+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tomlin Watch

Tomlin Watch

Started on the bench and came on after 70 minutes, as Forest lost 2-0 at Fulham. Not much of a scouting report admittedly, but I only saw him once during the highlights clip on Channel 5. Be interesting to see how he goes under Karanka, who got a tune out of him when he had him at Boro.

Re: Tomlin Watch

If he loses 2 stone, they'll have a player. I hope he does well, and we can sell him to them in the summer. He still lives in Leicester and it's pointless him being here as he won't be able to get fit driving 6 hour round trip every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    If he loses 2 stone, they'll have a player. I hope he does well, and we can sell him to them in the summer. He still lives in Leicester and it's pointless him being here as he won't be able to get fit driving 6 hour round trip every day.
    Maybe this thread should be called Tomlin Weight Watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueWales View Post
    Maybe this thread should be called Tomlin Weight Watch.
    lol

He seemed to have slimmed down a bit from the summer. Maybe his attitude is more of a problem than his waistline. Either way, I'm still gutted he's gone. All fans want to see their team win - and I'm no different - but I also like to be entertained. He has the ability to take your breath away, demonstrated perfectly by that piece of skill against Norwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    He seemed to have slimmed down a bit from the summer. Maybe his attitude is more of a problem than his waistline. Either way, I'm still gutted he's gone. All fans want to see their team win - and I'm no different - but I also like to be entertained. He has the ability to take your breath away, demonstrated perfectly by that piece of skill against Norwich.
    When you can name the bits of play he's done well, he's not done it enough. I think commuting from Leicester, his conviction and subsequent community service work, plus the fact he's not been a regular have all been a perfect storm in him gaining weight. He looked trim when he first signed, he's not now. We're not alone though, pretty much every club has a similar story with him, he presumably puts weight on very quickly and he has trouble shifting it.

Can anyone with access to ifollow Cardiff city get on the forest one? They have full highlights..could just watch the last 20 mins.

Might be an idea also to read their forum for opinions. They might have a job Wilson or humblegringo on there..we can get a decent scope of his performances then.

I used that as an example. Very few players can do stuff like that. Yes there are negatives, but he can do things most players in our league can't do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I used that as an example. Very few players can do stuff like that. Yes there are negatives, but he can do things most players in our league can't do.
    He can't also do a thing which most players can, run. We all wanted him to work but the bloke can't move after 5 minutes. Although, if he could, there's no chance he'd be playing for us.

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Can anyone with access to ifollow Cardiff city get on the forest one? They have full highlights..could just watch the last 20 mins.

Might be an idea also to read their forum for opinions. They might have a job Wilson or humblegringo on there..we can get a decent scope of his performances then.
    Rather watch Hollyoakes

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Rather watch Hollyoakes
    Not too bad on a Sunday a few years ago. Some decent sorts in there.

I don't think you can. With the old iPlayer subscription you had access to every club using the platform (about 90% of the 92 league clubs) but with iFollow the subscription is club specific. A major backwards step. It was always interesting to watch pre match interviews at the clubs we were coming up against, and different highlight packages. All that has gone since the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think you can. With the old iPlayer subscription you had access to every club using the platform (about 90% of the 92 league clubs) but with iFollow the subscription is club specific. A major backwards step. It was always interesting to watch pre match interviews at the clubs we were coming up against, and different highlight packages. All that has gone since the summer.
    Thanks I wasn't sure as I've not really had a good look at it this year.

When you can name the bits of play he's done well, he's not done it enough. I think commuting from Leicester, his conviction and subsequent community service work, plus the fact he's not been a regular have all been a perfect storm in him gaining weight. He looked trim when he first signed, he's not now. We're not alone though, pretty much every club has a similar story with him, he presumably puts weight on very quickly and he has trouble shifting it.
    You can’t criticise him for not wanting to move his family to Gurnos or Penryhs. Be fair.

Although, if he could, there's no chance he'd be playing for us.
    And that sums it up something some of our fans can't grasp

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    And that sums it up something some of our fans can't grasp
    So all of our players get winded after five minutes then?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    So all of our players get winded after five minutes then?
    Eh? Who said that? If tomlin was 100% fit he would be playing in the premiership

Eh? Who said that? If tomlin was 100% fit he would be playing in the premiership
    Agreed

If his head was sorted too, I'd agree.

Quick sprint - knackered for rest of game. His cardio is his problem.

He's had numerous clubs the last few years, getting nice signing on fees at each. Hardly the sharpest tool in the box - see the way he left Bournemouth.

Right now, if Forest take him off our hands permanently, that'll be the best result for both - just not for Forest.

If his head was sorted too, I'd agree.

Quick sprint - knackered for rest of game. His cardio is his problem.

He's had numerous clubs the last few years, getting nice signing on fees at each. Hardly the sharpest tool in the box - see the way he left Bournemouth.

Right now, if Forest take him off our hands permanently, that'll be the best result for both - just not for Forest.
    Yes there's obviously a problem but what I'm saying is if he had everything the fans expect him to have he doesn't play for Cardiff city

Yes there's obviously a problem but what I'm saying is if he had everything the fans expect him to have he doesn't play for Cardiff city
    I don't think it's an unreal or unfair expectation to have that he keeps himself fit? He's had enough clubs to know what a professional sportsman should do to maintain their body.

I don't think it's an unreal or unfair expectation to have that he keeps himself fit? He's had enough clubs to know what a professional sportsman should do to maintain their body.
    I get what you're saying and it is disappointing that he can't seem to get fully fit but if he did he wouldn't be playing for us

I get what you're saying and it is disappointing that he can't seem to get fully fit but if he did he wouldn't be playing for us
    I'd save your time and sanity this one keeps on till he beats you.

I'd save your time and sanity this one keeps on till he beats you.
    He did beat me in the ash williams Fred I couldnt be arsed to respond to him anymore

He did beat me in the ash williams Fred I couldnt be arsed to respond to him anymore
    Some crazy posters on here ain't there