+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you take now being 3 points being second placed Derby with a game in hand .....

Would you take now being 3 points being second placed Derby with a game in hand .....

at the end of season with one game left for the rest of the top 6:

Capture.JPG

Re: Would you take now being 3 points being second placed Derby with a game in hand .....

Yes. 👍

Re: Would you take now being 3 points being second placed Derby with a game in hand .....

Absolutely

Yes but what's the GD?

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Yes but what's the GD?
    Ah yeah good point... and how many points villa on?

Shit just realised we probz got villa last game!

Edit: no we haven't so still valid
    Last edited by MacAdder; 05-02-18 at 20:29. Reason: checked facts!

Well the game in hand is home to Bolton so in theory yes but Derby’s goal difference is currently much better than ours so in this scenario, even if we won our game in hand, then it wouldn’t be in our hands so to speak going into the last game so no rather be ahead of Derby thanks ( I think Derby will finish 2nd, they look strong and organised)

Quote Originally Posted by Don Corleone View Post
    Well the game in hand is home to Bolton so in theory yes but Derby’s goal difference is currently much better than ours so in this scenario, even if we won our game in hand, then it wouldn’t be in our hands so to speak going into the last game so no rather be ahead of Derby thanks ( I think Derby will finish 2nd, they look strong and organised)
    Derby haven’t had a dodgy patch yet, most teams do so it’s their turn

International

There are some big games for villa, derby and Woleserona in April the results of which could help us greatly.

But first we have to beat derby on st Patrick's day!!!!!

I'm gaining the opinion that the best thing for us is if wolves win all their games!!

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Derby haven’t had a dodgy patch yet, most teams do so it’s their turn
    Yes, each team in the championship does seem to have a dodgy patch but Villa Derby and Fulham all started very slowly so if you’re being a pessimist you could say they’ve all had their bad patches at the start of the season!

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    There are some big games for villa, derby and Woleserona in April the results of which could help us greatly.

I'm gaining the opinion that the best thing for us is if wolves win all their games!!
    Paddy's day is sorted. 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Louth will be sending us some of the famous luck

Gutted I can't make that game. Uni open day instead

St Paddy's is on a Saturday? That's just upped the mayhem over here by about 500%.

In the mortal words od Churchill the dog "Oh yes ".

Have a gander at Fulhams fixtures,they play everyone around us .

I agree with Xsnaggle let's cheer Wolves on , and hope they end up in court with an enquiry on insider dealing ,how they can can use the word "" fair"" in the title of FFP is beyond me , surely the F should be replaced with S .R.
    ( some rich )

I would bite your hand off.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Better be, it's my birthday

Yes it would mean certain play offs. Id take play offs.

Derby home to Barnsley on final day so I'd expect them to win that. As already stated that would secure playoffs so yes

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post

April 2 Sheffield United A
    April 7 Wolves H
    April 10 Villa A

Think the same applies to us!

City have their winnable games coming up [on paper at least] against all the B's. Need to be within spitting distance of the top 2 come early April when City have both Villa & Wolves in 4 days.

Of some concern is the ability of Fulham & Villa to just keep on winning. Mind you some of Fulham's wins have been very late and at Boro courtesy of a blatant cheating dive but they are both just getting stronger and stronger.

City cannot afford to slip up as I cannot see Villa & Fulham doing so. Not sure about Derby TBH.

I don't really understand this idea of winnable or easy games in this league - apart from Leeds of course.

Haven't we done better against the higher ranked/placed teams and struggled against some of the 'easy touches'?

You can crunch these numbers anyway you want but the points requirement for automatic & playoffs these season calculates as higher than most seasons, primarily due to the eveness of the teams between 7th & 13th.

88 pts minimum is a reasonable projection to get into the top 2 (above 86 is the norm) and 78 points to get into the playoffs (74 normally squeeks it).

Still some work to do then! 2 points per game for 2nd, 1.5 pts / game for the playoffs.