+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Groves v Eubank Jnr

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Groves v Eubank Jnr

Groves wont get hit as hard as this. That's for sure.

Tuck your chin in Georgie boy, a gift for Froch. I would've loved to have seen Calzaghe punish Froch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Tuck your chin in Georgie boy, a gift for Froch. I would've loved to have seen Calzaghe punish Froch.
    As much as gift that might be Froch spaced it perfectly. You cant tuck you're neck in as well. Groves all over the shop.

Agree I would have liked to see Calzaghe v Froch.

Quote Originally Posted by joecity View Post
    As much as gift that might be Froch spaced it perfectly. You cant tuck you're neck in as well. Groves all over the shop.

Agree I would have liked to see Calzaghe v Froch.
    Groves was countered, didn't protect himself at all. Calzaghe would've schooled Froch after about four rounds.

Groves was countered, didn't protect himself at all. Calzaghe would've schooled Froch after about four rounds.
    That's as maybe but Joe Calzaghe couldn't lamp someone out like that. My only and dare I say petty complaint about him. I reckon if he could he would be considered more highly. A shame. A career defining KO eluded him.

That's as maybe but Joe Calzaghe couldn't lamp someone out like that. My only and dare I say petty complaint about him. I reckon if he could he would be considered more highly. A shame. A career defining KO eluded him.
    Also the amount of 'slappy' punches he threw. I like him don't get me wrong. A champion.

Joe had bad hands, he could bang in his early days, Froch wouldn't have lived with joe, his style was made for him, also had a granite chin, joe could switch hit, had brilliant foot work, could punch from angles and those slaps hurt, especially a four punch combo. On his day, Calzaghe would've beaten anyone at 160 and I include Roy jones at his peak and Andre Ward.

Joe had bad hands, he could bang in his early days, Froch wouldn't have lived with joe, his style was made for him, also had a granite chin, joe could switch hit, had brilliant foot work, could punch from angles and those slaps hurt, especially a four punch combo. On his day, Calzaghe would've beaten anyone at 160 and I include Roy jones at his peak and Andre Ward.
    I agree with you up until you said Jr at his peak. Not for me. Reckon Eubank Snr would have had way too much for him if they had met earlier as well. Joe couldn't put them tough guys away. I don't wanna detract from him but there you are.