+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Move Cardiff Blues to the City outskirts

Move Cardiff Blues to the City outskirts

Just like Reading.
    WE DON'T WANT OUR PREMIERSHIP PITCH WRECKED BY THEM.

Re: Move Cardiff Blues to the City outskirts

Id be happy to share, if the blues could get the numbers to make it worthwhile.

I wouldn't worry about the pitch at all. Plenty of other teams manage to share without it being an issue. Last time round the pitch went a bit brown because they weren't putting the floodlights on as much as they should have been. Th surface itself was still good, I don't recall a single uneven bounce.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I wouldn't worry about the pitch at all. Plenty of other teams manage to share without it being an issue. Last time round the pitch went a bit brown because they weren't putting the floodlights on as much as they should have been. Th surface itself was still good, I don't recall a single uneven bounce.
    It won't happen.

They can't afford the rent. Mass boycotts not for any ideological reason but because their favourite town pubs would be such a strenuous walk away.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

They wouldn't let us build the stadium originally with more than 26k seats, as their attendances would look ridiculous if the ground was bigger. For all the hoops the establishment made us jump through to accommodate them, they can swivel. They won't be able to pay anywhere near enough rent to make it viable.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They wouldn't let us build the stadium originally with more than 26k seats, as their attendances would look ridiculous if the ground was bigger. For all the hoops the establishment made us jump through to accommodate them, they can swivel. They won't be able to pay anywhere near enough rent to make it viable.
    Can you really produce any proof of that statement or is it a "I hate the Egg" comment?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Where did you read that?

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    It won't happen.

They can't afford the rent. Mass boycotts not for any ideological reason but because their favourite town pubs would be such a strenuous walk away.
    So you wouldn't mind if they moved CCS?

I think they should apply some goodwill and take thier games on the road and play at local parks like Sardis Road and others to rejuvenate those vety areas they deprived of first class rugby by setting up the self intrest regions .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think they should apply some goodwill and take thier games on the road and play at local parks like Sardis Road and others to rejuvenate those vety areas they deprived of first class rugby by setting up the self intrest regions .
    We'd rather just watch ponty thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    So you wouldn't mind if they moved CCS?
    No point commenting on something that will never happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    No point commenting on something that will never happen.
    Just hypothetical if they did would you not be bothered by it

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Just hypothetical if they did would you not be bothered by it
    I'd be bothered about it being a clean branded stadium again and that's about it. If they could afford it then it's more income for us.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysAway2 View Post
    Just like Reading.
    WE DON'T WANT OUR PREMIERSHIP PITCH WRECKED BY THEM.
    What about the nice little athletic stadium over the rd, 2000 seats almost enough

For such a prime piece of real estate, the Principality Stadium lays idle for most of the year
    Put them in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    For such a prime piece of real estate, the Principality Stadium lays idle for most of the year
    Put them in there.
    Each fan could have their own row of seats.

Put them in there.
    There'd be no grass left, the pitch can't cope with just a handful of games

Put them in there.
    Isn't that for top players, not also-rans.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If that’s the case then why do the Wales rugby team play there?

If they build a new multi use indoor stadium / arena as has been touted, then they would be able to play where they are until it’s ready. If they redevelop the Arms Park then they will have to temporarily play at the Millstad or CCS, there is no other realistic option. I just hope it’s not CCS.

To the outskirts. Rodney Parade?

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    If they build a new multi use indoor stadium / arena as has been touted, then they would be able to play where they are until it’s ready. If they redevelop the Arms Park then they will have to temporarily play at the Millstad or CCS, there is no other realistic option. I just hope it’s not CCS.
    They are a region, Sarsis Rd

They are a region, Sarsis Rd
    ie Sardis Rd

Put them in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    If that’s the case then why do the Wales rugby team play there?

Boom boom

ie Sardis Rd
    Blues fans wouldn’t go as far as leckwith, never mind Pontypridd. And your Ponty fans aren’t going to turn up and watch the blues.
    Also, none of the other regions play outside of thier home grounds, but for some reason it’s only the Cardiff Blues that seem to be criticised for it.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    They can **** off.