+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Simon Thomas Sky Sports Presenter

Simon Thomas Sky Sports Presenter

Heartbreaking watching this guy break down mentally and playing it out through social media.

Hes just recently lost his wife to cancer, and has been video blogging his struggle to cope. He started doing it as a coping mechanism but he seems to be getting worse, saying he dont know if he can go on, even talking about suicide.

Sadly he has an 8 year old son, who has already lost one parent, and I hope that the little lad doesnt become an orphan.

Hope he can get pull himself up out of the hole for his sons sake.

Re: Simon Thomas Sky Sports Presenter

Have a read of this if you havent already, its ****ing brutal.
    Really feel for him.

https://agriefshared.com/2018/02/09/my-secret-battle/

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Really feel for him.

Heartbreaking.

I tear up when I read his stuff, can't imagine his pain. That poor young boy as well, heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Heartbreaking watching this guy break down mentally and playing it out through social media.

Hes just recently lost his wife to cancer, and has been video blogging his struggle to cope. He started doing it as a coping mechanism but he seems to be getting worse, saying he dont know if he can go on, even talking about suicide.

Sadly he has an 8 year old son, who has already lost one parent, and I hope that the little lad doesnt become an orphan.

Hope he can get pull himself up out of the hole for his sons sake.
    Awful stuff. I hope his son is also being well supported because he now has just one parent who is struggling with grief, whilst coming to terms with the loss of a mum as well. Tragic, and a widespread issue.

Didnt realise he was already in a very, very dark place before the sudden death of his wife.

I am not a parent but the pain he must be experiencing having to look after his lad and deal with the grief must be terrifying

I know all about anxiety and depression , it's like a black wave of unstoppable fear but this guy also has to cope with grieving for his wife and looking after his son

Maybe his job keeps his mind off things , I don't know , but he clearly needs and I hope he is getting psychiatric help and support

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Didnt realise he was already in a very, very dark place before the sudden death of his wife.
    Poor bastard must be going through hell

Awful stuff I hope he can pull through for the sake of his boy

He is doing the right thing by not bottling this up. The loss of his wife over such a short period of time was terrible. Life is fragile.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    Really feel for him.

People who have suffered personal tragedy often display incredible dignity despite terrible circumstances. Touching and brave.