+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steven Caulker

Steven Caulker

Remeber him? That other donkey Malky paid 8m for.

Just signed for Dundee FC in the SPL.

Re: Steven Caulker

Didn't realise he is still only 26 years old!
    Looked as if he had a great future when he played for the Jacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    Ashley Williams was in his prime then, made Caulker look better than he was.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Silvers View Post
    He has suffered mental heath issues. Nice lad.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

He's backed off attackers that far he's ended up in Dundee. He's had his demons and I feel for him but we should have known that from Malky's "dossiers". Half the messageboard knew he was a pisshead when we signed him!

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    He has suffered mental heath issues. Nice lad.
    Alcohol, gambling and depression.

I wouldnt laugh as his downfall. Someone like ravel morrison I would though. Still cant believe we were cheering for him a the time!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    Alcohol, gambling and depression.

I wouldnt laugh as his downfall. Someone like ravel morrison I would though. Still cant believe we were cheering for him a the time!!!
    Had to re read that to work out what you meant then.

Sold for about the same though? An average journeymen like most of the premier league these days. Quite mad to think England have no world class players these days

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Sold for about the same though? An average journeymen like most of the premier league these days. Quite mad to think England have no world class players these days
    Selling him for the same is scant consolation after being relegated and losing millions.

If Milky had spent the kitty Tan gave him wisely we could still be in the Prem. Albeit in red so every cloud and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Harry Kane is world class, so is Kyle Walker for his position.

Is Kane? What’s he done, he hasn’t even won a trophy yet? Leagues, nothing at all in Europe and let’s not talk about England hey....this summer we might see how good he is in Russia. Don’t get me wrong I think he is a class act but not world class yet

Steven Caulker was 22 when we signed him, an England international, had previously played brilliantly for Swansea in the Premier League and was talked about as a a future England captain. Spurs fans were seething when we picked him up for £8m.

He was viewed as a great signing at the time, unfortunately he's had mental health issues and I wish him all the best

I thought he was decent when we signed him. Didn't we get back what we paid for him?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Steven Caulker was 22 when we signed him, an England international, had previously played brilliantly for Swansea in the Premier League and was talked about as a a future England captain. Spurs fans were seething when we picked him up for £8m.

He was viewed as a great signing at the time, unfortunately he's had mental health issues and I wish him all the best
    Exactly.

Thought he was one of our better performers that year. Went on to play another 25 plus games the following season in the premier league, albeit in another relegation side.

Don't understand some of these comments.

For mental health issues read pisshead and a gambler.

And before anyone jumps on my case I’ve suffered depression, ironically because I was gambling and drinking too much, so I know it’s just a self pitying cop out to blame the mental health for the gambling and drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Exactly.

Thought he was one of our better performers that year. Went on to play another 25 plus games the following season in the premier league, albeit in another relegation side.

He’s been relegated more times than Sunderland

Future England captain😂

I remember some fool on **** claiming we had the future spine of the England team in Moore, Caulker, Mutch and Campbell 😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I thought he was decent when we signed him. Didn't we get back what we paid for him?
    We could have signed Curtis Davies for a quarter of the price and he done a better job in keeping Hull in the division.

Quote Originally Posted by OurManFlint II View Post
    Exactly.

Mistake prone, often caught out of position.

If we'd bought him from say Leyton Orient he'd have been absolutely slaughtered for those mistakes.

Caulker looked good alongside Williams at Swansea. Every other club he's basically been crap. Liverpool bizarrely loaned him and he played more up front than at the back! Based upon that I'd say Wiliams made him look better than he really is.

But someone on here said he was a GREAT player. !!!!!

Future England captain��

I remember some fool on **** claiming we had the future spine of the England team in Moore, Caulker, Mutch and Campbell ����
    22 and an England international, touted as a future regular and looked like he was a future captain

Hindsight is 20/20 but I can't recall people calling for Curtis Davies when we signed Caulker

22 and an England international, touted as a future regular and looked like he was a future captain

Hindsight is 20/20 but I can't recall people calling for Curtis Davies when we signed Caulker
    Seems like his mental state has led him astray somewhat. When he was younger at spurs he must have been ok, he seemed ok with us but obv needed someone string next to him like Williams, who was in his prime then. He did score a memorable goal that beat the jacks and took us above Man Utd I think.....

Well said, City123. There's much that could be said about these revisionists but Malky was the best manager during my time following Cardiff City followed by Jimmy Scoular.

For a matter of balance, whatever Caulker and Medel cost us we recouped the fees when they were subsequently sold so I doubt they were overpriced. It appears Malky's two major targets when we went up were Wanyama and Vardy. A failure to inctease both bids, by £1m and £0.2m respectively ended our interest in the players. That we didn't get them was a decision made by others at the Club.

StT.
    <><

If we'd signed Curtis Davies and Hull signed Caulker, the same would have happened. We went down because we were dreadfully disorganised from January onwards, not because of the quality of first teamer we had.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Well said, City123. There's much that could be said about these revisionists but Malky was the best manager during my time following Cardiff City followed by Jimmy Scoular.

For a matter of balance, whatever Caulker and Medel cost us we recouped the fees when they were subsequently sold so I doubt they were overpriced. It appears Malky's two major targets when we went up were Wanyama and Vardy. A failure to inctease both bids, by £1m and £0.2m respectively ended our interest in the players. That we didn't get them was a decision made by others at the Club.

StT.
    <><
    Oh so it wasn't the decision of the players then?

Wanyama and Vardy were chased by other clubs in better positions than we were. Even if we increased transfer offers for those, it hardly follows those players would have wanted to be here.