+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Photos of trouble between Cardiff and Swansea fans

Re: Photos of trouble between Cardiff and Swansea fans

That picture of Swansea away where the fans invaded the pitch has been put up so many times he may as well leave it as a sticky.

It was the 1st away game I went to and was just a kid in school and went on the service bus from Aberdare. I still cant believe my old man didnt try and stop me going. It was mental! Youd never have thought we were the away side if you were outside the Vetch. Cardiff fans were everywhere.

The Soul Crew protecting scarfers is one big myth. In many ways it was the other round. Big reliance on fans who didnt go looking for trouble but if it came their way as it often did were more than capable of defending themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    That picture of Swansea away where the fans invaded the pitch has been put up so many times he may as well leave it as a sticky.

It was the 1st away game I went to and was just a kid in school and went on the service bus from Aberdare. I still cant believe my old man didnt try and stop me going. It was mental! Youd never have thought we were the away side if you were outside the Vetch. Cardiff fans were everywhere.

The Soul Crew protecting scarfers is one big myth. In many ways it was the other round. Big reliance on fans who didnt go looking for trouble but if it came their way as it often did were more than capable of defending themselves.
    A west ham fan once said that Cardiff 'normal' supporters were just as mental as our loony lot, this was after that big punch up on the Barking road when we played them up there in 2004.

Quote Originally Posted by valley boy View Post
    I see the other board have posted photos etc of trouble between Cardiff and Swansea fans in years gone bye.
    Why anybody would want to exhibit these is beyond me.Those days are best forgotten.There is nothing clever in that behaviour and I would honestly be ashamed to be linked to it.
    I have said before that some find it hard to forgive Tan for the rebrand despite all the millions he has thrown in and changing things back but being a football hooligan is ok we can forgive that.I wonder what some people think about on times.
    It might be hard to comprehend but life in the UK was very different in the late 70’s and 80’s, it was seen a popular and cool thing to be involved in. In the 80’s there wasn’t much else. Half our support were fans up for a ruck when I first went in 87, lots who went to away games were rarely if ever seen at Ninian. There’s alsways been plenty of youth culture here from mods, punks, new romantic, Brit pop, rave scene etc...

Quote Originally Posted by CardiffIrish2 View Post
    Yeah I’ve seen a few photos shared on Facebook with the reference ‘the fools old days’

Knobheads, it was truly great having a shit reputation and playing in division 4...
    As opposed to having one in division 1 or 2 like Chelsea, West Ham, Birmingham etc...all clubs had loons back then, even Hereford and Exeter ffs....

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It actually was. If you went to away games.
    Agreed truly special days, the fans who never experienced it will never understand though

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Going to places like Mansfield, Darlington, Lincoln.etc.etc was part of the attraction for me when I first started following City in 91
    When we rolled in, you could always be guaranteed all them places would put on a bit of a show

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You had to be very careful in places like Exeter , Lincoln etc

Hereford used to turn out big eared farmer boys to greet us
    Exeter always used to be able to muster a few, when we arrived by train after a game at torquay ( that games Justin fash got sent off ) a few walked into town to get a bite to eat, inside 20 mins a mob had arrived,

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post

Lets be honest, most city fans at the time must have been mental to go and follow us, mainly working class blokes who identified with each other ( once again, if you were not part of it, you will not understand ) this " soul crew " thing was just a name, at any big game, you always had a fair few who were just guys looking out for " mates " ( they might just know them to give them a Nod in the pub, but that didnt matter ) going to away games you really felt safe in numbers, and we really were a big fish in a small pond

Quote Originally Posted by ian gibson View Post
    A west ham fan once said that Cardiff 'normal' supporters were just as mental as our loony lot, this was after that big punch up on the Barking road when we played them up there in 2004.
    as above, most football fans i know always admire the numbers we took away, yes we were a rowdy bunch, but wasnt that a reflection on the geographical area that city take its fans from ? ? ? I wouldnt have had it any other way

but times have changed, football has moved on, lets enjoy it for what it is today, just as many enjoyed it in the past

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The 90s were wild outside Koolers (As it was called in the 90's), and I gather the 80s were even worst. In the 90s lads from as close as Aberdare, and Rhymney, (Less than 5 miles away) were treated as outsiders.

I was loved up on ecstasy and never been a fighter but those looking for trouble could easily find it on the weekend outside the Koolers.
    You're right there mate. Used to come over to the zone and koolers from the Rhondda and was guaranteed a scrap. Great days til I got done for affray!

[QUOTE=blue matt;4840

but times have changed, football has moved on, lets enjoy it for what it is today, just as many enjoyed it in the past [/QUOTE]

You say football has moved on but what did hooliganism have to do football. If people wanted a fight with like minded people why didn't they just agree to meet in a forest somewhere away from society and kick lumps out of each other? They added nothing to the game of football whatsoever from my point of view