Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
Following on from the thread about our fans being negative I was thinking about Lawnmower's comments regarding our fans preferring a player who is perhaps technically limited but gives 100% to someone who is exciting but is not always perceived to give his all.
(Disclaimer I know the two are not always mutually exclusive and this is just a bit of fun)

But what would you prefer to pay to watch:-

A) players in the mould of Jason Perry, Willie Boland, Don Cowie, Super Kev, Ben Turner, Sol Bamba, Lee Peltier etc - not great on the ball but always guaranteed that they will gives 100% for the cause.

Or

B) players in the mould of Nathan Blake, Jason Fowler, Jason Bowen, Jay Bothroyd, Jason Koumas, Kenneth Zohore - sometimes perceived a bit lazy amd disinterested but can change the game in a flash.

For me its option B every time.
Our fanbase would love a team of A's, until they saw the results. Having said that, a team of B's would be infuriating to watch week in, week out. They could blow teams away one week, and then get turned over the next. Basically, see the Dave Jones years.