+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolves just too good for this league

Wolves just too good for this league

We may as well just hold our hands up and surrender, or fall to our knees and bow...
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...-championship/

Re: Wolves just too good for this league

To be honest they are very good. 11 points clear after 30 games is pretty incredible too.

I wonder what players they’ll get in through Mendez when they go up too, youd fancy them to stay up with him involved.

FFP, in all its glory

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    We may as well just hold our hands up and surrender, or fall to our knees and bow...
    https://www.expressandstar.com/sport...-championship/
    I can’t wait to see them losing in the Premiership

I just find it strange that if roles were reversed and it was City in their position with their resources etc, would we be happy with this kind of headline and write up?

Would we be thinking along the lines of how it could all come tumbling down?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    FFP, in all its glory
    It really isn't having the desired effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    ^^this
    Sad to say but I seem to get as much enjoyment out of other teams' misfortune than watching City.
    Why is that? Gotta be more than me just turning into a grumpy old git Shirley?

We beat them at theirs, and we'll probably beat them down here too.

I just find it strange that if roles were reversed and it was City in their position with their resources etc, would we be happy with this kind of headline and write up?

I'd hope we would do the decent thing and refuse the investment , and do it the hard way , with guile ,tenacity and aggression

Terrible article. the writer seems to have forgotten that Wolves won the League Championship 3 times in the 1950s, and were runners up twice. Now that was an incredible team and period for them , which they have not matched since. They won the FA Cup in 1960 and three earlier occasions. The League Cup they've won twice in 1974 and 1980 and got to the UEFA final in 1972. SO I think there have been much better Wolves sides in the past but it was quite a while ago.

You could argue that Cardiff's greatest ever side was the one that won the Championship in 2013 on the same basis, except it wasn't! We were efficient and quite boring at times but we were better than anyone else.

Newcastle a few years ago and last season and Reading have also dominated this League and were probably better teams than Wolves.

They've been up before and struggled and will do so again. They'll be another Swansea, albeit with money, decent mid table for a couple of years then around the bottom after that. They were in the 3rd and 4th tier with us 30 years ago and like their rivals WBA are always likely to yo-yo up and down.,
    You can't take it away from them that they have been good this season, but it would be very funny if they blew it from the position they are in right now.

Wolves are doing very well, I believe they will struggle next season.

I was talking to a Bluebirds fan recently. He mentioned that the season in the premiership was the least enjoyable in years. Losing most games and one or two shots most games. If we weren't to spend big, I think I'd prefer £200 ST's, top 8 throughout the season and good cup runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    To be honest they are very good. 11 points clear after 30 games is pretty incredible too.

I wonder what players they’ll get in through Mendez when they go up too, youd fancy them to stay up with him involved.
    If only we didn't leave those 15 points in Amsterdam

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    Exactly.

Wolves were the only Championship club to make a profit in 2015/16 . I haven’t seen their 2016/17 accounts yet but, based upon the 3 year FFP cycle they are unlikely to be in breach of the £39m total loss rule

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Didn’t they suffer consecutive relegations the last time they went up to the sunshine league? Not saying lightening will strike twice but if the jacks sunk you could easily see them ending up back where they are most at home.

First time around no.

Now? Most definitely.

For wolves it'll be like the first time we spunked a few quid going up (I am aware they have been there before, just different with cash isn't it)

If they have a decent first year maybe getting top 10 their fans won't give a single ****, If they struggle and stay up their fans won't give a single **** but just demand they spend more.

They'd have to really **** it up though both to stay up with the contacts he has, if they can bring good kids to the championship shopping window imagine who would come with the chance to play and possibly shine in the PL?

Think we just need to accept this just might work for them and leave it be.

Laugh if it don't work out...but while it is...

I watched reading 2005/2006 who were better than this wolves team

I think Wolves have struck it lucky with their owners and Mendes for now if you consider this in terms of on-field success.

What I dislike so much is the amount of power that an agent with that many good players can now wield. Their ability to circumvent FFP and potentially blackmail clubs is very worrying for the future health of the game.

I hope that the authorities can find a way to rebalance the competition so that making money is not the ultimate goal as it is now. This game is now so far removed from the one I first started watching that it is barely recognisable as the same entity. Some things have improved immensely but the fundamental thing that defines football is Competition. If you remove that then eventually people will ask what is the point in bothering to go and watch a game if the outcome is already virtually certain

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I think tha’s living in cloud cuckoo land lad😀

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    I think tha’s living in cloud cuckoo land lad😀
    You should know.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    You should know.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think Wolves have struck it lucky with their owners and Mendes for now if you consider this in terms of on-field success.

What I dislike so much is the amount of power that an agent with that many good players can now wield. Their ability to circumvent FFP and potentially blackmail clubs is very worrying for the future health of the game.

I hope that the authorities can find a way to rebalance the competition so that making money is not the ultimate goal as it is now. This game is now so far removed from the one I first started watching that it is barely recognisable as the same entity. Some things have improved immensely but the fundamental thing that defines football is Competition. If you remove that then eventually people will ask what is the point in bothering to go and watch a game if the outcome is already virtually certain
    Good post.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Since62 View Post
    Wolves were the only Championship club to make a profit in 2015/16 . I haven’t seen their 2016/17 accounts yet but, based upon the 3 year FFP cycle they are unlikely to be in breach of the £39m total loss rule
    Good to see somebody on here actually has a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfinsheepsclothing View Post
    Good to see somebody on here actually has a clue.
    You’re still a bunch of whining dirty Kent’s though

So they should be the money theyve spent. They will soon be back down though.