+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: SPURS training session on a Friday. They:------

SPURS training session on a Friday. They:------

Sit and learn from this:---

Re: SPURS training session on a Friday. They:------

Diving / cheating happens every week. The analysts ignore it mostly. Its a total joke.

Funny how neither penalties were dives last night though and the refs got it spot on both times. Yes they might have both made the most of it but how many times have we seen players clipped in the box, stayed on their feet and the pen not been given? When the ref (especially the linesman's balls to overule for the 2nd pen) get very difficult decisions spot on like they did, they really should get more credit. Just as much as Klopp should be fined for his out of order comments about the refs after the game having not seen or just misjudged the calls himself.

Quote Originally Posted by jnc90 View Post
    Funny how neither penalties were dives last night though and the refs got it spot on both times. Yes they might have both made the most of it but how many times have we seen players clipped in the box, stayed on their feet and the pen not been given? When the ref (especially the linesman's balls to overule for the 2nd pen) get very difficult decisions spot on like they did, they really should get more credit. Just as much as Klopp should be fined for his out of order comments about the refs after the game having not seen or just misjudged the calls himself.
    just looked on the bbc website, he felt contact and went down, so now if someone touches you , you go down. (might have a word with the wife - I digress) I suppose alli felt contact as well. Typical premier league shite that filters down all divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    just looked on the bbc website, he felt contact and went down, so now if someone touches you , you go down. (might have a word with the wife - I digress) I suppose alli felt contact as well. Typical premier league shite that filters down all divisions.
    Which one are you referring to? With Kane, he was ankle tapped running at full sprint, I defy you to stay on your feet when your ankle has been clipped, even the most honest and toughest of rugby players are felled by ankle tapping. My point was he did make the fall look a little exaggerated but sometimes you seemingly need to do that these days due to inconsistent refereeing.

As for Lamela, he did go down maybe when he could have stayed up but Van Dijk clouted him pretty forcefully with his knee. Totally Van Dijk's fault for giving the ref a decision to make and by the letter of the law, a rock solid penalty.

It does make me laugh that every pundit and commentator last night agreed both were fair penalties and certainly not dives, yet people on social media and forums are adamant they know better

not every pundit - joey Barton called them wrong, an Evertonian lol

Quote Originally Posted by Philbccfc View Post
    not every pundit - joey Barton called them wrong, an Evertonian lol
    Joey Barton just likes to be controversial and different to every one else though to make a name for himself, never seen the man agree with anyone else when he's on TV

ALI got booked again yesterday for DIVING

Which one are you referring to? With Kane, he was ankle tapped running at full sprint, I defy you to stay on your feet when your ankle has been clipped, even the most honest and toughest of rugby players are felled by ankle tapping. My point was he did make the fall look a little exaggerated but sometimes you seemingly need to do that these days due to inconsistent refereeing.

As for Lamela, he did go down maybe when he could have stayed up but Van Dijk clouted him pretty forcefully with his knee. Totally Van Dijk's fault for giving the ref a decision to make and by the letter of the law, a rock solid penalty.

It does make me laugh that every pundit and commentator last night agreed both were fair penalties and certainly not dives, yet people on social media and forums are adamant they know better
    People on forums and social media are entitled to opinions too mind..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    People on forums and social media are entitled to opinions too mind..
    True, but when a group of professionals, ex refs and ex players are pretty much unanimous in they're opinons, the opinions of those who disagree from their armchairs are pretty worthless.

True, but when a group of professionals, ex refs and ex players are pretty much unanimous in they're opinons, the opinions of those who disagree from their armchairs are pretty worthless.
    It's keeps places like this alive mate

I didn't see anyone moaning about the tackle on madine to get that leeds player sent off

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

You really must appreciate that everything is simply not black & white.

Why did the FA come out with a statement backing the decisions of the officials?

Probably because one of their laws had been questioned by many who do have a credible opinion.

However your judgement of the opinions of others is rather blinkered in the context of the 1st penalty yesterday.

Had the referee not given the penalty, you can be sure that the FA would have backed him.

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    Really?
    Yes, really. Kane was ankle tapped and the keeper got nowhere near the ball. Lamela took a whack to the back of his legs, again Van Dijk nowhere near the ball. 2 rock soild penalties. If they were given anywhere else on the pitch no-one would question them.

[QUOTE=Forest Green Bluebird;4839818]You really must appreciate that everything is simply not black & white.

I think they were both penalties and the ref was right

Mainly because I effin hate Liverpool and love to see them not win

[QUOTE=binman;4839947]
    Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post
    You really must appreciate that everything is simply not black & white.

I think they were both penalties and the ref was right

Mainly because I effin hate Liverpool and love to see them not win

And lovren made a complete twat of himself