+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One thing I found very worrying in Friday

One thing I found very worrying in Friday

Total lack of communication between some of our players.

At one corner Grujic was begging ( I think Patterson) to tell him where to go and who to mark.
    Millwall had. Virtual free header.

When Millwall hit the bar Bamba and Grujic had a man each, but Bamba didn't take responsibility and assign Grujic to his man. They both ended up a yard off their man.

These are basics.

Manga was yards off Gregory for their goal - marking fresh air until he saw the danger too late.

Is maybe Grujic's English not that good perhaps ?

Re: One thing I found very worrying in Friday

You were at the game obviously so didn’t have the advantage of seen by replays but their goal was caused by Bamba rather than Manga.

He got pulled into a ridiculous position by Steve Morrison, almost on the touch line, up by the half way line, so Sean Morrison had to leave Gregory and run across to cover leaving both centre half’s well out of position.

Gregory exploited this and made a great run to be fair (I thought his off the ball running and movement was excellent all night) and so very harsh to blame Manga IMO

Well it seems to me that other more experienced players are not delivering thier responsibilities.

Surely pointing and hand on the shoulder are universal accepted communications.

The whole game seemed a strange one very disjointed, not much team togetherness, endless mistakes , weired substitutions and team / squad
    selections , how the hell did we got a point, and nearly stole a win is beyond me .

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    You were at the game obviously so didn’t have the advantage of seen by replays but their goal was caused by Bamba rather than Manga.

He got pulled into a ridiculous position by Steve Morrison, almost on the touch line, up by the half way line, so Sean Morrison had to leave Gregory and run across to cover leaving both centre half’s well out of position.

Gregory exploited this and made a great run to be fair (I thought his off the ball running and movement was excellent all night) and so very harsh to blame Manga IMO
    Yeah, only what I saw at the time. Haven't looked closely at it since.
    Just seemed to me that Manga was slow to react.

I wondered where Bamba had gone.

They seemed to have an extra man in that left hand side all through their dominant period in the first half

I don't think we should be man marking you need to trust the players will cover their space after 15 mins Morrison realised wherever he went bamba did also so pulled him out of position

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I don't think we should be man marking you need to trust the players will cover their space after 15 mins Morrison realised wherever he went bamba did also so pulled him out of position
    Between the 20th and 70th minute we made Morrison look like Harry Kane

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yeah, only what I saw at the time. Haven't looked closely at it since.
    Just seemed to me that Manga was slow to react.

I wondered where Bamba had gone.

They seemed to have an extra man in that left hand side all through their dominant period in the first half
    I thought the same live, how did he get so much space, and initially blamed Manga myself but then they analized it half time and it was a well worked goal to be fair but all stemmed from Bamba being pulled out of position.

Was million percent Bambas fault no way he needed to run all the way out there!!!!

I think they were all bothered by Morrison presence , and didn't fancy marking him or upsetting him , he was giving them all the steely eye, was nattering away at them ,think they got scared and simply stayed well away , it's not like he was born with natural pace and gifted time on the ball ,strangely we allowed that appearance to appear.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I think they were all bothered by Morrison presence , and didn't fancy marking him or upsetting him , he was giving them all the steely eye, was nattering away at them ,think they got scared and simply stayed well away , it's not like he was born with natural pace and gifted time on the ball ,strangely we allowed that appearance to appear.
    He’s a horrible ****. There’s a video on twitter of him totally ignoring the kids trying to high five him and get his attention as he’s walking down the tunnel after the game.

About Lee Gregory.. I rate him. He's a nuisance obviously but I think he's pretty good on top of that.. Plays a role. Doesn't excuse our lack of communication but he is pretty street wise. Decent striker. Part of me thought Warnock might be in for him.

At one corner Grujic was begging ( I think Patterson) to tell him where to go and who to mark.

When Millwall hit the bar Bamba and Grujic had a man each, but Bamba didn't take responsibility and assign Grujic to his man. They both ended up a yard off their man.

These are basics.

Manga was yards off Gregory for their goal - marking fresh air until he saw the danger too late.

I think you better start drinking more Tim , You're taking it to serious.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I think you better start drinking more Tim , You're taking it to serious.
    Definitely needed my wits about me on Friday Tony

These are basics.

don't know about that but his football so far has been shite,seems to think he does not have to break sweat!

These are basics.

Watch Manga - he is frequently in the wrong position and would get torn to shreds in the Prem

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    About Lee Gregory.. I rate him. He's a nuisance obviously but I think he's pretty good on top of that.. Plays a role. Doesn't excuse our lack of communication but he is pretty street wise. Decent striker. Part of me thought Warnock might be in for him.
    He impressed me Friday night, Joe. Thought his movement was very good.

He impressed me Friday night, Joe. Thought his movement was very good.
    Yes. More to come from him I think. We will see how he gets on.