+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The refereeing in Rugby

Re: The refereeing in Rugby

Quote Originally Posted by DubaiDai View Post
    Difference was disgraceful wasted kicking from Gareth Davies. Time and again simply passed possession to England.
    You ever watched Wales before?

Quote Originally Posted by Arfur Europe View Post
    Considering the all conquering, untouchable, world beating Saes were going to smash our reserves out of sight at their place, it turns out that they're absolutely miles away from where they think are.

A fairer ref might've seen us beat the Chosen Ones.

Reminds me of their football team and their media a lot.

Da iawn Cymru

Bow down to you.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Fair play to Wales, had a really good go and if they'd had a little luck could have won it.

Patchell played well but Halfpenny would have scored 2 pens. If my auntie etc...

Disappointing but enjoyable game nonetheless.
    Considering the number of injuries to our top players today was very encouraging. We really are not at all far behind England. Anscombe was a revelation at ten. Shingler superb again as was Cory Hill. The defensive effort was superb. That TMO decision was pathetic.
    Had Halfpenny played three penalties in the first half could have been slotted. It may well have been very different.

Pearcey, that was a good attempt at placing lipstick on a pig. However, 0 tries scored is the tell. Wales women's egg team lost to England today as well. They scored 0 tries too.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Pearcey, that was a good attempt at placing lipstick on a pig. However, 0 tries scored is the tell. Wales women's egg team lost to England today as well. They scored 0 tries too.
    Get a grip Oggy. We had a perfectly good try ruled out and had Halfpenny played those first half penalties wouldn’t have been kicked to touch. They would have been converted. England are slightly better than us at the moment and no more than that.

DVtTUA8W4AIxqAO.jpg

Great photo,thats a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Get a grip Oggy. We had a perfectly good try ruled out and had Halfpenny played those first half penalties wouldn’t have been kicked to touch. They would have been converted. England are slightly better than us at the moment and no more than that.
    Difficult to say that if Lee Halfpenny had played that we would have won but getting points on the board early may well have made a difference.

As it was, Wales played some really good stuff with ball in hand. As has been mentioned, kicking back down their throats instead of finding touch was key, though we weren't punished as much as we could have been in terms of points.

Sure, rugby is about crossing the opposition line and we did not.
    However, I think that Wales will look back with some satisfaction after a performance few had given hope of only a fortnight ago.

Some beauties posting in this thread! Shitpeas face it your Tiny brain can't comprehend the rules of rugby doesn't mean the rest of can't and Morgan professes to hate rugby yet is very keen to post on any rugby thread any welsh man/women who doesn't want wales to win is not really welsh imo

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Difficult to say that if Lee Halfpenny had played that we would have won but getting points on the board early may well have made a difference.

As it was, Wales played some really good stuff with ball in hand. As has been mentioned, kicking back down their throats instead of finding touch was key, though we weren't punished as much as we could have been in terms of points.

Sure, rugby is about crossing the opposition line and we did not.
    However, I think that Wales will look back with some satisfaction after a performance few had given hope of only a fortnight ago.
    I think halfpenny Would've made a difference in his positional play and would've stopped England pinning us down

Footage now clearly shows Hartley spitting on one of the Welsh players. He would have been in deep trouble had the offence been seen by the officials. It’s beginning to look like England got away with it big time

There was another refereeing howler. The 2nd England try...

The ref blew for a try well before the ball was grounded... I think that means the ball goes dead therefore not a try!!!

Footage now clearly shows Hartley spitting on one of the Welsh players. He would have been in deep trouble had the offence been seen by the officials. It’s beginning to look like England got away with it big time
    I missed that in the match just watched it he should be banned.

Expect a letter from my lawyer Pearcey. I did no such thing.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Expect a letter from my lawyer Pearcey. I did no such thing.

You’re a bad boy Dylan

You’re a bad boy Dylan

Quote Originally Posted by Porth Pouncer View Post
    There was another refereeing howler. The 2nd England try...

The ref blew for a try well before the ball was grounded... I think that means the ball goes dead therefore not a try!!!
    I noticed when they showed the angle behind the goal line they quickly went off has he was sliding without actually grounding the ball so couldn't tell if he actually did in the end

International

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Far, far superior to football.

20 man brawl, ref just lets them get on with it, then calls the 2 captains and says too many involved to pick out indivuals so he’ll let it slide but enoughs enough now, sort your boys out and let’s get on with the game.

Great refereeing
    I don't think it really helped that one of the players in the middle of the melee was the Welsh Captain lol
    But as one of the commentators said "Handbags"

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Some beauties posting in this thread! Shitpeas face it your Tiny brain can't comprehend the rules of rugby doesn't mean the rest of can't and Morgan professes to hate rugby yet is very keen to post on any rugby thread any welsh man/women who doesn't want wales to win is not really welsh imo
    Kid yourself, but don't try to bullshit me.

The real 'beauts' yesterday had their eyes fixed on TV screens while sat in pubs, clubs and homes throughout South Wales when they became ridiculously nationalistic Welsh patriots for the day before reverting to what they really are which is Anglophiles who, overwhelmingly, have no interest whatsoever in their country's language, history or culture to instead embrace England's at every turn. To them Welshness consists of watching 15 blokes on the box playing in red 10 times each year. That's their idea of Welshness to the exclusion of everything else. Many of them are so idle (and frankly dull) that they're unaware of or unwilling to correctly pronounce the places where they reside. (Llandaf = Landaf, for feck's sake, is a good example.)

Vacuous, superficial Welsh identity fakeness built upon unimportant circuses has become the norm since the advent of international rugby games being broadcast live. I might be wrong but I'd bet a large amount that you'd fit the plastic Taff profile to a tee.

The real 'beauts' yesterday had their eyes fixed on TV screens while sat in pubs, clubs and homes throughout South Wales when they became ridiculously nationalistic Welsh patriots for the day before reverting to what they really are which is Anglophiles who, overwhelmingly, have no interest whatsoever in their country's language, history or culture to instead embrace England's at every turn. To them Welshness consists of watching 15 blokes on the box playing in red 10 times each year. That's their idea of Welshness to the exclusion of everything else. Many of them are so idle (and frankly dull) that they're unaware of or unwilling to correctly pronounce the places where they reside. (Llandaf = Landaf, for feck's sake, is a good example.)

Vacuous, superficial Welsh identity fakeness built upon unimportant circuses has become the norm since the advent of international rugby games being broadcast live. I might be wrong but I'd bet a large amount that you'd fit the plastic Taff profile to a tee.
    Well said.

You'll lose a lot of money then although I can't disagree with a lot you said but don't paint everyone with the same brush football fans are just the same there's a lot of cuts and there's some decent ones

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    You'll lose a lot of money then although I can't disagree with a lot you said but don't paint everyone with the same brush football fans are just the same there's a lot of cuts and there's some decent ones
    Absolutely. It’s ridiculous to suggest everyone who has an interest in the national rugby team has no concern about the identity, culture, history and language of the country.

Yes, it would be ridiculous. That's why I qualified those remarks with 'overwhelmingly'.

Yes, it would be ridiculous. That's why I qualified those remarks with 'overwhelmingly'.
    If you say. So are you suggesting football fans are any different?

I have no angst towards Welsh people who don't give a monkey's chuff about their heritage because, after all, where one's born is just an accident of birth. What gets my goat is the insincere frauds who pretend otherwise on selective days.

I have no angst towards Welsh people who don't give a monkey's chuff about their heritage because, after all, where one's born is just an accident of birth. What gets my goat is the insincere frauds who pretend otherwise on selective days.
    Ok.So your response in answer to my question is?