    I thought he was our best player yesterday as well

Morrison has been our player of the season so far

We can just about cope without Hoilett - we fall to pieces without Morrison
    Yes that's been proven as well .

The central spine of a side is critical , from keeper through to central midfield and center forward , a consistant selection of that quartet is essential , you can cope either side with variations in my view .

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Hopefully we can tie him down to a new deal, but I won't hold my breath
    Only way we'll keep him is if we go up. He'll be playing premiership football next year one way or another

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Only way we'll keep him is if we go up. He'll be playing premiership football next year one way or another
    He's shown promise before. Let's not forget he was a free agent after he couldn't agree a new contract at QPR. He's been great for us, absolutely, but I don't quite buy into the idea that there'll be Premier League clubs queuing to get him. I think he'll sign a new contract for us, he's probably showing the form of his career since pairing up with Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    He's shown promise before. Let's not forget he was a free agent after he couldn't agree a new contract at QPR. He's been great for us, absolutely, but I don't quite buy into the idea that there'll be Premier League clubs queuing to get him. I think he'll sign a new contract for us, he's probably showing the form of his career since pairing up with Warnock.
    Didn't see him play for Blackburn then?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Didn't see him play for Blackburn then?
    Yes, fair cop. But there must have been a reason for him to have been without a club when we were able to sign him.

Yes, fair cop. But there must have been a reason for him to have been without a club when we were able to sign him.
    He was poor for QPR. If he keeps playing this well though, there's no chance he'll be here next season unless we go up. Someone will take a gamble on him for free. He's playing far too well. He's been brilliant this season.

Can't believe he's only 27! before reading this thread I thought he was early 30's, I guess becuase he seems to have been around so long and also the fact no-one has come in for him. Club have to tie him up if his contract is up end of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Can't believe he's only 27! before reading this thread I thought he was early 30's, I guess becuase he seems to have been around so long and also the fact no-one has come in for him. Club have to tie him up if his contract is up end of the season!
    It's his choice, he believes he's good enough to play in the Prem (which is probably why he's playing as well as he is!).

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    It's his choice, he believes he's good enough to play in the Prem (which is probably why he's playing as well as he is!).
    Hopefully it will be with us!

He'd walk into the squads of any except the top 6-8 sides.

He was without a club when we got him as no one wanted to pay him £50k per week and he lost the game of poker he was playing as once it had gone on for a few months he was no longer fit. Hence his decent but not combing spells for us last season.

Now fully fit he's showing what he can do.

I just hope that Warnock can talk him into staying. Can't see it if we don't go up

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    I was thinking the same last season and my fellow ST holders heard my open views - I totally got WARNOCKED