Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
There are two sentences in your above post that I want to challenge. The first sentence is that "Most fans just want a team who will give their all and we can't say we haven't got that."

I'm not sure that is strictly true these days otherwise our crowds would probably be a lot higher. I for one don't watch football to watch a bunch of work horses running around playing kick and rush football. We should expect 100% effort as a given but what most people want to see is players do things that we couldn't see in local football.

As football fans we've been exposed to football like Serie A and nowadays La Liga and we expect a bit more than big guys running about.

The second statement I'd like to dispute is "We could always go back to aimless passing with Trollope and a relegation battle."

Just because Trollope failed doesn't mean that the next manager who tries to adopt the same style will also be doomed to the same fate.

One thing I will say is that Warnock stays here for anymore windows and they follow the same pattern as the January window where he spends the majority of our budget on big limited footballers then it will be extremely difficult for the next manager to change things.
I would really hope that we haven't as a fan base turned into one that only accepts tippy tapping and from the ones I know and that goes into the hundreds I would not say that was the case.

As for changing it, you pretty much said it yourself. We haven't got the personnel to do so.

By the way Trollope's football was not only inaffective, it was shit. Most boring rubbish I have ever seen and I'd say the low crowds were more to do with the 2-3 years of garbage under Trollope, Slade and Ole than the last 12 months of direct but entertaining football from Warnock. Hence the increase of many thousands on what it was with the others