+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steven Caulker

Re: Steven Caulker

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Malkys dossiers should have picked this up
    It was posted on here at the time we signed him, that the only reason spurs got rid of him was he'd got steaming drunk at a club function and became abusive to friends of the chairman

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    I think youll find you do it all the time. State your opinion as fact.

Anyway, go and find Croesy if you want a spat, not here to be a substitue for him.

Lets keep the thread on point theres a good lad.
    I don’t think I do I think it’s more you are such a “snowflake” yourself that you don’t seem to be able to handle any contrary opinion to your own narrow world view.

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    I don’t think I do I think it’s more you are such a “snowflake” yourself that you don’t seem to be able to handle any contrary opinion to your own narrow world view.
    The irony meter just smashed into a million pieces.

I see he scored for Dundee last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    I see he scored for Dundee last night.
    And conceded 3 against 10 men

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Plenty worse teams on paper have stayed up. You need the manager to motivate you and turn it around. We spent extremely poorly though, little or no Premier League experience, expensive gambles and zero pace. Caulker had his demons and people in football knew about it, so we shouldn't have taken the risk.
    How many failed dossiers did Malky have?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    How many failed dossiers did Malky have?
    His signings in the Championship were very good.

Mackay signed Cornelius, Brayford, Moore, Caulker, Amondarain, KTC, Odemwingie and Medel in the Premier League season. Only Caulker and Medel contributed to any real extent and we lost money on the rest.

His signings in the Championship were very good.

Mackay signed Cornelius, Brayford, Moore, Caulker, Amondarain, KTC, Odemwingie and Medel in the Premier League season. Only Caulker and Medel contributed to any real extent and we lost money on the rest.
    I know and agree.

But surely if people in foot all circles knew about caulker then Malky would have? Can't criticise his performances for us a great deal , but these "dossiers" need to be questioned.

Plenty worse teams on paper have stayed up. You need the manager to motivate you and turn it around. We spent extremely poorly though, little or no Premier League experience, expensive gambles and zero pace. Caulker had his demons and people in football knew about it, so we shouldn't have taken the risk.
    I don't buy in to this "we spent really poorly" thing. If it hadn't been for Cornelius, and all the hyperbole surrounding the amount we paid for him the spending poorly thing would be a non starter. I actually thought Medel in particular was a great signing.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't buy in to this "we spent really poorly" thing. If it hadn't been for Cornelius, and all the hyperbole surrounding the amount we paid for him the spending poorly thing would be a non starter. I actually thought Medel in particular was a great signing.
    Cornelius was a dreadful buy that is clear as day.

I mean we saw so much of his ability after his 8 appearances off the bench in the premier league. All in the dying seconds of the game and the majority coming off a long term injury

16 from 30 million being good buys first season in the PL has to be seen as poor (just my opinion)

You need as much value as possible with not much room for error, 50 percent of the money spent wasn't "good value"

Including Caulker, we bought 2 players that were PL quality. The rest weren't, and our squad wasn't. Cornelius absolutely had to come off if we had any chance to survive, and we all know what happened there. Mackay signed Cornelius, Brayford, Moore, Caulker, Amondarain, KTC, Odemwingie and Medel in the Premier League season. Caulker was a drunk and Medel was asked to put out fires all over the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post

I mean we saw so much of his ability after his 8 appearances off the bench in the premier league. All in the dying seconds of the game and the majority coming off a long term injury
    For £10m he was a dreadful buy.

Remember our manager at the time touted him as being able to score the goals that would keep us in the Prem, handed him the no 9 shirt... then in quick fashion downgraded him to "one for the future".

At £1m, lower wages he'd have been a non-issue and given more time.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    For £10m he was a dreadful buy.

Remember our manager at the time touted him as being able to score the goals that would keep us in the Prem, handed him the no 9 shirt... then in quick fashion downgraded him to "one for the future".

At £1m, lower wages he'd have been a non-issue and given more time.
    Gary Madine at 6mm could quite easily surpass any previous purchase for that coveted 'waste of money' signing top spot. I couldn't believe my ears when they quoted that figure last night on the commentary.

Spot on - I still can’t see where we think 6m is a decent price.
    Tan had his fingers burnt before, perhaps he’s agreed as he now has a get out if he fails to deliver.

That assumes the figure was £6m.

May well involve addons that could take it to that if the clauses are achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post

I rate Caulker as a worse signing, just 2 million less and did 20x more dmg to our survival hopes.

Quote Originally Posted by ccfc_is_my_life View Post
    That assumes the figure was £6m.

May well involve addons that could take it to that if the clauses are achieved.

I thought that when the dust had settled and the Bolton statement had been released we were left with a £5m fee (not the £6m that was touted earlier) that included performance add-ons but that Cardiff had agreed to pay the core fee (the part that excludes add-ons) immediately and not by annual instalments (over several years) which seems to be the normal practice. Still a high price but maybe not as OTT as some have suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I thought that when the dust had settled and the Bolton statement had been released we were left with a £5m fee (not the £6m that was touted earlier) that included performance add-ons but that Cardiff had agreed to pay the core fee (the part that excludes add-ons) immediately and not by annual instalments (over several years) which seems to be the normal practice. Still a high price but maybe not as OTT as some have suggested.
    So possibly say 3.5-4 million in one hit rather than over 5 years.. 1-1.5 dependent on whatever add ons they agreed to?

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    So possibly say 3.5-4 million in one hit rather than over 5 years.. 1-1.5 dependent on whatever add ons they agreed to?
    The guys on CCFC world who work for City said 6. Didn't go into the structure but clearly said 6 than clarified it was 6 when the co-commentator, like myself questioned it. I trust them when they say 6.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    The guys on CCFC world who work for City said 6. Didn't go into the structure but clearly said 6 than clarified it was 6 when the co-commentator, like myself questioned it. I trust them when they say 6.
    I have no idea, but it's just I treating to speculate.

Like I made a thread About, it's given Ken a boot up the arse so could be worth it alone to get him going, and from wjat I've seen of Madine he looks just fine.