+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could Cardiff Blues be heading back to The Cardiff City Stadium

Could Cardiff Blues be heading back to The Cardiff City Stadium

Re: Could Cardiff Blues be heading back to The Cardiff City Stadium

The blues gain nothing playing at CCS most people wouldn't go because of the location of the arms park is perfect

After they reneged on the contract they'd signed? Fuk 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    Bugger! That will almost certainly mean we will have to resort to the long ball game

Don't want em back, dont see any benefit for us. The did nothing but moan and help ruin the playing surface.

The ground is too big for us 99% of the time, it must be 3 to 4 times too big for their needs surely. The biggest mistake WRU made was taking the valley franchise away though the core support for teams like Ponty, Bridgend and Ebbw Vale remain. What crowds do the Blues get these days?

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Don't want em back, dont see any benefit for us. The did nothing but moan and help ruin the playing surface.

The ground is too big for us 99% of the time, it must be 3 to 4 times too big for their needs surely. The biggest mistake WRU made was taking the valley franchise away though the core support for teams like Ponty, Bridgend and Ebbw Vale remain. What crowds do the Blues get these days?
    Huge mistake taking that Regional team away.

Let 'um clear the dogshit off Tremorfa Park, that'll be big enough for 'um.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post

I would be surprised if they average anything over 8k

I flipping hope not

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    Huge mistake taking that Regional team away.
    Yes huge mistake and there are a few other teams that suffered due to the blues. If they are truly a regional team then take the side out of the city.I am sure there are plenty of Premier League sides who would love to have them but please keep them away from our ground. We do not need them and do not want them.
    If they do have to stay in Cardiff let them get over to the athletics stadium. Thats big enough for them.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    Yes huge mistake and there are a few other teams that suffered due to the blues. If they are truly a regional team then take the side out of the city.I am sure there are plenty of Premier League sides who would love to have them but please keep them away from our ground. We do not need them and do not want them.
    If they do have to stay in Cardiff let them get over to the athletics stadium. Thats big enough for them.
    I'm from ponty myself. Pissed a lot of people off.

Blues can play down a Sunday league pitch..

I was gutted at the time I'm sure Cardiff were bottom of the league at the time

Why would you being from Ponty have pissed a lot of people off?

No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Bugger! That will almost certainly mean we will have to resort to the long ball game
    they watched warnock's recent tactics and liked what they saw

They can Feck right off

I certainly agree that it was wrong to get rid of the Celtic Warriors who were at the time looking like a good side. It totally deprived the South Wales valley hotbed of rugby any kind of representation. It would have been better to dispose of Newport Gwent Dragons.

First Team

Not a chance in hell that they are moving.
    It's purely a negotiation ploy.
    The Athletic club cannot afford to lose their anchor tenants especially as they are restricted by covenant on what they can do with the land.
    The Blues will not want to move away from their home in the city centre especially after the fiasco of the ground share at the CCS and all that outlay on the 4g pitch.
    Expect further squabbling before the WRU step in and give some friendly advice to both parties.

A deal will be done whereby the W. R. U. Will redevelop that end of the principality stadium in to a true bowl. And giving Cardiff the right to remain there indefinitely.
    Everyones happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Why would you being from Ponty have pissed a lot of people off?

I happen to have a knack for that

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    Ponty people wont go and watch Cardiff blues play in Cardiff Arms park.
    Cardiff Blues / RFC supporters wont go and support the blues play anywhere else other than Cardiff Arms Park
    Cardiff Athletics / Bowls club are just a bunch of free masons that wont shift or move with the times.
    The Pie man is fed up of all of the above.

Non story - other than a PR exercise

ps - MajorBlue - who owns the covenant on the Land ? - it is only the covenant holder that can object to a breach of covenant. Cardiff council proved that with the cricket stadium and puting the bus / car park at sophia gardens. The Marquess of Bute owns the covenant - and the bute estate wont object.
    Is there nothing you don’t know

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I certainly agree that it was wrong to get rid of the Celtic Warriors who were at the time looking like a good side. It totally deprived the South Wales valley hotbed of rugby any kind of representation. It would have been better to dispose of Newport Gwent Dragons.
    Spot on. All four regions playing south of the M4. The WRU took the valleys for granted. Had Moffett done his homework he'd have quickly realised that Ebbw fans don't like Newport, Ponty fans don't like Cardiff etc (and vice-versa). Those parochial rivalries were the lifeblood of the game. The only region that seems to have worked is the Ospreys, the other three are basically Llanelli, Cardiff and Newport.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Majorblue View Post
    Not a chance in hell that they are moving.
    It's purely a negotiation ploy.
    The Athletic club cannot afford to lose their anchor tenants especially as they are restricted by covenant on what they can do with the land.
    The Blues will not want to move away from their home in the city centre especially after the fiasco of the ground share at the CCS and all that outlay on the 4g pitch.
    Expect further squabbling before the WRU step in and give some friendly advice to both parties.

It’s a positioning play

Peter Thomas is owed too much money
    And he will not give up the opportunity the make a packet on the redevelopment of the land on which the Arms Park and hotel now stand

They can get ****ed. They had far too much say in the size of the original ground and branding for a tenant.

Cardiff City would get rent from the Blues, It works down West with the Ospreys and Jacks?