+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SLADE GONE- AGAIN

SLADE GONE- AGAIN

Sacked by Grimsby after no wins in nine games.

Re: SLADE GONE- AGAIN

No wins in 12 actually. They were more than capable for an hour yesterday though. Whatever that means.

Poor Tandy. He'll be gutted.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Poor Tandy. He'll be gutted.
    Cuddling an emotional Slade as we speak

Grimbsy fans are taking it badly

He will go to skegness for 2 weeks in his caravan then he will be back in work.

Bristol City maybe.

It's unseemly to derive pleasure from someone losing their employment.

But as it's Russell Slade then feck it.

He was our manager at the end of 15/16, and since then he's been at Charlton, Coventry and Grimsby and been sacked, I think, from all three. Going to be tough for him to get a job after that. Having said that though, all three of those were difficult jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by cardiff55 View Post
    He was our manager at the end of 15/16, and since then he's been at Charlton, Coventry and Grimsby and been sacked, I think, from all three. Going to be tough for him to get a job after that. Having said that though, all three of those were difficult jobs.
    And yet all of those clubs are doing better since he was sacked, ourselves included.

He’s a dinosaur from a bygone era who thinks inspirational quotes from Churchill are more important than tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    And yet all of those clubs are doing better since he was sacked, ourselves included.

He’s a dinosaur from a bygone era who thinks inspirational quotes from Churchill are more important than tactics.
    He steadied the ship at Cardiff in a tough time for the club. If it wasn't for Tandy I don't think we'd have a problem with him on here

Besides, he's already found a new job

I thought he would do a decent job somewhere in the lower leagues though?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He steadied the ship at Cardiff in a tough time for the club. If it wasn't for Tandy I don't think we'd have a problem with him on here

Hi did

I belive He came in with the brief to steady the ship and cut costs, he did a good job at doing that, fair play

You actually hate him don't you

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by dembethewarrior View Post
    You actually hate him don't you
    Hates a strong word but I think the guy is a total fraud and needs to be exposed

Hates a strong word but I think the guy is a total fraud and needs to be exposed
    I find it all amusing to be honest mate

I find it all amusing to be honest mate
    You wouldn’t be laughing if you were a Grimsby fan mate! Well not until today anyway.

You wouldn’t be laughing if you were a Grimsby fan mate! Well not until today anyway.
    I was getting at your dislike for him being amusing to read in here

You are right though, poor Grimsby fans, bad enough living there without having him manage the local team.

I was getting at your dislike for him being amusing to read in here

Not a patch on someones dislike to " Our Ash " though

Increasingly it's looking like steering us to eighth in the Championship in the promotion challenge that never felt like a promotion challenge is going to represent the pinnacle of his managerial career.

Curtis Woodhouse was on twitter last night bemonaing his old gaffer losing his job. I went to put him right on a few things but remembered hes a proffesional boxer who doesnt think twice of hunting down any trolls in person, so ill stick to venting my Slade spleen on here.

Why doesn't it surprise me that Tonteg Bluebird is his biggest fan!

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Why doesn't it surprise me that Tonteg Bluebird is his biggest fan!
    The same guy who said Alex Revell was going to be unsung hero, and anyone that didnt rate him, and acknowledge what he brings the team, didnt know their football. 'Nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by ninianclark View Post
    I was thinking - how can he still go on getting jobs as a professional football manager.

I think the one thing he has going for him is that he is a nice bloke, a nice fella who will get along with the chairman, work for peanuts and turn your team into a dull side who will bore other teams to a draw as well as send your fans to sleep.

So for some mid table League 2 teams, this would be enough, low wages, no relegation, just serving up cheap fodder football that wouldnt inspire a damp rag.

Good luck in your next job Russ, just dont go anywhere near Wrexham or Newport please
    Hes just a cheap yes man who always gets found out in the end. This isnt the 90s anymore where everyone plays 442 and uses the same tactics. The games moved on and that dinosaur hasnt.

But he must have mad a few quid getting paid off by four clubs in less than two years?