+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This won’t be popular

This won’t be popular

But fook me, the Swans are putting up some fight to stay in the top flight.
    6 weeks ago I was convinced they were doomed, and hoping it was the start of a free fall. With any luck, they’ll get dragged back in, but let’s be fair, 10/10 for battling qualities.

Re: This won’t be popular

Anyone know if their "fans" still want their club back? Or are they happy again?

Yeah I was convinced they were going down.

It will be interesting what happens in the summer there whatever league they are in.

They needed players like Bony out. Hes now long term injured on high wages along with Fer.

Long term theyve got a lot of problems and the fall is coming unless their owners get bought out.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    6 weeks ago I was convinced they were doomed, and hoping it was the start of a free fall. With any luck, they’ll get dragged back in, but let’s be fair, 10/10 for battling qualities.
    Yes, their 10-0-0 formation to stop teams playing, then get a bit of luck at the other end is working a treat. Leicester should have beaten them, Burnley probably as well. Arsenal gifted them the game while Liverpool thought they just had to turn up. Let's not forget they sent their first team to a fortunate draw at Notts County.

Swansea are getting the rub of the green big time at the moment. It won't last, but their confidence is up.

Beating Arsneal , Liverpool is no mean achievement, they are constantly being hammered on here , but hey they went up and stayed up ,a few lessons to be learned ,and well done for this recovery its been impressive .

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Beating Arsneal , Liverpool is no mean achievement, they are constantly being hammered on here , but hey they went up and stayed up ,a few lessons to be learned ,and well done for this recovery its been impressive .
    Credit where credit is due.
    They have started to turn around what looked like a hopeless situation.
    However, they are hardly out of the mire and it would only take a couple of results for them to be in a difficult position again.
    The relegation dog fight , this year, looks to include about half of the Premiership. However, based on current circumstances Huddersfield and WBA look like they have a lot to do. Brighton are looking vulnerable as are Stoke but all to play for. Certainly far more interesting to the neutral than Man City and their amble to the title.

I hope they go down, but Ive bet a fair whack on them to stay up. I’ve done this for a few years and it has so far paid for my season ticket.⚽️

I don’t mind them staying up if we can get up too. I’ve really missed the buzz of the derby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yes, their 10-0-0 formation to stop teams playing, then get a bit of luck at the other end is working a treat. Leicester should have beaten them, Burnley probably as well. Arsenal gifted them the game while Liverpool thought they just had to turn up. Let's not forget they sent their first team to a fortunate draw at Notts County.

Swansea are getting the rub of the green big time at the moment. It won't last, but their confidence is up.
    Try to sound less bitter Eric. Two huge wins against Liverpool and Arsenal and 6 points on the board. Whether those wins were ugly or lucky is a moot point, Swansea are 15th and still in the cup.

The have found a way to win. Fair play to them the peg selling tw*ts.

I was one who said their choice of manager seemed ok when everyone laughed..

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    He is a good manager. Was having a below average season with Sheffield but his record has been decent over the last 2/3 seasons.
    I was hoping he’d be out of his depth but somewhere in the back of my mind I thought he was going to do well at Swansea and he certainly has started well.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    He is a good manager. Was having a below average season with Sheffield but his record has been decent over the last 2/3 seasons.
    I was hoping he’d be out of his depth but somewhere in the back of my mind I thought he was going to do well at Swansea and he certainly has started well.
    They suit how he plays I think

Wait till this time next year. I agree with you he seemed a good fit and said so at the time. So far so good. Come the summer and they sign him a load of players he doesn't want then we shall see. Of more interest could be if he's allowed to sign his own players cause that was a reason given in his getting the sack at Wednesday. The new manager bounce won't work for ever. They are going to have to trust a managers transfer policy eventually. Last thing I will say he was pretty unlucky with injuries at Wednesday this season.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Wait till this time next year. I agree with you he seemed a good fit and said so at the time. So far so good. Come the summer and they sign him a load of players he doesn't want then we shall see. Of more interest could be if he's allowed to sign his own players cause that was a reason given in his getting the sack at Wednesday. The new manager bounce won't work for ever. They are going to have to trust a managers transfer policy eventually. Last thing I will say he was pretty unlucky with injuries at Wednesday this season.
    Have to agree with all of that.

Have to agree with all of that.
    Your fivers in the post

Still tight down there and results have give against them so far today. FTJ.

I did too. I always rated Carvahal and I don't know what went wrong at Wednesday this season

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    Your fivers in the post

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I did too. I always rated Carvahal and I don't know what went wrong at Wednesday this season
    Nor me.

Maybe when results weren't going their way some players didn't have the fight in them..Don't take long to lose the dressing room then. All speculation obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Injuries I think this season. A lack of cutting edge the last 2. Could play teams off the park sometimes but not finish them off.

because they play on the floor,they can switch to plan b,hoof ball there is no plan b,just take a girraffe off for another girraffe .

You sound like Leroy Rosenior.

How can a grown man be so biased?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post

Do you think on their forum they refer to us as the "Bluebirds"? Wheyyy too cosy calling them that for my liking!