Quote Originally Posted by dave1927 View Post
I wouldn't suggest that Tomlin isn't a fit footballer. However, there are levels, and i don't think Warnock trusts his fitness or his attitude enough to put in a full shift as he does others. Things are obviously different with Katanka and Forrest. Good luck to the guy, he is a talent, just not a talent our club and management are willing to indulge in. Shame in some ways but i wouldn't swap what we have and where we are with our team or league position to see a trick in and out when the player fancies it.
There is also the possibility that he is putting in the work in training at Forest that he may not have been putting in here - I think most players would probably be prepared to do that bit more if they are playing for someone who they feel appreciates them more than some other managers do.

For me, Tomlin definitely looked off the pace when he played during the first three months or so of the season (possibly because of his impending court case?), but it was not so apparent in the games he played for us after that.