+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: I cannot understand how NW left it so late to make changes.

I cannot understand how NW left it so late to make changes.

It was obvious at half time that there was problem.
    I presume he thought his pep talk would do the job.
    I was disappointed to see NML come out for the second half.

Nothing changed.....and still nothing changed...and still nothing changed.

Then we have Halford for Grujic
    Zohore for Madine
    and Damour for NML

From 30 minutes on nothing was done to change our tactics.

Re: I cannot understand how NW left it so late to make changes.

Totally agree, Warnock did nothing to win the game bar whinge.

As much as I sighed at the Damour and Halford subs, they actually made us better.

NW changes were too late - Madine had his face smashed in with no protection - ironically we should have won the game and none of us would have complained

I feel sorry for NML. I hope he doesnt read these forums. Ive criticised him as well. He looks a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season.

Id give him a couple of u23 games and then bring him back to the bench. Hes been a good signing but needs to be left out now.

Damour deserves a start again in the middle. I dont think Ralls was fit tonight. Its not all doom and gloom. Its the negativity tonight that frustrates me. They were hanging on in the end and we werent even playing that great. Zohore should have been on at half time and Pilkington should have made an appearance.

Harris was clearly the happier manager, They should have been taken tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I feel sorry for NML. I hope he doesnt read these forums. Ive criticised him as well. He looks a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season.

Id give him a couple of u23 games and then bring him back to the bench. Hes been a good signing but needs to be left out now.

Damour deserves a start again in the middle. I dont think Ralls was fit tonight. Its not all doom and gloom. Its the negativity tonight that frustrates me. They were hanging on in the end and we werent even playing that great. Zohore should have been on at half time and Pilkington should have made an appearance.

Agreed

NML is still a great player - he had a terrible off day and as of late his confidence has taken a real beating because he has been feeding from lazy long ball scraps...

if you don't play towards you top players strengths then you'll not only get the worst from them but they will start believing they aren't good enough

terrible today but I blame Warnock not NML

Quote Originally Posted by Blooburd View Post
    NML is still a great player - he had a terrible off day and as of late his confidence has taken a real beating because he has been feeding from lazy long ball scraps...

if you don't play towards you top players strengths then you'll not only get the worst from them but they will start believing they aren't good enough

terrible today but I blame Warnock not NML

Oh, c’mon. NML has never been a “great” player. He had a good start to the season when we we’re flying as a team but since October his performances have been worse than ours.
    Tonight he contributed nothing. He couldn’t control the ball, was inept in attack and defence, he was shockingly bad.
    Other than a couple of defensive runs he cannot claim to have been effective tonight and offerred nothing going forward.
    I believe the team are not now playing in a way that gets the best out of his game, but his lack of control, wayward passing are personal to him. He has to do better, contribute more.

Ya, agree, NML should have been subbed after 2 minutes.

Agreed another thing is how do you leave 2 players out of the 18 that just won 4-1 at Leeds and Pilkington doesn't get a chance after showing he can make a difference

All season we've been awful first half, and improved second half.

This didn't happen tonight.