+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swings and roundabouts. ...

Swings and roundabouts. ...

Yes that should have been a goal for Bamba.
    Yes Junior's goal at QPR should have stood.
    Yes Bamba was offside scoring against Hull.
    Shit rwds and linos are everywhere...and not just out to get us.

Re: Swings and roundabouts. ...

Refs

They say these decisions even themselves up over the course of the season, so hopefully we are due a few to go our way.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    They say these decisions even themselves up over the course of the season, so hopefully we are due a few to go our way.
    I've always considered that statement to be bollocks if I'm honest. If you look at our year in the premier league for example it was borderline embarrassing how many decisions went against us cos we were playing against clubs that were bigger than us.

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    I've always considered that statement to be bollocks if I'm honest. If you look at our year in the premier league for example it was borderline embarrassing how many decisions went against us cos we were playing against clubs that were bigger than us.
    Lloris - Handball outside the box
    Rooney - Red card first 5 minutes
    Etoo - scoring out of Marshalls kick.
    Skertl - 2 penalties

Marshall hadling outside box v Chelsea

I make that 5-1 just off the top of my head. All of them were pretty blatant as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Skertl - 2 penalties

I make that 5-1 just off the top of my head. All of them were pretty blatant as well.
    Steven Gerrard - 2nd yellow.

6-1

Statistically it is approaching certainty that things don't even themselves over the course of the season. There simply aren't enough games played.

Say each team gets 10 dodgy match affecting decisions over the course of a season, and it's 50:50 whether they go for or against you, then it is extremely unlikely that all clubs will get 5 go for them and 5 against. Some might, but others might easily be 6 and 4, 7 and 3 or worse.

Say there are 2 fairly even teams, one who gets 7:3 in their Fabian's another who gets 7:3 against, that could be a swing of 16 points, if the decisions converted wins into draws or draws into wins. That could easily be the difference between relegation or otherwise.

Skertl - 2 penalties

2 hours added time vs Sunderland

There were numerous decisions in the West Ham home game that left me baffled too.

There were numerous decisions in the West Ham home game that left me baffled too.
    Ole's decision to address the crowd before kick off being the first of them .

The Rooney one, what a farce that was. Also, us being forced to have two players off the pitch during that Liverpool game defending a free kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    The Rooney one, what a farce that was. Also, us being forced to have two players off the pitch during that Liverpool game defending a free kick.
    At the time I thought that, but the rules stated they had to go off. Didn't stop me calling the ref various names for the rest of the game though.

Another illegal winner for us last night..swings and roundabouts i say

Using our season in the premier league is clutching at straws. We finished bottom because we were shit, not because of dodgy decidions.

Yes, I agree.

Your OP is spot on - football fans are always biased when judging a referee's performance. You rarely get people saying "The ref should have booked our player, and he barely gave the opposition anything"

Are there crap refs, yes. Are they out to get your club? Unlikely.

The fact is teams at the top end of a table will fare better in bad decisions because they, invariably, attack more during the games. Some teams at the top may even see more of the ball in most games they play, but that's not always the case.

Skertl - 2 penalties

Fans always remember the decisions that went against them.

At the time I thought that, but the rules stated they had to go off. Didn't stop me calling the ref various names for the rest of the game though.
    I didn't think you went that season?