+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bolton with and without Gary Madine last season.

Bolton with and without Gary Madine last season.

Were Bolton the biggest one man team in the Football League last season?

With Madine;-

P 36 W 25 D 6 L 5 f 67 a 28 Pts 81

Without Madine;-

P 10 W 0 D 5 L 5 f 2 a 9 Pts 5

I think they are incredible figures with, perhaps, the contrast between an average of near two goals a game scored when he was playing and a goal every five matches when he wasn't being the most striking. Those stats when he wasn't playing are appalling for a side that finished runners up in their division - yes, I know it's only League One, but I look at those stats and think he has to have been the most influential player in that league last season.

Re: Bolton with and without Gary Madine last season.

Interesting stats, funny they won their first game following his departure this season.

Agreed for a promoted side it looks like they were dependant on him far more than I would have imagined. Perhaps not directly with goals but his ability to bring others into play.

Also sounds as though their system was set up for him to be the focal point.

Thought he had a decent debut from the bits of the match I saw, at one point getting control of the ball that was fired in his direction that none of our other forwards would have. Despite similar builds him and zohore are very different players and I think his addition to the squad will be a good one.

Re: Bolton with and without Gary Madine last season.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Were Bolton the biggest one man team in the Football League last season?

With Madine;-

P 36 W 25 D 6 L 5 f 67 a 28 Pts 81

Without Madine;-

P 10 W 0 D 5 L 5 f 2 a 9 Pts 5

I think they are incredible figures with, perhaps, the contrast between an average of near two goals a game scored when he was playing and a goal every five matches when he wasn't being the most striking. Those stats when he wasn't playing are appalling for a side that finished runners up in their division - yes, I know it's only League One, but I look at those stats and think he has to have been the most influential player in that league last season.
    With 4 in the 'For' column last night as well then let's hope he brings the goals with him too - though not the inability to score without him...