+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone still believe we'll go up?

Does anyone still believe we'll go up?

A decent point away to Millwall but in truth the point did nothing to mask over our deficiencies again.

We are piss poor on the ball and as someone said, if we didn't have Hoilett we would have no quality whatsoever.

You can say what you like but how Warnock didn't even think it was worth keeping Tomlin here even just for a wildcard off the bench is beyond me.

We need players who can actually pass the ball. We look like a basketball team and play like a rugby team. It's been garbage on the whole since October and if we are to have any glimmer of hope left this season then we need change things fast.

Re: Does anyone still believe we'll go up?

They won’t when we got Jamie Ward and Greg Halford playing for us.

if Warnock stops the hoofball like he did earlier this season when he realised it wasn't working...we can turn this..

but that is a BIG if

it is all on Warnock and he is a stuborn s.o.b

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    if Warnock stops the hoofball like he did earlier this season when he realised it wasn't working...we can turn this..

but that is a BIG if

it is all on Warnock and he is a stuborn s.o.b
    We had NML firing then.
    Now, NML looks like my 2 year old nephew kicking a ball.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    A decent point away to Millwall but in truth the point did nothing to mask over our deficiencies again.

We are piss poor on the ball and as someone said, if we didn't have Hoilett we would have no quality whatsoever.

You can say what you like but how Warnock didn't even think it was worth keeping Tomlin here even just for a wildcard off the bench is beyond me.

We need players who can actually pass the ball. We look like a basketball team and play like a rugby team. It's been garbage on the whole since October and if we are to have any glimmer of hope left this season then we need change things fast.
    If we get in the play offs we have a chance.

One thing we will do is battle.

I would want to avoid Fulham in the semis though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    If we get in the play offs we have a chance.

One thing we will do is battle.

I would want to avoid Fulham in the semis though.
    Yeah they can knock us out in the final instead.

Not if they keep sending us cheating refs we wont

And Pilkington should have been brought on not lazy Zohore

I think as a team we peaked too soon, believed the hype and ran with it.

Sadly it looks like we have run out of ideas, save kicking the ball to A Hoillet, or B in the air and hope.

We need to get back to playing the ball on the floor again and using players to suit the style.

We blew it in Amsterdam when the lads started to believe their own publicity, but it was only the beginning of the season and not the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Llanedeyrnblue View Post
    Not if they keep sending us cheating refs we wont

And Pilkington should have been brought on not lazy Zohore
    Zohore was hardly lazy when he came on.

Pilkington should have come on though.

Two points off second place from the same number of games. Everything to play for. Of course you can go up. If I had to put any money on it I would plump for Villa to finish second but Cardiff are right in the mix

Thought Damour did well when he came on. Introduced some composure, ball control, passing. You know the things a midfielder should do!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post

totally agree with this post and to be honest i do not think we will go up,laing patterson grujic bamba div1 players at best,and liverpool must be laughing all the way to the bank!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Two points off second place from the same number of games. Everything to play for. Of course you can go up. If I had to put any money on it I would plump for Villa to finish second but Cardiff are right in the mix
    you are more positive than a lot of posters on here.Thanx

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    you are more positive than a lot of posters on here.Thanx
    Jeeps two points off top two. It’s not as good as it was pre Christmas but you are over that poor run. There will be lots of twists and turns over the news few months.

We dont like positivity around here, you really should know that

Jeeps two points off top two. It’s not as good as it was pre Christmas but you are over that poor run. There will be lots of twists and turns over the news few months.
    We are in a great place at the moment any thing can happen,just enjoying the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    We blew it in Amsterdam when the lads started to believe their own publicity, but it was only the beginning of the season and not the end.
    still not letting it go then

Was Wildschut injured? Cos NML is ****ing crap

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Thought Damour did well when he came on. Introduced some composure, ball control, passing. You know the things a midfielder should do!
    I can't remember who was in front of him but towards the end he was running towards the corner and instead of the player giving the option to play him in and run down the flank he just fecking stood there and waited for 2 players to outnumber damour

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    We dont like positivity around here, you really should know that

It amuses me. Anyone would think you were in a relegation battle.

If we play to our strengths, then we could go up automatically. Not a problem.

If we continue with this weird disjointed stuff from tonight, then we won't make the Play Offs.

Tonight was an odd one. I'll take the point and we go on to our home games.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I can't remember who was in front of him but towards the end he was running towards the corner and instead of the player giving the option to play him in and run down the flank he just fecking stood there and waited for 2 players to outnumber damour
    It was Manga, he’s the right back, it’s 1-1 he’s not going to take the risk of overlapping in the final few minutes

Yeah I saw Bennett do that a number of times with Junior. He just stood still behind him when he could/should have been making the run in behind him. So frustrating!

still not letting it go then
    It was a shocking decision to let the lads go on a jolly with 6 crucial games in 20 days coming up