Neil Warnock rightly unhappy with the referee, but pleased overall

More...

Neil Warnock (on the referee mostly)

His initial comments direct to Sky

"I just think it is appalling at this level. He's [Keith Stroud] looking at the ball when Sol scores and when Bennett goes down he's looking. He doesn't look at Bennett, he looks at the ball. It goes through, he's going to shoot and then he blows - I don't accept that.

"He's an experienced referee and I feel really let down tonight. I think the official has cost us the game tonight - it's an absolute disgrace. We're fighting to get into the Premier League - two major decisions and he's got them both wrong."

C:WindowsTempphpD9E3.tmp

Followed by the press conference comments.

"What can you say. He’s had a bad day at the office hasn’t he. I like Keith, I think he’s a good ref, but tonight his concentration levels must have been minus.

"Not just the goal he’s disallowed, which I can accept if he blows straight away when (Bennett) goes down, but he looks where the ball’s gone, carries on, looks and looks as Bamba is kicking it he blows. It’s just…...he’ll be distraught, but that’s no good to us.

"He’ll get another game next week but we don’t get….(sighs)..you work hard all week and then two decisions. Because it’s an obvious penalty when he moves his arm towards the ball. Two decisions in a matter of seconds.

"I thought we were super second-half; they had a spell when Gary (Madine) had his nose smashed where we just wanted to fight, but we can’t do that at Millwall in their own back yard, we had to start playing again and calm them down and we were super in the second-half. How we didn’t score other goals, I don’t know, but I’m really pleased."

Neil Harris

"With the split decision, has he got it right? Has he got it wrong? That might be one that has gone in our favour. We'll certainly take it if it has because we've had so many go against us this year so I can understand Neil's frustration to a certain level.

"I thought it was a great game of football, a real great advert for the Championship, English football. Blood, thunder, set-plays, efforts on goal, a huge amount of effort in the game. For 25 minutes in the first half leading up to half-time, we showed our real quality as a football club. I thought we fully deserved to be back on terms following the disappointing start."