+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Give me strength!

Give me strength!

Both managers thought it was a great game. If that's what you call a great game maybe I should find another sport to enjoy!

Re: Give me strength!

perhaps they were both laughing at each others inept tactics? if that's the case then I bet they had a great time

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Both managers thought it was a great game. If that's what you call a great game maybe I should find another sport to enjoy!
    I know. Im going to watch it again to see if I enjoy it better 2nd time.

As facking annoyed as I am about that cheating twat of a ref, we really didn’t play well at all. We all knew it was going to be a tough game but it was so frustrating to see us making it even more difficult for ourselves by constantly handing back possesion to them so cheaply. So many dead ball were just pumped forward which inevitably saw us lose the ball. I lost count of the amount of times we had a throw in, and rather than making sure it went to one of our own players, even if we had to play it short, we just launched it aimlessly forward, putting us on the back foot once again.

A good old nailed on draw
    Looking at these home stats we did well.
    https://footystats.org/clubs/england...l-fc?form=home

Frustrations aside 4 points away to Leeds and Millwall is a decent return. Follow it up with 3 points at home Tuesday and it’s been a good 11 days.

Did Warnock say we was the superior side? Must be made up by the media

I thought they edged it, we were poor at times ,my MOM Holilett, lots of efforts from Ralls and Patterson, thought Bamba got done like a kipper a few times, Madine put himself about, poor service to him though,it was all a let down really ,I hate these tv games .

Draw was a fair result. We were the better side first 20 and last 20 but in between they bullied us, and not often you can say that about us. Our keeper was the busier of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Draw was a fair result. We were the better side first 20 and last 20 but in between they bullied us, and not often you can say that about us. Our keeper was the busier of the two.
    Think this a very fair assessment.

👍

Wonder if Harris had put the thought into the refs head thatvwe were'physical' in order to allow his side to get into us and get the benefit of the doubt.

No complaints though as I feckin hate it when opposition whinge about it.

You've just got to stand up to it and I think overall we did . We should, we are a big strong side.

A lot of other teams wouldn't have ( as proven by Millwall home record) and would have come away with nothing.

Not many aways left and I'd take s point at every one of them. Except maybe Hull where we need to win.

Just need to win majority of home games then to be in the mix

Always going to be a scrappy game. We struggle against sides that can match our physicality. We have the players who can easily string passes together, at times we do but other times all too happy to go aimlessly long.

I have no issues with us being direct, but it has to be with a purpose not just hopefully Madine can get this rocket to stick.

Start of the season we were quick and direct and got the ball out wide a lot.

4 from two aways is a good return, would have taken it but I feel to get top 2 it's going to take a run of wins at some stage.