+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Testimonials

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Testimonials

Are testimonials that necessary in an era when footballers earn such gargantuan salaries? If such things take place merely as a sign of respect that's no bad thing - but I thought they were originally organised in less lucrative times in order to send off players (usually into retirement) with a few bob in their pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Are testimonials that necessary in an era when footballers earn such gargantuan salaries? If such things take place merely as a sign of respect that's no bad thing - but I thought they were originally organised in less lucrative times in order to send off players (usually into retirement) with a few bob in their pocket.
    The proceeds go to charity nowadays, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    My view is they are a way to show gratitude to our best/ favourite players. Most of the players tend to give the money to charity these days, which is certainly what Super Kev did. For me it was a good day out, a chance to thank Kev for his service to us fans, and I even got to see Damon Searle score a goal!