+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Good luck to Newport tonight...

Good luck to Newport tonight...

...whatever you may think of the City (Newport that is) or the club's fans, this is one big occasion for any fourth tier team and a fabulous occasion for players, staff and fans.

I hope the players in particular enjoy their moment in the sun and don't suffer some kind of nightmare.

So, good luck boys and do yourselves proud. I for one will be cheering you on.

Re: Good luck to Newport tonight...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    ...whatever you may think of the City (Newport that is) or the club's fans, this is one big occasion for any fourth tier team and a fabulous occasion for players, staff and fans.

I hope the players in particular enjoy their moment in the sun and don't suffer some kind of nightmare.

Hope they moidered. Up n dewn, in and ewt, rewend and rewend the rewndabewt. Manager sounds like a jailbird. Utterly cringeworthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    Hope they moidered. Up n dewn, in and ewt, rewend and rewend the rewndabewt. Manager sounds like a jailbird. Utterly cringeworthy.
    WUM back on board. A total numbskull.
    Hope they put up a good show, better than Notts Co.

Come on the port

Taking all the 7000 fans they have in the entire world again like last trip there?
    In fact I know a few and none of them ever follow them regularly, yep, Liverpool and spurs from the sofa....

Malpas must move with the times: Lord Mayor abs several of his alderman.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Taking all the 7000 fans they have in the entire world again like last trip there?
    In fact I know a few and none of them ever follow them regularly, yep, Liverpool and spurs from the sofa....
    As has been said before, it's games like this which get people interested especially the youngsters.
    We all have been influenced to support our team by one game or another.

Great start and then no luck whatsoever. OG :😭

2 down now. Their fans are probably thinking what we were last week after going 2 down ourselves v Man Citeh.... could get messy if Spurs want it bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Wilshire View Post
    We took 3 or 4 times what Card*ff would have took to the same fixture . 6th time this season weve took over 1,000 away !!

PS ..Thanks to those who wished us well ,appreciate it !!

Quote Originally Posted by County121 View Post
    We took 3 or 4 times what Card*ff would have took to the same fixture . 6th time this season weve took over 1,000 away !!

The majority back supporting Liverpool this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    The majority back supporting Liverpool this weekend.
    But County fans are from Newport ..Majority of yours are from the valleys .

What BIG club do you support ??

But County fans are from Newport ..Majority of yours are from the valleys .

What BIG club do you support ??
    Cardiff City
    You and your fans are the exact reason i could n`t wish your tinpot club good luck.
    You hate us and to be honest I hate you lot, it suits me fine.

If I lived in Newport, I'd attend every away game. Anything to get away.

You came out of the game with a lot of credit, hopefully you can make a push for the play offs. Would be great to see Newport in League 1.

When was the last time all 4 welsh clubs was in the top 4 divisions?

So you think that if Cardiff were playing Spurs away in the FA Cup that we would only take 2000 !!. You are deluded. The only thing that would limit the amount of fans we took would be the available ticket allocation. Last time we went to Wembley we took 36000. We have taken over 1000 away on 9 occasions this season out of 16 league games. You have the 15th highest average attendance in league two at just over 3300. There is no comparison between the two clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    So you think that if Cardiff were playing Spurs away in the FA Cup that we would only take 2000 !!. You are deluded. The only thing that would limit the amount of fans we took would be the available ticket allocation. Last time we went to Wembley we took 36000. We have taken over 1000 away on 9 occasions this season out of 16 league games. You have the 15th highest average attendance in league two at just over 3300. There is no comparison between the two clubs.
    There isn't and I don't know why they do it.

Newport fans deserve respect for the way they restored their club and the loyalty the small group have shown.

They've got a great manager and have shown real spirit as a club.

Really they should work with City ad there is a lot of goodwill from the majority of our fans.

Unfortunately I always get the feeling there's an undercurrent of a sort of bitterness from them toward us.

The ones amongst ours who genuinely wish them ill are in a very small minority.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    When was the last time all 4 welsh clubs was in the top 4 divisions?
    1988 All four in Division 4. Merthyr also beat Atalanta this season. Cardiff and Swansea promoted and Newport relegated.

1986-87 Newport were in Division 3, Wrexham 9th in Division 4, Swansea 12th in Division 4 and Cardiff 13th.