+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FT: MILLWALL 1 - 1 CARDIFF. Match thread

FT: MILLWALL 1 - 1 CARDIFF. Match thread

Friday live TV action as City look to follow up last weeks 4 - 1 wain at Leeds with another in south east London

More...

Millwall are expected to make numerous changes from the team that lost 1-0 at Rochdale in the FA Cup on Tuesday when they host Cardiff.

Manager Neil Harris started with strikers Steve Morison and Lee Gregory on the bench but both are expected to return. New signings Jason Shackell, Harry Toffolo and Ben Marshall are all also in contention, while Tim Cahill may be involved, depending on a late fitness test.

Aiden O'Brien, due to injured ankle ligaments, and Byron Webster, recovering from a long-term knee injury, are Harris' only absentees.

Cardiff defender Joe Bennett is available after serving a one-match ban. But Bennett, who was sent off in the FA Cup defeat to Manchester City, might struggle to displace Armand Traore, who made his debut in last weekend's 4-1 win at Leeds.

Deadline-day signing Gary Madine is also set to lead the line again after also making his debut at Elland Road. Craig Bryson, Lee Peltier and Matthew Connolly are all nearing full fitness after recent injuries, while Aron Gunnarsson could return next month after ankle damage.

Opta stats

The Lions have lost just one of their last 11 home matches against Cardiff in all competitions (W4 D6).

Cardiff haven't scored in any of their last three league matches against Millwall since Rudy Gestede scored the winner in a December 2012 victory.

Millwall have only lost four of their last 35 home matches in all competitions (W21 D10).

Cardiff are winless in nine league visits to London (D5 L4) since winning 2-1 at Brentford in March 2015.

Steve Morison has had a hand in six of Millwall's last nine league goals (two goals, four assists).

Cardiff have scored four goals in two of their last three away matches (both 4-1 wins against Mansfield and Leeds), having scored four times in just one of their previous 122 away matches in all competitions.

Match officials

Referee: KEITH STROUD
    Assistants: James Mainwaring and Nick Greenhalgh
    Fourth Official: Andy Davies

Re: MILLWALL v CARDIFF. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff City Mad View Post
    Friday live TV action as City look to follow up last weeks 4 - 1 wain at Leeds with another in south east London

More...

Millwall are expected to make numerous changes from the team that lost 1-0 at Rochdale in the FA Cup on Tuesday when they host Cardiff.

Manager Neil Harris started with strikers Steve Morison and Lee Gregory on the bench but both are expected to return. New signings Jason Shackell, Harry Toffolo and Ben Marshall are all also in contention, while Tim Cahill may be involved, depending on a late fitness test.

Aiden O'Brien, due to injured ankle ligaments, and Byron Webster, recovering from a long-term knee injury, are Harris' only absentees.

Cardiff defender Joe Bennett is available after serving a one-match ban. But Bennett, who was sent off in the FA Cup defeat to Manchester City, might struggle to displace Armand Traore, who made his debut in last weekend's 4-1 win at Leeds.

Deadline-day signing Gary Madine is also set to lead the line again after also making his debut at Elland Road. Craig Bryson, Lee Peltier and Matthew Connolly are all nearing full fitness after recent injuries, while Aron Gunnarsson could return next month after ankle damage.

Opta stats

The Lions have lost just one of their last 11 home matches against Cardiff in all competitions (W4 D6).

Cardiff haven't scored in any of their last three league matches against Millwall since Rudy Gestede scored the winner in a December 2012 victory.

Millwall have only lost four of their last 35 home matches in all competitions (W21 D10).

Cardiff are winless in nine league visits to London (D5 L4) since winning 2-1 at Brentford in March 2015.

Steve Morison has had a hand in six of Millwall's last nine league goals (two goals, four assists).

Cardiff have scored four goals in two of their last three away matches (both 4-1 wins against Mansfield and Leeds), having scored four times in just one of their previous 122 away matches in all competitions.

Match officials

Referee: KEITH STROUD
    Assistants: James Mainwaring and Nick Greenhalgh
    Fourth Official: Andy Davies

Lets hope he puts his bloody glasses on

Stroud hasn’t taken charge of one of our games in over two years.
    Last time he did was live on Sky on a Friday against Birmingham when he incorrectly gave Birmingham a penalty for handball against Connolly which actually hit him in the chops.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Stroud hasn’t taken charge of one of our games in over two years.
    Last time he did was live on Sky on a Friday against Birmingham when he incorrectly gave Birmingham a penalty for handball against Connolly which actually hit him in the chops.
    Nah, that was my favourite ref David Coote - I think Stroud was down to do that game, but Coote replaced him for some reason.

ML and Bennett back. Is Neil being too clever with his psychology,...or will they be Star Men??

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Paterson, Grujic, Ralls, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Madine.

Subs: Murphy, Peltier, Halford, Damour, Pilkington, J.Ward, Zohore

We've done ok with refs the last few games, so fingers crossed..........

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Nah, that was my favourite ref David Coote - I think Stroud was down to do that game, but Coote replaced him for some reason.
    Ah really? Just looked through his record on soccer base and they’ve stated he reffed that game.
    My mistake!

Millwall v Cardiff. Team line ups

No Yanic Wildschut or Armand Traore in the squad tonight

More...

Millwall: Archer, Meredith, Hutchinson, Gregory, Romeo, Wallace, Tunnicliffe, Morison, Saville, Cooper, Marshall.

Subs: Martin, McLaughlin, Williams, Cahill, Onyedinma, Elliott, Shackell.

C:WindowsTempphp5CFA.tmp

Cardiff City: Etheridge, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Bamba, Bennett, Paterson, Grujic, Ralls, Hoilett, Mendez-Laing, Madine. 

Subs: Murphy, Peltier, Halford, Damour, Pilkington, J.Ward, Zohore

yes Traore and Wildschut straight out of the squad and NML and Bennett back in. Good to see Peltier back on the bench too , while Feeney drops out.

It shows we have some strength in depth now.

Keith Stroud 😫

Is Wildschut injured?

Bit nervous tonight for this. Maybe it’s us playing first what’s done it.
    Hopefully we can pull it out of the bag with 3 points.

Soi and Ralls both had flu and travelled today

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Soi and Ralls both had flu and travelled today
    Dose up on vicks and get on with it

YESSSSS HOILETT

is it on the radio, I tuned I to Radio Wales and they have rugby crap on there! maybe it's on MW?

You beauty

Juniooooor

Re: Latest: MILLWALL 0 - 1 CARDIFF. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    is it on the radio, I tuned I to Radio Wales and they have rugby crap on there! maybe it's on MW?
    Its on FM in the Cardiff area. I've sat in my car before now listening to MW. Hope you get it.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Its on FM in the Cardiff area. I've sat in my car before now listening to MW. Hope you get it.
    http://sportsonline.pw/sitereddit/hd5.php

Quite happy for this to be a boring affair now.
    Hoilett running riot.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    It’s on TalkSPORT 2 I think as well.

Morison getting the better of Bamba now I feel.
    Bamba’s been off the last few games.

Paterson is easily dispossessed today, head down and losing the ball everytime, needs to be more calm and take his time I feel tonight.