+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More Rugby High Jinks

More Rugby High Jinks

Re: More Rugby High Jinks

C'mon now at least it's was rugger chaps , and not one of these footy hoodlums, poo moments ,it was proper mens pooing.

If it was the blokes initiation ceremony at his new rugby club then he may have had to eat it aswell.

What a shit story ,there could be a feminist backlash to this ,where's the lady pooing story and headline ,equality be buggered

Classy article too.
    Has the reporter ever heard of the word defecate?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Classy article too.
    Has the reporter ever heard of the word defecate?
    He only used pooed cause he couldn’t spell pwp Infact how do you spell it?

Surprised, been there a few times , a pile of shit on the table would have matched the pile of shit locals

Does this kind of thing need to be reported? Is it news?

First Team Forest Green Bluebird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Does this kind of thing need to be reported? Is it news?
    I went to see the All Blacks v Wales some time back.

Needed to have a piss at half time and waited for a free urinal since it was very busy.

Three large individuals (red shirts with guts hanging out) decided not to wait and they pissed in the litter bins.

Pity the poor sods who had to get rid of urine sodden trash.

Par for the course in rugby, I suspect.

Never ceases to amuse me. The bitterness and chip on the shoulder attitude of some of our sacred Lilkkle City fans 😂

High stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Maccy Blue View Post
    High stinks.
    😂

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Never ceases to amuse me. The bitterness and chip on the shoulder attitude of some of our sacred Lilkkle City fans ��
    So you think it's okay that different standards exist between the way rugby and football fans are perceived and treated in this country?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Never ceases to amuse me. The bitterness and chip on the shoulder attitude of some of our sacred Lilkkle City fans 😂
    I assume you haven’t read the link?

Like you it does amuse me sometimes the way football fans take the moral high ground against the egg, but that story was disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Like you it does amuse me sometimes the way football fans take the moral high ground against the egg, but that story was disgusting.
    The other way around most days. I'm often told I'm not really Welsh because I don't follow rugby by guys who watch a couple of games in the pub every spring. I'm regularly branded as a hooligan by guys who wear Wales rugby tops in the pub and shout and scream at the TV when Liverpool are playing, because I go to away games with Cardiff City - who are all hooligans.

Yes I read the link. Yes it was disgusting. Yes the guy is a c*nt of the highest order. What amuses me though, as I said, is how some narrow minded City fans constantly jump on these reports to somehow gain the moral high ground. I’ve lived in Cardiff all my life, and have witnessed the one sided journalism in the country when it comes to both games, but it’s like water off a ducks back to me.
    I’ve seen, as you and probably every other long term City fan has, some absolute disgusting behaviour from our fans.
    I know though, as you do, and all our fans who have a half a brain cell, that’s it’s a minority. Just as the Welsh egg fans who behave like this are a minority.
    This football v Rugby battle over the yrs in Wales between both sets of supporters, is both childish and un needed.
    On Saturday, we massacred a Jock team who were well fancied, and we massacred Leeds away from home. For a small country we punch above our weight in most sports, and we should be proud of that.
    The guy who shit on the table is c*nt and should be treated like one, but let’s stop all this we’re better than you nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So you think it's okay that different standards exist between the way rugby and football fans are perceived and treated in this country?
    If you compare the actual people in the grounds there is no comparison.

Some cardiff city fans are ****ing scum. There is a difference I feel as at the football it is genuine anger. At the rugby it is just drunken fools sometimes tipping drinks

Outside and behaviour in the centre with the rugby, no doubt. People are like animals. But then again if cardiff attracted 70k & thousands more to watch on TV lets see what would happen then

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Needed to have a piss at half time and waited for a free urinal since it was very busy.

Three large individuals (red shirts with guts hanging out) decided not to wait and they pissed in the litter bins.

Have you never been to see city away?

I think what annoys football fans is the snobbery and acceptance of poor behaviors ,such as pissing / spewing and fighting in the streets at rugby events , compared to the almost zero tolerance for football behaviors.

I have a train driver and police friends who dread the six nations and the unacceptable behaviors that job carrying adults ( not kids ) display , they have no where near the same concerns for the many Cardiff city home games .

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Have you never been to see city away?
    I was about to say that myself

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Green Bluebird View Post

Witnessed several times city fans peeing in sinks at away games as too lazy to wait their turn.

Reminds me of the old lav at top of bob bank (by Grange End). There was a 50p bit in the waterlogged and blocked tray. By half time it had gone

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    If you compare the actual people in the grounds there is no comparison.

Some cardiff city fans are ****ing scum. There is a difference I feel as at the football it is genuine anger. At the rugby it is just drunken fools sometimes tipping drinks

Outside and behaviour in the centre with the rugby, no doubt. People are like animals. But then again if cardiff attracted 70k & thousands more to watch on TV lets see what would happen then
    None of which answers my question. Yes, there is misbehaviour at City matches, but, maybe I'm lucky in where I sit in the ground, I don't see as many pissed out their minds at matches as I used to - I don't get to many away matches these days, but, not really surprisingly, the percentage of people who are pissed at them seems to be higher than in home games.

Fifteen years ago and more, there were more drunks at home games as a percentage than there is now, whereas I feel that over the past quarter of a century the opposite has happened at rugby internationals. I went to a fair few rugby internationals in the 80s mainly with people I worked with in Companies House and drink always played a big part in the day with some we'd see in such a state that they didn't remember, or sometimes didn't even make, the game, but, in my experience, more people saw the game itself as the most important part of their day than do now - you'd be there waiting for the pubs to open at eleven, but the "serious" drinking went on after the match.

So, I'd say that personal experience when it comes to football games and anecdotal experience in rugby games tells me that these days behaviour at City games has improved, while it's as bad as it ever was or, possibly, worse at rugby internationals, yet it's the football fans who continue to be the victims when it comes to the different standards I mentioned in my first message.

It’s mostlt fine in the stadium for rugby whenever I’ve been. You’ve just got a load of people in town and in the ground who’ve had a skinful so you’re going to get a few dick heads when you consider how many people are there just as you do at football.

At football the concentration of dick heads seems much higher though.

I don’t know why people care about it being a rugby v football thing either, it isn’t even really as much of a narrative in the media as people on here like to paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Just discussed this with some rugby regulars in work.

Rugger fan 1: It's just an average day out at the rugby.
    Rugger fan 2: At least he didn't shit in someone's pint.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    None of which answers my question. Yes, there is misbehaviour at City matches, but, maybe I'm lucky in where I sit in the ground, I don't see as many pissed out their minds at matches as I used to - I don't get to many away matches these days, but, not really surprisingly, the percentage of people who are pissed at them seems to be higher than in home games.

Fifteen years ago and more, there were more drunks at home games as a percentage than there is now, whereas I feel that over the past quarter of a century the opposite has happened at rugby internationals. I went to a fair few rugby internationals in the 80s mainly with people I worked with in Companies House and drink always played a big part in the day with some we'd see in such a state that they didn't remember, or sometimes didn't even make, the game, but, in my experience, more people saw the game itself as the most important part of their day than do now - you'd be there waiting for the pubs to open at eleven, but the "serious" drinking went on after the match.

So, I'd say that personal experience when it comes to football games and anecdotal experience in rugby games tells me that these days behaviour at City games has improved, while it's as bad as it ever was or, possibly, worse at rugby internationals, yet it's the football fans who continue to be the victims when it comes to the different standards I mentioned in my first message.
    You seem to be showing a lot of naeivity Bob for someone who’s actually had a paper column.
    When I was a teenager, as you say, the Rugby internationals were attended by more rugby fans with real knowledge of the game, and the serious drinking began after the game. There was also little trouble and arrests at that time as well home or away. Compare that to following City at the time home and away, and you were lucky not to get your head kicked in, or avoid getting caught up in trouble.
    Fast forward to now, and it’s the other way round. You should know better than anyone though, how difficult it is to get rid of a “label” both in the media, and amongst the general public.
    Even now, if I mention to a someone from outside Wales or someone on holiday that I support the City, their usual first reference is to mention the Soul Crew, and the name we have for ourselves.
    It’s a hard tag to get rid of.