+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Iniesta

Iniesta

Watching the Barcelona game and the pitch is like a swimming pool yet he hasn't given the ball away once. He is an unbelievable footballer

Re: Iniesta

1-0 down. Doing my bet!

Can't see them coming back on this pitch. It was always gonna be one goal either way!

Good result in the end can't understand how the game went ahead pitch was terrible

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Good result in the end can't understand how the game went ahead pitch was terrible
    Maybe something up with the drainage, its been raining but hardly biblical

Had messi on the bench too.

Not sure If they'll manage to replace iniesta when he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Had messi on the bench too.

Not sure If they'll manage to replace iniesta when he retires.
    Impossible

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Impossible
    My thoughts as well.

Midfielders these days seem more box to box and all round. Will never see another Iniesta.

Iniesta is good at football.

Other posts in this series include

"Ice, it's cold isn't it"

and

"Lingerie models are easy on the eye"

^^

Is he the most unlucky player not to have won the ballon d'or? You can't have put him above ronaldo or Messi, but in any other era?

Best midfielder since Zidane.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    ^^

Is he the most unlucky player not to have won the ballon d'or? You can't have put him above ronaldo or Messi, but in any other era?

Best midfielder since Zidane.
    He's won every trophy possible certainly deserved to win it at least once. Xavi and iniesta in the same midfield was just not fair

Poor mans Pau Scholes

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    He's won every trophy possible certainly deserved to win it at least once. Xavi and iniesta in the same midfield was just not fair

I've gotta be honest I don't think Iniesta would give a monkeys **** if he won the Ballon D'or or not.
    Won everything there is to be won and scored the winner in the world cup final, who gives a toss what a few French journalists say!

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Poor mans Pau Scholes
    I loved watching Scholes he was a pleasure to watch. He's no iniesta mind.

I reckon you know that mind

My heart leapt, seeing the this posts title , thought it was another out of contract signing by the mighty Neil , as the lad is a big fan of the Warnock way

I've gotta be honest I don't think Iniesta would give a monkeys **** if he won the Ballon D'or or not.
    Won everything there is to be won and scored the winner in the world cup final, who gives a toss what a few French journalists say!
    Winning the world cup is the ultimate dream and like you said he was the one who put the ball in the net, he's been a magnificent player and will go down as one of the best ever

Poor mans Pau Scholes
    Absolutely ask the legends of the game like Pele and Zidane

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    My heart leapt, seeing the this posts title , thought it was another out of contract signing by the mighty Neil , as the lad is a big fan of the Warnock way
    Yep, you can never have too many "bread and butter" central midfielders.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Absolutely ask the legends of the game like Pele and Zidane
    I don't believe Polo believes that for a moment. He's just afraid to say anything positive about Barcelona in fear Adam Brown will give him a clip!

I don't believe Polo believes that for a moment. He's just afraid to say anything positive about Barcelona in fear Adam Brown will give him a clip!
    Hes a self confessed hooligan mate, he got the banning order to prove it. Cant mess about with people like that.

The truth is Gringo in my dark gambling days Iniesta, Xavi and Co cost me a lot of money. The number of times I bet them to score 4 or more and they only scored 3 and then proceeeded to just play keep ball rather than try and score a 4th, was nobodys business!!!!

F*ck Pep and tika-taka!!!

Hes a self confessed hooligan mate, he got the banning order to prove it. Cant mess about with people like that.

The truth is Gringo in my dark gambling days Iniesta, Xavi and Co cost me a lot of money. The number of times I bet them to score 4 or more and they only scored 3 and then proceeeded to just play keep ball rather than try and score a 4th, was nobodys business!!!!

F*ck Pep and tika-taka!!!

Well I'm glad I was able to help you to recuperate £10 of that money with Betis - both teams to score last week!

He's no Callum Patterson

Remember a few of my mates disagreeing with me how good he was as all he does is pass the ball.

That Barca team under pep with xavi, iniesta and Messi in were ridiculous, would pass man City to death no doubt about it.

Remember them drawing at the Emirates somehow. First half was a footballing lesson to arsenal who barely touched the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Remember a few of my mates disagreeing with me how good he was as all he does is pass the ball.

That Barca team under pep with xavi, iniesta and Messi in were ridiculous, would pass man City to death no doubt about it.

Remember them drawing at the Emirates somehow. First half was a footballing lesson to arsenal who barely touched the ball.
    Best club side I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Best club side I've ever seen.
    I remember them completely taking apart man utd in the 2009 champions league final too.

I think, though, at the time due to the way the league revenues and other income is/was split in the Spanish league, real Madrid and Barcelona had a massive financial advantage over other clubs, which has since reduced