+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The negativity on this board is ludicrous!

The negativity on this board is ludicrous!

just saying like!

We're well in the promotion mix, we need 20 points from 16 games to enter the lottery.

2 wins & 14 draws is good enough

Re: The negativity on this board is ludicrous!

Personally I thought we started well and could have been 2 up before they got into it.

The ref seemed to turn a blind eye to elbows and shoved from them, but penalise us for anything physical and after 20 minutes they got in top .

We were vulnerable to the ball over the top and NML offered little.

Madine was battered and our players had to show a lot of discipline and heart to stay in it.

2nd half was more even and for the last 10 we lay siege to them and really could have won it with chances at the end, not that we deserved all 3.

It's still a good point at a tough place to follow 3 at Leeds 6 days earlier.

Need to make it count now with 5 homes in the next 7

Thought Zohore looked sharp when he came on and hope Warnock thinks about giving him some time with Madine.

Good support from City and overall a decent atmosphere there with Millwall making more noise than most home sides.

Ground has an aura about it that I likes.

Millwall and Leeds in a week felt like going back a few years to when football had a bit more of an edge to it, pre- Sky.

Knackered after getting in at 3am though 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    just saying like!

We're well in the promotion mix, we need 20 points from 16 games to enter the lottery.

2 wins & 14 draws is good enough
    We do have the most miserable, pessimistic fans in the world NQAT. Every one of us would have said at the beginning of the season, if we get in the play offs, with all the money spent by the so called big sides, it would be a miracle. Well here we are sat nicely in the play offs having just gotten 4 points from 2 difficult away games. Give your head a wobble the lot of you

The beginning of the season is irrelevant. Targets and expectations can change as the season progresses.

We’ve spent over 10m ourselves so it won’t be that much of a miracle if we make the play offs above the likes of Sheffield United, Preston, Brentford.etc

Automatics would be a miracle given the money Wolves, Villa and Derby have spent but it’s not like the whole division have spent massively and we haven’t.

In terms of budget then play offs should be our target.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    The beginning of the season is irrelevant. Targets and expectations can change as the season progresses.

We’ve spent over 10m ourselves so it won’t be that much of a miracle if we make the play offs above the likes of Sheffield United, Preston, Brentford.etc

Automatics would be a miracle given the money Wolves, Villa and Derby have spent but it’s not like the whole division have spent massively and we haven’t.

In terms of budget then play offs should be our target.
    We are right in the mix then. So, as the OP stated. Why all the negativity on here?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    We are right in the mix then. So, as the OP stated. Why all the negativity on here?
    It’s a forum where people discuss the game. The good bits that we did, and the bad bits.

If Sol has a stinker then people have a right to say he has. He gets plaudits when he does well.

NML hasn’t had a good game for about 5 months and was woeful last night. When assessing the game it’s fair to ask why he was left on for so long and we didn’t even have Wildschut on the bench.

Can’t speak for everyonelse I said 4 points is a good return from 2 away games as long as we follow it up with a win Tuesday.

Has there been much negativity? Most of what I’m reading is anger and disbelief at the referee

My negativity is not down to the result or the way we battled in the last 10 minutes.

My negativity derives from the fact that we now refuse to pass the ****ing ball. We were 1-0 up and even then we just keep intentionally surrendering possession by smash the ball into the channels. It's been the same for months and it feels llike we're playing on a mudbath in 1975!

Much of the negativity has been borne out of frustration. If you contribute to the match thread then comments are in the here and now, as if sat on the terrace.
    The start we had looked like we could win the game comfortably but it didn't pan out that way with quite a few decisions not going our way, a couple of players not being at the races.
    Particularly Sol who was run ragged by Morrison especially 1st half, Paterson looking very average in midfield and NM-L just awful.

I said that I'd settle for a point with some way to go, mainly because we looked disjointed and couldn't keep the ball.
    A couple of substitutions, long over due IMO, changed that and we could and should have won the game.
    Overall a point there is a decent result with a couple of home games to come where hopefully we get a couple of "homers" for some sense of justice!

Negative ? - people on here - you amaze me !!.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    My negativity is not down to the result or the way we battled in the last 10 minutes.

My negativity derives from the fact that we now refuse to pass the ****ing ball. We were 1-0 up and even then we just keep intentionally surrendering possession by smash the ball into the channels. It's been the same for months and it feels llike we're playing on a mudbath in 1975!
    Your negativity derives from the fact that you are a very negative person as far as Cardiff City are concerned. Don't remember you posting anything positive on this board in recent months. Your posting levels also shot up during/after our bad run around Xmas, indicating to me that you actually enjoy it and were waiting for the opportunity to slag NW and City off. You are not alone in giving me this impression either.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Your negativity derives from the fact that you are a very negative person as far as Cardiff City are concerned. Don't remember you posting anything positive on this board in recent months. Your posting levels also shot up during/after our bad run around Xmas, indicating to me that you actually enjoy it and were waiting for the opportunity to slag NW and City off. You are not alone in giving me this impression either.
    On the contrary, my posting levels were very high at the beginning of the season when I was genuinely quite excited by the football I was witnessing.

I wasn't posting at all for a while after that when were absolutely dire and going through our worst run.

I've mustered the enthusiasm to post a bit more lately but I can't just agree with everything just because it's under the umbrella of Cardiff City.

I'm a Cardiff fan, I have been since 1989 and I'm not just here for bites. If I like what I see I will be the first to say, but if I think it's garbage I'll voice that too.

On the contrary, my posting levels were very high at the beginning of the season when I was genuinely quite excited by the football I was witnessing.

I wasn't posting at all for a while after that when were absolutely dire and going through our worst run.

I've mustered the enthusiasm to post a bit more lately but I can't just agree with everything just because it's under the umbrella of Cardiff City.

I'm a Cardiff fan, I have been since 1989 and I'm not just here for bites. If I like what I see I will be the first to say, but if I think it's garbage I'll voice that too.
    But what you are saying about City is blatantly wrong. We didnt beat Sunderland at home 4-0 or Leeds away 4-1 recently by playing long ball aimless football. Millwall tried to kick/elbow us off the park last night, so it was hardly surprising that the game wasnt a classic or that some players struggled - we still would have won if it hadnt been for the ref at the end. We have taken 8 points out of the last 12 and are clear in fourth place with only 16 games to go. There is nothing to be negative about really is there.

But what you are saying about City is blatantly wrong. We didnt beat Sunderland at home 4-0 or Leeds away 4-1 recently by playing long ball aimless football. Millwall tried to kick/elbow us off the park last night, so it was hardly surprising that the game wasnt a classic or that some players struggled - we still would have won if it hadnt been for the ref at the end. We have taken 8 points out of the last 12 and are clear in fourth place with only 16 games to go. There is nothing to be negative about really is there.

Sunderland were beyond garbage. We had a great result against Leeds, but last night we went 1-0 up and exerted absolutely no control over the game. At that level you should be able to take some of the fizz out of the game by keeping the ball and controlling the tempo. I'm sorry this upsets you.

Sunderland were beyond garbage. We had a great result against Leeds, but last night we went 1-0 up and exerted absolutely no control over the game. At that level you should be able to take some of the fizz out of the game by keeping the ball and controlling the tempo. I'm sorry this upsets you.
    So you criticise Cities good performance against Sunderland, including 4 excellent goals (3 from open passing plays) by saying that the away side were garbage. This is presumably because it dispells your argument that City are playing aimless long ball football. How about Leeds away then - that was obviously a lucky result against another garbage side in your eyes - three goals from quick open passing moves with crosses into the box. If we hadnt stood up to a very physical approach last night we would have lost and this deserves credit not criticism. I am actually enjoying following/watching City this season and that appears to be the big difference between us.

So you criticise Cities good performance against Sunderland, including 4 excellent goals (3 from open passing plays) by saying that the away side were garbage. This is presumably because it dispells your argument that City are playing aimless long ball football. How about Leeds away then - that was obviously a lucky result against another garbage side in your eyes - three goals from quick open passing moves with crosses into the box. If we hadnt stood up to a very physical approach last night we would have lost and this deserves credit not criticism. I am actually enjoying following/watching City this season and that appears to be the big difference between us.
    I share many of Gringo’s frustrations, but I’ll come at things a different way to him. I’m absolutely amazed that a side that can look as bereft of wit, creativity, elementary passing and ball control skills and poise as we often do are actually in with a chance of automatic promotion to the Premier League with two thirds of the season played. I tend to shy away from discussions along the lines of “this is the worst Championship ever” etc. but you have to wonder when you see how we have performed in so many of our matches over the past three months or so.

I can only think that we are where we are because we are very good when we don’t have the ball – we are hard to play against. Now, I can respect and even admire in a way a team set up like that, but such a team would not excite me – even if they were the side I had supported for fifty five years.

I’d be willing to bet an awful lot of money (easy to say when you don’t have it!) that ninety nine per cent of fans of a team or just the game in general got into football because of what they saw when a player or team had possession of the ball. I daresay those who earn their living from the game and owe their continued employment to how they can cobble things together so their team win enough points to keep the money men satisfied derive enjoyment from seeing their team win by being efficient and organised when they don’t have the ball, but supporters want more than that – they always have done and they always will.

Neil Warnock says that he wants to see thrills and spills and oohs and ahs in matches his side plays – he talks about getting in plenty of crosses and shots and not wanting to see any tippy, tappy passing along his back four. I’d be happy with that, in fact, I was happy with that, because that was what we got a lot of during his first year in charge when we attacked with pace, directness and no little skill.

However, in Warnock’s second year so far, much of that attacking verve has vanished and these days when it comes to attacking flair, you’ve got no chance unless Junior Hoilett is on his game (which, thankfully, he is quite often),– but we are so poor at playing the sort of passes he wants, the sort of passes which might play Kenneth Zohore back into form, that he can become as anonymous as he was for long spells of the middle third of the game last night.

I far more enjoy talking and writing about City when we are playing like we did up to the second international break this season, but I can only say what I believe and, while we are not quite back in 2014/15 Russell Slade territory yet, we are getting closer to it I’m afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    We do have the most miserable, pessimistic fans in the world NQAT. Every one of us would have said at the beginning of the season, if we get in the play offs, with all the money spent by the so called big sides, it would be a miracle. Well here we are sat nicely in the play offs having just gotten 4 points from 2 difficult away games. Give your head a wobble the lot of you
    Take a look at other forums. They're all the same pretty much. If you're not in a bar and on a forum instead, you're going to be miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Louth View Post
    Take a look at other forums. They're all the same pretty much. If you're not in a bar and on a forum instead, you're going to be miserable.
    I wasnt and am still not in a bar, I am on this forum and yet am not miserable or negative about City, so thats your theory disproved.

I think you make a very good point , their physical approach did somewhat effect the ability to distribute effectively, they have drawn 12 games , let's hope the draw the last 3 games of the season against Brizzies , Fulham and villa

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I share many of Gringo’s frustrations, but I’ll come at things a different way to him. I’m absolutely amazed that a side that can look as bereft of wit, creativity, elementary passing and ball control skills and poise as we often do are actually in with a chance of automatic promotion to the Premier League with two thirds of the season played. I tend to shy away from discussions along the lines of “this is the worst Championship ever” etc. but you have to wonder when you see how we have performed in so many of our matches over the past three months or so.

I can only think that we are where we are because we are very good when we don’t have the ball – we are hard to play against. Now, I can respect and even admire in a way a team set up like that, but such a team would not excite me – even if they were the side I had supported for fifty five years.

I’d be willing to bet an awful lot of money (easy to say when you don’t have it!) that ninety nine per cent of fans of a team or just the game in general got into football because of what they saw when a player or team had possession of the ball. I daresay those who earn their living from the game and owe their continued employment to how they can cobble things together so their team win enough points to keep the money men satisfied derive enjoyment from seeing their team win by being efficient and organised when they don’t have the ball, but supporters want more than that – they always have done and they always will.

Neil Warnock says that he wants to see thrills and spills and oohs and ahs in matches his side plays – he talks about getting in plenty of crosses and shots and not wanting to see any tippy, tappy passing along his back four. I’d be happy with that, in fact, I was happy with that, because that was what we got a lot of during his first year in charge when we attacked with pace, directness and no little skill.

However, in Warnock’s second year so far, much of that attacking verve has vanished and these days when it comes to attacking flair, you’ve got no chance unless Junior Hoilett is on his game (which, thankfully, he is quite often),– but we are so poor at playing the sort of passes he wants, the sort of passes which might play Kenneth Zohore back into form, that he can become as anonymous as he was for long spells of the middle third of the game last night.

I far more enjoy talking and writing about City when we are playing like we did up to the second international break this season, but I can only say what I believe and, while we are not quite back in 2014/15 Russell Slade territory yet, we are getting closer to it I’m afraid.
    We played the way we did yesterday because of the way Millwall approached the game and if we hadn't we probably would have lost. You seem to have become very depressed by the fact City lost four or five games in a row around Christmas and your usually excellent posts have deteriorated into negativity. To say that we are going back towards the Slade days is plainly ridiculous. Why cant people just accept that our team is giving everything to stay in the promotion race and we should back them to the hilt. Moaning on about the way we are playing is becoming exceedingly boring and you are not the only one guilty of this but what are you hoping to achieve ?. I go to games and enjoy myself come what may. Saying that we havent played good football all season is plain wrong. If people dislike the way the team plays and the tactics of the manager so much then the answer is simple - stop supporting them or going to matches. Everyone would have a much more enjoyable time as a result.

I wasnt and am still not in a bar, I am on this forum and yet am not miserable or negative about City, so thats your theory disproved.
    I was talking about a %

We played the way we did yesterday because of the way Millwall approached the game and if we hadn't we probably would have lost. You seem to have become very depressed by the fact City lost four or five games in a row around Christmas and your usually excellent posts have deteriorated into negativity. To say that we are going back towards the Slade days is plainly ridiculous. Why cant people just accept that our team is giving everything to stay in the promotion race and we should back them to the hilt. Moaning on about the way we are playing is becoming exceedingly boring and you are not the only one guilty of this but what are you hoping to achieve ?. I go to games and enjoy myself come what may. Saying that we havent played good football all season is plain wrong. If people dislike the way the team plays and the tactics of the manager so much then the answer is simple - stop supporting them or going to matches. Everyone would have a much more enjoyable time as a result.
    Yep and that why we hoofed the ball forward against Man City, Preston, Fulham, Mansfield home, Sheffield Wednesday and Bolton away too cos they all play exactly like Millwall!!!

We played that way cos that is how we play. We play Patterson in midfield cos we don't have any desire to play through the midfield. We played Peltier there against QPR ffs.

We clearly have completely polarised views when it comes to football but in my opinion you're probably only saying these things cos it's Cardiff City. You're like a a guy whose missus is shagging all your mates but you're so blinded you think she can do no wrong!

If I came through 2014/15 still supporting the team, then I can cope with the increasingly aimless stuff this season - Cardiff City are my team and if I stopped going just because I wasn't enjoying games, I would have seen about a quarter of the matches I have attended in the past fifty five years, but I've never been one for "keep the, blind, faith" and I never will be.

Also, where do I say we have not played good football this season? In fact, I say quite the opposite and my "negativity" stems from the fact that we are unable, or perhaps unwilling, to play the sort of exciting stuff we saw in the first couple of months of this season and for much of the second half of 16/17.

Lately, we have been playing a lot of what I called "crash, bang, wallop" football in my piece on the Millwall game and we seem to be buying players who are likely to take us further down that route - it's no coincidence that reports on and conversations about some of our recent matches have contained boxing allusions.

Yep and that why we hoofed the ball forward against Man City, Preston, Fulham, Mansfield home, Sheffield Wednesday and Bolton away too cos they all play exactly like Millwall!!!

We played that way cos that is how we play. We play Patterson in midfield cos we don't have any desire to play through the midfield. We played Peltier there against QPR ffs.

We clearly have completely polarised views when it comes to football but in my opinion you're probably only saying these things cos it's Cardiff City. You're like a a guy whose missus is shagging all your mates but you're so blinded you think she can do no wrong!
    And you are like a guy who's team are fourth in the league with a good chance of promotion, when everyone predicted that they would finish mid table at best, who thinks that they can do no right and is constantly wittering on about the standard of football they are playing. If you look back to your earlier posts you clearly state that this year Warnock has gone backwards compared to last year and thats absolute rubbish looking at the league table and points gained. Peltier played in midfield against QPR because we didnt have anyother players available due to injuries. For your sake lets hope that we dont get promotion this season as you probably couldnt stomach the success based on such an abysmal level of performance and there would be much wailing and hand wringing on how we dont deserve to be there.

The negativity on the pitch is a greater cause for concern.