+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More Rugby High Jinks

Re: More Rugby High Jinks

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You seem to be showing a lot of naeivity Bob for someone who’s actually had a paper column.
    When I was a teenager, as you say, the Rugby internationals were attended by more rugby fans with real knowledge of the game, and the serious drinking began after the game. There was also little trouble and arrests at that time as well home or away. Compare that to following City at the time home and away, and you were lucky not to get your head kicked in, or avoid getting caught up in trouble.
    Fast forward to now, and it’s the other way round. You should know better than anyone though, how difficult it is to get rid of a “label” both in the media, and amongst the general public.
    Even now, if I mention to a someone from outside Wales or someone on holiday that I support the City, their usual first reference is to mention the Soul Crew, and the name we have for ourselves.
    It’s a hard tag to get rid of.
    Funny when l go on holiday and mention the city most people say Cardiff who?

Of course pub opening hours and kick off times also play a part.

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    When I was in Greece last year, one of the waiters realised I was Welsh and said, "Cardiff or Swansea", when I replied Cardiff he said, "Everyone in Wales is Cardiff"

Quote Originally Posted by Since64 View Post
    😂👍

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    You seem to be showing a lot of naeivity Bob for someone who’s actually had a paper column.
    When I was a teenager, as you say, the Rugby internationals were attended by more rugby fans with real knowledge of the game, and the serious drinking began after the game. There was also little trouble and arrests at that time as well home or away. Compare that to following City at the time home and away, and you were lucky not to get your head kicked in, or avoid getting caught up in trouble.
    Fast forward to now, and it’s the other way round. You should know better than anyone though, how difficult it is to get rid of a “label” both in the media, and amongst the general public.
    Even now, if I mention to a someone from outside Wales or someone on holiday that I support the City, their usual first reference is to mention the Soul Crew, and the name we have for ourselves.
    It’s a hard tag to get rid of.
    Not just outside Wales, I only live 25 miles from Cardiff, and some people up here still think all Cardiff fans are a bunch of hooligans.

I heard they were a gang of Jacks on a day out!

Maybe someone just pulled his finger really really really hard