+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Photos of trouble between Cardiff and Swansea fans

Photos of trouble between Cardiff and Swansea fans

I see the other board have posted photos etc of trouble between Cardiff and Swansea fans in years gone bye.
    Why anybody would want to exhibit these is beyond me.Those days are best forgotten.There is nothing clever in that behaviour and I would honestly be ashamed to be linked to it.
    I have said before that some find it hard to forgive Tan for the rebrand despite all the millions he has thrown in and changing things back but being a football hooligan is ok we can forgive that.I wonder what some people think about on times.

Re: Photos of trouble between Cardiff and Swansea fans

It was a laugh at the time, but I guess it’s part of our recent history

Gangs and such like is I think part of human nature of the young.

Yeah I’ve seen a few photos shared on Facebook with the reference ‘the fools old days’

Knobheads, it was truly great having a shit reputation and playing in division 4...

Its pathetic. The people who push this kind of thing are mainly cowards.
    The morons bluff each other with 'fighting with like minded people.
    Throwing missiles was probably the nearest they got to fighting.
    Its Friday and my bp is up. :)

Gutted!

Was hoping to see me skinny and with a mullet in there......

Hooliganism, or Casuals for want of a better word to describe the scene, generates a lot of interest like a lot of other British youth sub cultures like Mods, Punks, Skinheads.etc

It was part of growing up but now men in their 40s, 50's and some cases 60's!! should know better really.

I know Lakey is doing a film on the casual / clubbing scene in South Wales from the late 80s / 90s.

I'd quite like to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Yeah I’ve seen a few photos shared on Facebook with the reference ‘the fools old days’

Knobheads, it was truly great having a shit reputation and playing in division 4...
    It actually was. If you went to away games.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Must be slow on there and hes looking for hits.

Hooliganism, or Casuals for want of a better word to describe the scene, generates a lot of interest like a lot of other British youth sub cultures like Mods, Punks, Skinheads.etc

It was part of growing up but now men in their 40s, 50's and some cases 60's!! should know better really.

I know Lakey is doing a film on the casual / clubbing scene in South Wales from the late 80s / 90s.
    oh wow i can't wait big hot clubs like the Kirkhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    I've taken foreigners to the kirkhouse and theyve loved it as it is the least pretentious place they've ever been

not sure what my point is, as yes it is a dump

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Not sure they played much Acid House there mate

Quote Originally Posted by BuyingManCityTickets View Post
    I've taken foreigners to the kirkhouse and theyve loved it as it is the least pretentious place they've ever been

Took foreigners to The Kirkhouse in Merthyr? And they didnt get a hiding? Not sure weve got the same place

Took a load of Bolton fans (mates) to The Camelot in Caerphilly in the 80s - they still talk about the place and its female inhabitants with reverance

Took foreigners to The Kirkhouse in Merthyr? And they didnt get a hiding? Not sure weve got the same place
    I think its changed a fair bit now. Miles more underage drinking in the town in general. There isnt much of an age range now everyone is young in the kirkhouse. Not as much fighting any more either. Drugs though, business is booming...

People get to an age then move on to going out in ponty/cardiff it looks like

I think its changed a fair bit now. Miles more underage drinking in the town in general. There isnt much of an age range now everyone is young in the kirkhouse. Not as much fighting any more either. Drugs though, business is booming...

People get to an age then move on to going out in ponty/cardiff it looks like
    The 90s were wild outside Koolers (As it was called in the 90's), and I gather the 80s were even worst. In the 90s lads from as close as Aberdare, and Rhymney, (Less than 5 miles away) were treated as outsiders.

I was loved up on ecstasy and never been a fighter but those looking for trouble could easily find it on the weekend outside the Koolers.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Took a load of Bolton fans (mates) to The Camelot in Caerphilly in the 80s - they still talk about the place and its female inhabitants with reverance
    Ye the same with the people I took. Spending all night saying "you'd never get away with that where we live"

The 90s were wild outside Koolers (As it was called in the 90's), and I gather the 80s were even worst. In the 90s lads from as close as Aberdare, and Rhymney, (Less than 5 miles away) were treated as outsiders.

I was too loved up on ecstasy but those looking for trouble could easily find it on the weekend outside the Koolers.
    There is none of that good stuff up there now, not from what ive noticed

Is it white? yes
    Is it powder? yes
    Is it in a little bag? yes

Take my fifty quid now!!!!!!

There is none of that good stuff up there now, not from what ive noticed

Is it white? yes
    Is it powder? yes
    Is it in a little bag? yes

Take my fifty quid now!!!!!!
    By the time it makes its way in there its been cut to about 5% purity!

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Even I pulled there

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It actually was. If you went to away games.
    Going to places like Mansfield, Darlington, Lincoln.etc.etc was part of the attraction for me when I first started following City in 91

Going to places like Mansfield, Darlington, Lincoln.etc.etc was part of the attraction for me when I first started following City in 91
    You had to be very careful in places like Exeter , Lincoln etc

Hereford used to turn out big eared farmer boys to greet us

I would never have been to Hartlepool if it wasn't for the City.

I was loved up on ecstasy and never been a fighter but those looking for trouble could easily find it on the weekend outside the Koolers.
    The Brandy Bridge was the place to go if you wanted a couple of black eyes

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    I see the other board have posted photos etc of trouble between Cardiff and Swansea fans in years gone bye.
    Why anybody would want to exhibit these is beyond me.Those days are best forgotten.There is nothing clever in that behaviour and I would honestly be ashamed to be linked to it.
    I have said before that some find it hard to forgive Tan for the rebrand despite all the millions he has thrown in and changing things back but being a football hooligan is ok we can forgive that.I wonder what some people think about on times.
    I hated the rebrand but I hated the hooligans of the 80s and 90s even more. The irony is that people have a go at rugby fans and rightly so when it is deserved but there is some sort of perverse view that hooligans were protecting the honour of the club and I see it said on here and the other side of them rescuing scarfers (whatever they were) and only fight like minded people - to me that's bollocks . I went away a lot of times in 80s and 90s by bus rail and car and the only time me or my mates were threatened was by city fans at Grimsby and Fulham and the train home from Leicester and the number of home ends that city fans entered was beyond belief including various stands as well - you can't tell me they were only like minded people in there.

For me the hooligans did a lot of damage to our club as much as tan did and that stench from the 80s and 90s still lingers.

I just love the accounts of the hooligan encounters that say that - 10 of our lads went toe to toe with more than 50 of theirs and saw them off. Trouble is that the account from the other group would be exactly the same but in reverse.