+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: So Giggs has already started wielding the axe

So Giggs has already started wielding the axe

Ryland Morgans gone, part of the backroom staff for the last 8 years. Get the impression this is going to be the first of many changes.

Re: So Giggs has already started wielding the axe

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Ryland Morgans gone, part of the backroom staff for the last 8 years. Get the impression this is going to be the first of many changes.
    Unfortunately if you are the boss you have to work with a team you are comfortable with, there is too much on the line to go with the team that was good for the last manager.

Giggs needs to be his own man with his own team, when he fails it needs to be on his terms, and he doesn't need a group of people around him saying, Chris didnt do it like this, or Chris did this.

As much as i dislike Giggs, he needs to do this.

Morgan's Mrs, can't be a looker then.

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    Unfortunately if you are the boss you have to work with a team you are comfortable with, there is too much on the line to go with the team that was good for the last manager.

Giggs needs to be his own man with his own team, when he fails it needs to be on his terms, and he doesn't need a group of people around him saying, Chris didnt do it like this, or Chris did this.

As much as i dislike Giggs, he needs to do this.
    Exactly.

Giggs wont be the first manager to bring in his own backroom staff, and he wont be the last.

Yes, he has to build a back room team before he ****s off to a premier club

Shame for those involved but it's his gig now.

Last campaign was hardly inspiring, perhaps time for a few changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    Yes, he has to build a back room team before he ****s off to a premier club
    Well I for one hope he does. If hes off to a Premier League club then that should mean hes made a success of Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Well I for one hope he does. If hes off to a Premier League club then that should mean hes made a success of Wales.
    Yes one would presume that .

I would however draw a breath and thought , as international football management can be a very different world to that of the demands of the premiership, equally to consider is the graveyard of failed Fergie era players in management, its a growing list of failures or average performers , in my view only Steve Bruce has punched his weight .

How's that last " chewing gum" Welsh manager doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mambo View Post
    Yes Giggs needs to bring in his own proven successful backroom team of ?, it's his first try at being a manager - so how does he know what works and what doesnt ?, how does he know what the person he got rid of was like ? , has he worked with him before ?.

I get the impression that Giggs will surround himself with mates from Man U - in the hope they will be successful based on the fact they were successful at Man U with Ferguson in charge.

That is the same flawed logic that OGS used at the city. To build a successful backroom staff team, I would have thought you need to have proven yourself elsewhere with the people you are bringing in - otherwise - I would rather choose the judgement of someone who has been in the job for 8 years under the most successful manager Wales has ever had.

But what the feck do I know?, I would ask Giggs the same question.
    He needs to bring in people he knows, and people he can trust.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Yes one would presume that .

I would however draw a breath and thought , as international football management can be a very different world to that of the demands of the premiership, equally to consider is the graveyard of failed Fergie era players in management, its a growing list of failures or average performers , in my view only Steve Bruce has punched his weight .

How's that last " chewing gum" Welsh manager doing ?
    Mark Hughes has had a decent managerial career. Finished in the top 10 of a league thats dominated by 6 teams, so only 4 places really up for grabs, many times with 3 different clubs outside of the big clubs. Led QPR to safety, the only manager to do so in their yo-yo years last 6/7 years.

Big Brother was his peak for me.....

The only reason we have done relatively well over the last few years is because of Bale, and to a lesser extent Ramsey, Allen and Williams. With Williams playing at the level of a Stockport player again, Giggs job is already a lot harder than Coleman's.

People moaned when we got rid of that Dutch Ray guy and he has gone on to do absolutely nothing. If Osian Roberts and this Ryland guy that I'd never heard about until I opened this thread were any good, realistically they wouldn't be working for Wales would they.

Yes Giggs needs to bring in his own proven successful backroom team of ?, it's his first try at being a manager - so how does he know what works and what doesnt ?, how does he know what the person he got rid of was like ? , has he worked with him before ?.

I get the impression that Giggs will surround himself with mates from Man U - in the hope they will be successful based on the fact they were successful at Man U with Ferguson in charge.

That is the same flawed logic that OGS used at the city. To build a successful backroom staff team, I would have thought you need to have proven yourself elsewhere with the people you are bringing in - otherwise - I would rather choose the judgement of someone who has been in the job for 8 years under the most successful manager Wales has ever had.

Let's give him the credit of having spoken to the bloke ffs.

Some of you are just waiting to pounce on giggs. Pathetic.

What does Giggs know? Having played til beyond the age of 40 at one of the biggest clubs in the world id imagine Giggs knows a thing or two about fitness, and people working within those roles.

Lets put things in perspective here, Rylan Morgan was a part time fitness coach, hes hardly blackballed Gareth Bale.