+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Bristolona second only to Wolves

Bristolona second only to Wolves

Well that’s it, might as well give up now.

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/...better-1186607

Re: Bristolona second only to Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

It was Bristol City he was talking about, wasn't it?

Bloody 'ell ... what a load of complete and utter bollox he was spouting!

"But Bristol City are a more positive side in terms of their possession and how they want to create and they have helped create an inspirational atmosphere at Ashton Gate."

1 win in 9 league and cup, all that possession must be amazing to watch fair play.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post

"City are not a side who are just going to try and nick a 1-0 - that is not how they play. They go and try and score goals, they try and be positive and they try and play good football."

If only we won our last game 4-1, eh?

It really makes me smile when pundits and fans alike put forward their opinions as facts. How foolish. We've had the same shots on target per game as Bristol C (13); got a better disciplinary record and a higher rating (2nd to their 8th).

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ship-2017-2018

StT.
    <><

He knows he's chatting shit, we know he's chatting shit, the paper know, as do most normal Bristol City fans.

Don't see the problem. Walesonline is usually as cringe.

I genuinely wish they had this belief.

We're labelled a long ball team by all and sundry and yet we're bottom of the league when it comes to accurate long balls according to the who scored stats in that link - how on earth can we be where we are in the league if we're a long ball team that can't play long balls properly?

It is laughable isn't it.
    Jeez, there ain't half some shite written these days on the net.
    In the words of the great Alfie Garnett.... "propagaaaaaaaayyyynda init?"

If he can make loads of teams play our way, why has he only had one promotion as a manager as against Warnocks 7 ??

At least we know now where Jursset gets his news.

But, but , but...Pep said....

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    It was Bristol City he was talking about, wasn't it?

Bloody 'ell ... what a load of complete and utter bollox he was spouting!
    It was Leroy Rosenior to be fair. I think he was mentored by Garth Crookes.

I agree, according to those everyone we are long ball team and can't play nice football like Bristol and Wolves. And yet those stats show we are either don't play too many long balls, or if we do we are not very good at them

So we we can't play football, we can't put in accurate long balls , so what do we do that makes us 3rd in the League?

One day some of the pundits will have to give us some credit. I sometimes tune in to other games on TV where they have pundits who talk complete crap about a team like Cardiff or Newport or Rochdale etc and they have never seen them play this season, it's juts all made up yet because they are 'experts' it must be correct- and people believe it!

I quite like everyone disliking us, as it creates a 'them' and 'us' mentality which means we're more likely to be passionate about supporting the team.

I also think that if visiting teams players play us thinking they might get hurt, rightly or wrongly, then it gives us an immediate edge in each game. Just so long as the refs play what they see then we'll be fine.

I've also noted some comments about our players taking it in turns to foul the flair players on the other team. I'll have to look more closely as I've not noticed this myself but if we are I'd be surprised as I don't think our players have got that degree of ability or cunning.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We're labelled a long ball team by all and sundry and yet we're bottom of the league when it comes to accurate long balls according to the who scored stats in that link - how on earth can we be where we are in the league if we're a long ball team that can't play long balls properly?
    Exactly, Bob. Better to say nothing than speak and to show your ignorance.

StT.
    <><

We are 3 places above the carrot crunchers, 3 points ahead of them, a game in hand over them & boast a goal difference of plus 18 to their 9 even though apparently we look to grind out 1 nils unlike them
    Yes their "Bristolona" style is working brilliantly for them
    1 win in 9
    They are deluded

Taking us out of the argument, Derby, Fulham and Villa are all comfortably better sides than them.

ETHB go on the comment section and post the link to the long ball stats ffs...

They (Bristol) can carry on with their winning "Bristolona" way, 1 win in 9, & we will carry on with our "Cardiff" way of "grinding" out wins like our 4 - 1 trouncing of weeds

If we manage to go up at Bristol City's expense, the best part about it for me will be managing to go above them in the middle of a four match losing streak!

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    "City are not a side who are just going to try and nick a 1-0 - that is not how they play. They go and try and score goals, they try and be positive and they try and play good football."

If only we won our last game 4-1, eh?
    Don’t think we have had many 1-0 wins either, beat we scored 8 goals in last 3 and 2 we’re away 😂